Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What I meant to say was.....

• 22-08-2020 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Go back in time and change what you said to what given hindsight you should have said.

Me: I dont think this is working out anymore.

Should have said: I love you but I dont think you feel the same. Change my mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I was shocked to learn that you are married, and that your wife is here and distressed. I would never have been with you if I had known your marital status and I feel that removing your wedding ring was deliberately deceitful. Ignoring me and doing nothing when I was attacked and called a ‘slag’ was both hurtful and gutless. The pain has always remained with me.

I behaved with courtesy, grace and dignity and I remain proud of myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Me: My first job on a luxury liner and look at the crummy role I'm lumbered with. Sitting with a telescope, freezing my balls off. Didn't they read my C.V.? Screw this Jack, I'm going to bed.

Should have said: Iceberg!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭karlitob

Go back in time and change what you said to what given hindsight you should have said.

Me: I dont think this is working out anymore.

Should have said: I love you but I dont think you feel the same. Change my mind.

IMHO - both ways would not get you the result that you wanted. They say men need to learn how to speak to women. Looks like it works both ways.

I have to say, they’re both shocking ways to speak to someone in a relationship about issues in your relationship.

karlitob wrote: »
    I have to say, they’re both shocking ways to speak to someone in a relationship about issues in your relationship.

I would hardly describe them as 'shocking'. You want shocking-look at what happened to me back in 1912.

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I would hardly describe them as 'shocking'. You want shocking-look at what happened to me back in 1912.

Well you’re only one half of that relationship so that’s only your opinion. I’m giving you a different perspective - take from it what you will. You put up the post on a public forum.

Not sure what your point about 1912 is. Can’t wait to be enlightened.

• Advertisement

Pay attention to the posts and posters.

What you highlighted wasn't 'shocking' at all. 'Shocking' is being ignorant about Jack and Rose and their doomed relationship.

Pay attention to the posts and posters.

What you highlighted wasn't 'shocking' at all. 'Shocking' is being ignorant about Jack and Rose and their doomed relationship.

I did - but thanks for matronising me.

While I love being womansplained to about what I should or shouldn’t feel based on what you think - I am shocked, and I remain shocked. It is my opinion and you don’t get to tell me what I do or don’t think or feel.

You might have your own standards for being shocked - they’re your business.

I’m still waiting to be enlightened about your reference to 1912. Dis something happen at 12 minutes past 7pm that is somehow related to the post that you wanted me to pay particular attention to.

I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm not sure you do either.

I'm not a woman and neither are you so maybe we should just leave this thread to the ladies.

Read my first post in this thread, I'm just joking around.

You want shocking-look at what happened to me back in 1912.

This reference. What’s your point?

karlitob wrote: »
    This reference. What’s your point?

The year the Titanic sank. All my fault.

• Advertisement
Advertisement