Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spearfishing Cork

• 07-09-2019 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hello

Have tried my hand a few times at spearfishing , no catches so far but getting closer ! Looking for a buddy in the cork area for safety purposes and maybe to pick up some tips , if any one is interested let me know .

Went out yesterday , missed a few fish by literally an inch or two , unfortunately my speargun which I bought last year (Cressi Apache 60cm ) broke at the top after I reloaded it and fired again (possibly loaded it wrong in haste while threading water and a bit tired) . The plastic where the spear circle where the spear is placed through completely broke away from the main section . These guns have excellent reviews online but tbh after seeing how easily it gave way even if it was possibly loaded incorrectly Im hesitant to buy the same again , can anybody recommended an alternative? Don't want to spend crazy money but will to spend more than last time if it's more durable ....

Even though the gun broke ended up having a lovely snorkel , seen a good bit of life , the highlight being a massive dogfish !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

In case anyone else out there is in a similar situation said I'd provide an update .

Ended up buying the Cressi Comanche 60cm speargun , it's approx a third more expensive than the original Cressi Apache speargun I had . First impression is that you can feel the difference in quality straight away when holding it in comparison to the Apache and it also come pre rigged so need to have to crimp the line to the harpoon yourself as with the Apache . Also the is no plastic parts at top like the Apache so hopefully will be a good bit more resilient.

Advertisement