Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Basketball in Limerick

• 25-02-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if there were any "pick up" games of basketball going in Limerick?

I've toyed with the idea of giving it a crack for years - I haven't played since school, and never at any reasonably competitive level - but I'd love to give it a try if there were any casual games happening without having to join a league/team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I was just wondering if there were any "pick up" games of basketball going in Limerick?

I've toyed with the idea of giving it a crack for years - I haven't played since school, and never at any reasonably competitive level - but I'd love to give it a try if there were any casual games happening without having to join a league/team.

I can't comment on what goes on now but there definitely was pick up games in UL on various evenings when I previously played there. I didn't play those games myself but I suspect if you pop down or give the desk a call they could point you in the right direction. All levels too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Best option is to go on the the Basketball Ireland website, look at local Limerick teams, get a contact number and see about heading to a practice or scrimmage with them.
    There are about 6-7 teams in the local league and most a quite approachable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If you were looking at getting a game set up I’d be up for it. Could play Tuesday - Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SJS23

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Hi there, we play basketball on Thursdays in UL Sport arena from 8 till 9pm. Everyone's welcome, send me an SMS on 0877536626 for info

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SJS23

callaway92 wrote: »
    If you were looking at getting a game set up I’d be up for it. Could play Tuesday - Friday

Hi there, we play basketball on Thursdays in UL Sport arena from 8 till 9pm. Everyone's welcome, send me an SMS on 0877536626 for info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Old thread but anyone having luck running a pickup game in Limerick? I have one with work most either never played or dabbled in school so it's in no way a competitive game) once a week in UL but between timings not suiting, injuries and life in general getting in the way, it's tough to get a consistent 4v4 or 5v5 going.

I have learned though that there is a definite market for older/unfit/less skilled/noobs who want to play basketball without joining a club. I'm happy just to be getting some shots up each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Just saw this now. I'd be up for this, or if anything has been developed since this thread began I'd like to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 girenijus

I'm looking for any pick up game in Limerick at an amateur level. Text on 0892676764 if you know some place to play. Thanks

Advertisement