Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battles thread

• 09-01-2016 1:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the past this fine forum has hosted a number of tournaments featuring fictional characters( and on several occasions my furry side). Now, this thread is where I will post fights I would like to see. Each fight will be up for a week or so. So without further ado I give you the first fight:

A MURDER OF CROWS]

SCARECROW (Marvel
    latest?cb=20111003183307

VS.

Ebenezer Laughton(M) and Doctor Crane have been brought together to settle once and for all who is truly deserving of the name they both claim. The winner will continue on in villiany while the loser will never leave the cornfield.
    image1.jpg

Notes: Laughton has a pitchfork, no crows though. He is also purely human in this contest. Professor Crane is carrying a scythe and has a limited supply for his fear gas dispenser.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Who wins , who loses?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I vote for scarecrow dc anyway

Can i pick two characters next week :D?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I vote for scarecrow dc anyway

Can i pick two characters next week :D?

That a possibility. PM your ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

How does this work, Wolfmon? :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That a possibility. PM your ideas

Cool will do :)

• Advertisement

How does this work, Wolfmon? :o

Weigh up the competitors, then declare a victor in your eyes. Be as verbose or succinct as you wish in declaring a victor

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Interweb says you're wrong, Seph :P

https://twitter.com/Stephen_C_Ward/status/686215285179858944

1 vote for Marvel scarecrow. He seems to me to have an advantage at physical level, where they're matched for a lot of the rest.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Ohhh I remember this. Was always really bad at it though as didn't know much about the different characters so I'll just watch from the corner and cheer......at randomly intervals :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Going for DC, based mainly on the fact that I know nothing of the Marvel one, and indeed I didn't even know there was a Marvel Scarecrow.

I gotta give it to Marvel's entrant. Started as a contortionist, and has faced off against some of the heavy hitters of the MCU as a mere mortal. Seriously, a rubber man and his trained birds taking on Iron Man trumps a psychologist who thinks he can beat up Batman for me.

• Advertisement

BTW, click the names for a link to their abilities/bios

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

*cheers at random* :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Um... AFAIK both of them get turned into undead mutant monstrosities at some point, and neither of them are in that state in this event. However, Marvel Scarecrow gets a mid-season upgrade at some point (surgical and genetic enhancements, implanting of Fear Glands etc.). With this and without the birds its a really close call as both have fear powers, immunity to fear, high physical capabilities for realtypes (plus one is a contortionist and the other a highly unorthodox martial artist and IIRC master of Capoeira) and pointy weapons.

I suspect that in a scrap between the two their quick, incredibly unpredictable movement and combat styles will result in a drawn-out fight. Marvel Scarecrow will inevitably doom himself by making sufficiently solid physical contact with the pitchfork (i.e. impaling his namesake) to slow himself down just enough so that the final follow-up from DC's scythe cannot be evaded even with his speed and inhuman flexibility - trying to avoid a weapon with that amount of cutting surface area at such a close range would likely become impossible. So, dead Marvel and mortally wounded DC Scarecrows are left to provide the field with a bumper crop of fertilizer.

DOUBLE K.O.

Time for a new Brawl

BLIND MAN'S BLUFF

Dr. Pieter Cross has traveled to New York city to testify in a special hearing concerning the supervillians responisble for his superhuman abilities. In an effort to insulate himself he has retained the services of one of New York City's top attorneys, Matthew Murdock. During the hearing a group of mercenaries attack the courtroom providing an escape opportunity for the villian known as the Fox. Dr. Cross changes into costume and sets off in pursuit. Unbeknownst to him however his attorney also has an alter-ego and erroneously believes Doctor Mid-Nite is wanted for multiple murders. They catch up with each other on a rooftop overlooking Times Square. Who will triumph and prove Justice is blind

1118707975_cef9d75953.jpg

https://twitter.com/Stephen_C_Ward/status/690988178216501249

I'm going to give it to Daredevil as he's one of favourite characters. :)

Doctor mid night :cool:

typical :P

Delirium wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Stephen_C_Ward/status/690988178216501249

I'm going to give it to Daredevil as he's one of favourite characters. :)
    typical :P

Boooooooo that man :P :D

You two are just gonna do this every fight aren't you?

But of course :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Daredevil seeing as I've never heard of Doctor Midnite

** hides behind shield for torrent of abuse bound to be rained down upon my non-comic reading head..........

Time once again for a battle in here. This time around in honor of the upcoming holiday I have decided to let two complete nutters tear into each other for the privilege of hunting unimpeded for a single night. Welcome to
    A SLAUGHTER AT SAMHAIN

Leatherface
    leather_by_grimbro-d84p21m.jpg
    image_111.jpg

Ladies, gentlemen, and the rest of you the polls are open until 30 October. Oh, and this Michael can die. No superpowers in this fight.

I think leather face would murder him............literally!

Personally I feel Michael has a stealth advantage he could bring to the party.

Personally I feel Michael has a stealth advantage he could bring to the party.

Look at the size of the puny knife though! it can't stand up against a chainsaw :cool:

Look at the size of the puny knife though! it can't stand up against a chainsaw :cool:

Stealthy McStabberson ftw!! :P :D

Myers!

Stealthy McStabberson ftw!! :P :D

Myers!

Booooo :pac:

Advertisement