Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House South Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Considering all the houses around it are large detached homes, there'd be little difficulty in getting planning changed to one detached home.

I'd obviously check with a professional and also if serious about it, talk to the property owners the site is backing onto - I would suspect they would prefer one large house than 3 terraced houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think the naivety would be that the neighbours would not have you embrolled in planning legal cobwebs for years given the location and proximity to their own sites and views.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

listermint wrote: »
    I think the naivety would be that the neighbours would not have you embrolled in planning legal cobwebs for years given the location and proximity to their own sites and views.

There already is planning for a terrace of 3 x 3beds. I reckon the neighbours would love that changed to 1 x detached.

The OP should check the planning files and see what objections there were for the current planning.

Choice

Steelworks (easily changed to mechanic workshop, car body shop or other factory type use)

3 x 3 bed terrace

1 x detached

What would you prefer at the back of your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

silver2020 wrote: »
    There already is planning for a terrace of 3 x 3beds. I reckon the neighbours would love that changed to 1 x detached.

The OP should check the planning files and see what objections there were for the current planning.

Choice

Steelworks (easily changed to mechanic workshop, car body shop or other factory type use)

3 x 3 bed terrace

1 x detached

What would you prefer at the back of your house?

Id definitely scrutinise the planning application, timescales, constraints etc. Whats the reason for sale i wonder because this location they should fly off the shelf..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

i'd also be aware that the council might take a dim view on reducing the density on the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Speaking from experience, take your site cost 700k (duty / solicitor / engineers etc) the 50k you’d spend getting planning, the 700k you’d spend building paying levies etc and go buy a nice house for 1.2 / 1.3 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

hurikane wrote: »
    Speaking from experience, take your site cost 700k (duty / solicitor / engineers etc) the 50k you’d spend getting planning, the 700k you’d spend building paying levies etc and go buy a nice house for 1.2 / 1.3 million.

I can’t find one , that’s why I’m looking at the site. The chance to have exactly what I want, in the portions I want, in the location I want.

Thanks for the planning advice. All makes sense .

I was afraid we’d be refused Planning based on a need for 3 house In the area rather than 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Site clearance cost.
    Steelworks, possible pollution issues
    Access is shared.
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie
    ref SD18A/0356
    went to ABP.
    PP says 4 terraced.

Surface water and sewage works won't be cheap.

As noted earlier, the question is why is it not snapped up?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Site clearance cost.
    Steelworks, possible pollution issues
    Access is shared.
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie
    ref SD18A/0356
    went to ABP.
    PP says 4 terraced.

Surface water and sewage works won't be cheap.

As noted earlier, the question is why is it not snapped up?

ABP reduced it to three to allow access for emergency vehicles.

Advertisement