Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owatrol or Sikkens

• 18-07-2020 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

So i have 4 wooden posts 100mm x100mm which i have on my patio and am mouting a shade sail off it.i want to protect and stain seal the wood as best i can.I will also be rapping pokyhemp deck rope around the wood at intervals so,at the top ill have a foot of rope then a foot in the middle and another goot at the bottom.Can anyone suggest the best product available ,ive heard Owatrol or Sikkens or maybe Sandolin.But dont know where to start.The wood is just standard pressure treated softwood for outdoors,it is smooth enough not rough sawn.So id like a light coloured stain ,maybe a light oak to enhance the wood and grain.But what product should i go for sikkens ,owatrol and then how many coats of each.Thanks

Advertisement