Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bug Bounty

• 08-06-2020 5:09pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey ,

Anyone here have experience of bug bountys ? I'm in the middle of submitting my first one(s) and getting a bit lost.

Whats to stop a company taking your report, patching the flaw and then saying "we cant reproduce the issue"

I know the issue existed because I created a video recreating the issue.

Just wondering whats the normal procedure here, as I say, I'm new at this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

With social media and ability to screenshot or record I doubt any company would be stupid enough to try that.

I’d be more worried that someone has steady submitted the issue and yours will be closed as a duplicate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

With social media and ability to screenshot or record I doubt any company would be stupid enough to try that.

I’d be more worried that someone has steady submitted the issue and yours will be closed as a duplicate.

Do you have experience in this field ?
    If so I've a few more questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

No, but I work for a software company with open source and non-open source products. We have public JIRA projects and private ones. The lead time from an issue being identified / first reported to a fix being rolled out can be weeks or even months depending on resolution complexity and test cases, so there is a possibility they already are aware of the issue and working on a fix. Rushing out a fix can cause more problems than the original issue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Do you have experience in this field ?
    If so I have a few more questions

Advertisement