Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Never thought I'd say this, but I even miss the rain at festivals, that warm muggy rain....ah.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Have got a bit bored of Elbow over the past few years but that 2011 set from Glastonbury was stupendous. Garvey, and his namedropping, can be a tad annoying on BBC6 but as a frontman he knows how to deal with audiences.
    Love doing Forever Changes in 2003 also pretty top notch.

Was at both but missed Bowie in 2000, setlist excellent but on re-watching it didn't seem as good as I'd remembered. Never got to see Bowie after that and a big error not to go to Glasto in 2000. Missing the Beastie Boys at EP another big mistake.

What about you guys and acts you've regretted missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm hoping EP might procure Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets next year seeing that I had to file for my refund on Ticketmaster today.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I'm hoping EP might procure Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets next year seeing that I had to file for my refund on Ticketmaster today.

That'd be cool but I can't see them doing many fests. Glasto on the Park stage and a couple of other esoteric ones maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Have got a bit bored of Elbow over the past few years but that 2011 set from Glastonbury was stupendous. Garvey, and his namedropping, can be a tad annoying on BBC6 but as a frontman he knows how to deal with audiences.
    Love doing Forever Changes in 2003 also pretty top notch.

Was at both but missed Bowie in 2000, setlist excellent but on re-watching it didn't seem as good as I'd remembered. Never got to see Bowie after that and a big error not to go to Glasto in 2000. Missing the Beastie Boys at EP another big mistake.

What about you guys and acts you've regretted missing?

Agree elbow have become a little boring, I scoffed a bit heading to their EP set 2017 but reminded why I loved them originally shortly afterwards! Garvey did a session with other voices, the interview part was very very deep he spoke about losing his Dad, but the performance was absolutely top class!!

Watched Bowies glasto set last week, as good as it was from a performance and sound side, it was a little painful viewing. The live coverage has advanced so much from then until now. Everything from camera quality, stage, lighting, no screens. It was a "grainy" Bowie standing under what seemed like x2 static colour lights, dark everywhere else, struggle to see the crowd in the footage :)

• Advertisement

There are 427 sleeps, am off to knock another one off that number right now.

We really didn't need to know that Scruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

There is some serious depth and quantity of stuff on the iPlayer. Gonna be a busy 25 days I think.

Currently watching The Cure from 2019.

I live near Stradbally and it reminds me of 2012, when I went to collect a takeout from the village and through the air could hear them play inside. Taunting me as had no ticket that year (second son 15 days old at time), and had never seen them live.

Maybe 2021, Robert Smith still the real deal, it's some set from Glasto.

The set: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3CLYcrpgC6VvMGmBvZaOI9?si=0u6O78YGT_qWGW9fIqETrg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

PS if I wasn't halfway into a bag o'cans I'd pop out for a curry chip takeaway after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We really didn't need to know that Scruff.

sharing is caring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭endainoz

First gig back tonight! Socially distanced gig in Hotel Doolin called "the spaced out sessions". Tickets limited to 50 people, but we'll have table service and tapas included and herself is driving so it'll also be my first pints in a pub since the end of February!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Fair play to ya. I'm not jealous at all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fatfrog wrote: »

Albums were never up to much, but some of the single were belters imho.

They've been around longer than most bands and had substantial success.

Not sure why there was a bit of music snobbery about them.

Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭LowOdour

everlast75 wrote: »
    Albums were never up to much, but some of the single were belters imho.

They've been around longer than most bands and had substantial success.

Not sure why there was a bit of music snobbery about them.

Best of luck to him.

Id be similar...never was a major fan, a band with a lot of good singles.

They played a mini tour of Ireland 6 weeks before they headlined Glastonbury. The gig in Salthill was one of the most fun gigs i was ever at. Bizarre in some ways looking back, but was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »

Charged with domestic abuse it seems

Rfrip wrote: »
    Charged with domestic abuse it seems

And sentenced:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53319170

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

'You're in love with a psycho' indeed :(

Wow, he sounds like a pretty despicable human alright. I was always a fan of kasabian, would be nice if they replaced him and kept going.

I remember hearing about how they became the default "lad band" after oasis broke up. West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum is their peak album imo.

Any new announcements for the Picnic :):D:D

Has anybody been watching #courage done by other voices. It's definitely a step up production wise from the home sessions. Seamus Begley and co were on last night recorded from Kylemore Abbey. Fontianes from Kilmainham past week were brilliant aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Kepler21

endainoz wrote: »
    Has anybody been watching #courage done by other voices. It's definitely a step up production wise from the home sessions. Seamus Begley and co were on last night recorded from Kylemore Abbey. Fontianes from Kilmainham past week were brilliant aswell.

I saw Fontaines D.C. and thought it was awesome, and caught Saint Sister as well. Looking forward to Seamus Begley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yeah i've caught a few.
    Fontaines were great, and Anna Mieke last night was really good.
    I saw the first one (Loah i think), which was very good.

I missed the murder capital though, and can't find it available to re-watch which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah i've caught a few.
    Fontaines were great, and Anna Mieke last night was really good.
    I saw the first one (Loah i think), which was very good.

I missed the murder capital though, and can't find it available to re-watch which is a shame.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2020/0629/1150272-other-voices-courage-watch-lankum-in-concert/

Well I'm hearing good reports from UK about a vaccine which might be available in September, so hopefully all our festivals might be back next year,

Stillill42 wrote: »

Superb stuff, thanks man. They've really come on, as you've previously said, and less of the onstage dramatics. For me a superior outfit to the Fontaines (who I also love) but maybe the post-punk sound is more my thing. As tight a band as I've seen over the past decade and hopefully their evolution will continue.

Brilliantly filmed (OVs continue to do us proud) and the location is great, makes Dublin look cool as fu*k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well I'm hearing good reports from UK about a vaccine which might be available in September, so hopefully all our festivals might be back next year,

Would that were true but it’s gonna be a while longer than that I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Superb stuff, thanks man. They've really come on, as you've previously said, and less of the onstage dramatics. For me a superior outfit to the Fontaines (who I also love) but maybe the post-punk sound is more my thing. As tight a band as I've seen over the past decade and hopefully their evolution will continue.

Brilliantly filmed (OVs continue to do us proud) and the location is great, makes Dublin look cool as fu*k.

Yeah, they're done a great job on the latest set of OV recordings. Fontaines in Kilmainham spectacular too. I'm really excited to see where the Murder Capital boys can go. My last 2 gigs before the shutters came down were their gig in Vicar Street and the Rock against Homelessness gig in the Olympia and they were genuinely electric at both. God I miss gigs.

I'd rather take my chances with a couple of blue ghosts vs first in the queue for a vaccine! )p

How was Oxegen, did anyone go this year. :):D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭rubick

*initiates sensor sweep*

*click bork click dukka dukka dukka*

*parp*

Well, Boards seems to have been unblocked in work.

YEEEEEOOOOOW

Advertisement