Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Air Corps CD-ROM?

• 13-05-2020 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey lads, I have this CD titled "IRISH AIR CORPS 1922 - 1997" but I can't seem to play it. Whenever I open it up on my laptop it's just a bunch of files that lead nowhere, save for a few clips of aircraft like the Gazelle or Marchetti.

Anyone have any ideas how to run it? it's supposedly a "fully interactive CD-ROM with photographs, sound and video."

If it's of any use it was made with "Macromedia".

Update: It says this "app can't run on your pc" when I run it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Have it too, you wont get it to play it was released with windows 95!!!

Only way to play the videos is open them with VLC Media:

https://www.videolan.org/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RCB1A

Really?! Damn shame, I was looking forward to seeing the full thing. Thanks for letting me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you know a nerd the CD can be dumpted and mounted in a 95 VM.

Advertisement