Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 GUI Cups & Shields

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

What’s the position on halved matches? Some J Bruen matches were halved and now having be be played to a conclusion I hear in some clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

How does the scoring go when it is ended after 3 games complete. So match is over.

We were been hammered in one of the others and 1 up in the other going up the last

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

redhill wrote: »
    What’s the position on halved matches? Some J Bruen matches were halved and now having be be played to a conclusion I hear in some clubs
    If it's all square after 18 you keep going unless 0.5 decided the overall match, no matter if you are first or last out.

gypsy79 wrote: »
    How does the scoring go when it is ended after 3 games complete. So match is over.

We were been hammered in one of the others and 1 up in the other going up the last

Usually just all halved once match is over.

Bruen is all about getting two guys of 7,8 this year, high low four-ball doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

GreeBo wrote: »
    Bruen is all about getting two guys of 7,8 this year, high low four-ball doesn't work.

Yep, I lost our match today, I was the high guy off 10, it’s not easy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate beat Esker Hills 3-2 in Jimmy Bruen 1st round. Final game in Moate played 3 extra holes Saturday night until darkness made continuing impossible. Play resumed on the 4th yesterday evening and we won it there.

Esker Hills had beaten us 3.5 / 1.5 in the Junior Cup on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Athlone were beaten by Ballinasloe in the Jimmy Bruen on Friday night. Ballinasloe were the home team and won all 3 matches at home

Athlone won against Ballinasloe in the Pierce Purcell on Saturday night. Athlone as the home team won 2 matches at home and 1 match away

Athlone were beaten by Portumna in the Senior Cup last night. Athlone won 1 match at home and lost 1 match at home. Athlone lost 2 matches away, one of which went to the 19th.

Athlone play Junior Cup this coming Thursday with 3 matches at home and 2 away

Grange lost to Hermitage in Senior Cup on Saturday
    Grange beat Edmondstown in Jimmy Bruen on Sunday

Elmgreen beat Margarets in PP on Saturday
    Elmgreen beat Westmanstown in JB on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Clontarf beat Portmarnock 2-3 yesterday in Junior Cup. Clontarf won deciding match away on 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NedBagg

lads anyone know where you get the results of these matches on the Golfnet page.. seems to completely different from previous years

NedBagg wrote: »
    lads anyone know where you get the results of these matches on the Golfnet page.. seems to completely different from previous years

Yeah I was looking on Golfnet myself this morning and it's hard to follow. No updates yet anyway. I sent our result in last night and got an email back earlier today saying results would be updated this afternoon.

Thanks ... might change and be easier to find once they start putting the results up ,,,hopefully..

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

https://www.golfnet.ie/guilive#/competition/2211361/matchplay/2

They dont seem to have sorted the Leinster results section out just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Pierce Purcell: Rosses Point beaten by Carrick on Shannon on Sunday, lost 3 away.
    Jack O'Sullivan vs Enniscrone Thu 30th, 3 at home
    Junior Cup vs Carrick on Shannon also Thu 30th, 3 at home
    Jimmy Bruen vs Strandhill Sat 02-Aug, 2 at home
    Matches coming thick and fast now...

Don't forget, Open Week in Rosses Point starts on sat 02-Aug and runs until Sun 10-Aug. Course is in magic condition at the minute
    https://www.brsgolf.com/countysligo/opens_home.php

https://www.golfnet.ie/guilive#/competition/2225837/info

you have to click on the info tab to see results to date apparently

Cheers Wichita...been checking for results and couldn't see that out at all .. Thanks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

its impressive how unintuitive they have made the site

• Advertisement

Matches coming thick and fast now.

Moate beat Birr 3-2 in the Senior Cup while we lost 3-2 to Longford in the Pierce Purcell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Matches coming thick and fast now.

Moate beat Birr 3-2 in the Senior Cup while we lost 3-2 to Longford in the Pierce Purcell.

Cahir beat Dundrum in Pierce Purcell 4.5 to .5

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Jimmy Bruen, Lisheen Springs beat Grange Castle 4-5 - 0-5 in 2nd round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

My team lost Castlewarden lost 3 & 2 to Castleknock in first round of Jimmy Bruen.

Won 2 home and lost the 3 away, apparently the final match away was lost by a great birdie on the 18th at Castleknock. We were all listening to live updates in the carpark in Castlewarden after our matches. So close but not to be.

Anyone hear how Millicent vs Carton finished in the Senior Cup last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

the lawman wrote: »
    My team lost Castlewarden lost 3 & 2 to Castleknock in first round of Jimmy Bruen.

Won 2 home and lost the 3 away, apparently the final match away was lost by a great birdie on the 18th at Castleknock. We were all listening to live updates in the carpark in Castlewarden after our matches. So close but not to be.

Anyone hear how Millicent vs Carton finished in the Senior Cup last week?

Carton Won. Playing Lucan this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Jack O'Sullivan vs Enniscrone Thu 30th, 3 at home. Lost last match away on 21st
    Junior Cup vs Carrick on Shannon also Thu 30th, 3 at home. Win
    Jimmy Bruen vs Strandhill Sat 02-Aug, 2 at home. Win
    Matches coming thick and fast now...

Don't forget, Open Week in Rosses Point starts on sat 02-Aug and runs until Sun 10-Aug. Course is in magic condition at the minute
    https://www.brsgolf.com/countysligo/opens_home.php

This is the most matches we've won in yonks!
    Senior Cup vs Strandhill next Sunday (3 Away)

I see the GUI are saying that in Kildare Laois and Offaly all remaining interclub fixtures have to be played on the 23rd of August restrictions permitting... Not sure how that will work for us as we still have to play JB,PP Barton cup and Junior cup... If the restrictions were in on Friday night does.that not mean Sat would be available when restrictions are lifter...if they are lifted?? ...and b4 anyone says it I know " First world problems".. I know... Strange times we are living in. Can't see this being finished this year.. Keep safe everyone unfortunately I think it will be carnage when the flu season begins...

I see the GUI are saying that in Kildare Laois and Offaly all remaining interclub fixtures have to be played on the 23rd of August restrictions permitting... Not sure how that will work for us as we still have to play JB,PP Barton cup and Junior cup... If the restrictions were in on Friday night does.that not mean Sat would be available when restrictions are lifter...if they are lifted?? ...and b4 anyone says it I know " First world problems".. I know... Strange times we are living in. Can't see this being finished this year.. Keep safe everyone unfortunately I think it will be carnage when the flu season begins...

Wonder how many of those factory workers are members in carton, k club or heritage??

Yet same factories are reopening today

GUI could clearly have played games between those clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

For me the inter club events moving to 3 matches at home and 2 away is a positive that should stay post covid. Get the chance to go out and see guys playing senior cup/purcell as well as not tying up courses for weekends hosting matches.’

Sure the finals could be neutral venues etc but i think the opening rounds being played home and away is definitely a positive

• Advertisement

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Wonder how many of those factory workers are members in carton, k club or heritage??

Yet same factories are reopening today

GUI could clearly have played games between those clubs

Yeah I'm not too sure many of them would be members of golf clubs.. im surprised we had so many people following these new guidelines as the club was much quieter this weekend... loads of free time slots...

Advertisement