Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fairly sure it's just under 5k, lots of gigs are, as anything over 5k needs a specific type of public gathering licence for the local authority (the one that the government is directing to be refused now).

I'd say there's no hope of events up to 5k being allowed in June either, that's assuming Haim even bother coming over here to tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

I'd say most tours will be cancelled/postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At least its known now and alternative arrangements can be made

Hoping HELLAMEGA tour gets moved to next year as it's a killer line up and way to marketable to be canned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Festivals aren't likely to have the same acts? I got tickets to the Friday of Longitude because Kendrick is playing, but he probably won't be there next year? Will he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Lux23 wrote: »
    Festivals aren't likely to have the same acts? I got tickets to the Friday of Longitude because Kendrick is playing, but he probably won't be there next year? Will he?
    I'd say most festivals will have roughly the same lineups. Most acts are just going to move their tours to summer 2021 instead. I'd imagine Kendrick will do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Ok, cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Dynamo Metalfest in Eindhoven cancelled as well, was meant to take place in July,just got the email confirmation, ticket valid for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Can i ask, what hoops if any did you have to jump through? Did you just phone them and tell them, "refund please" or did you have to fill out the online form asking for a refund?

thanks.

No major hoops, I filled out their customer service contact form online. A ticket was raised, I got a notification through to my email with ticket number. Didn't hear from them again until the refund email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭fafy

Hopefully that will push the promoters to engage with ticket holders and offer refunds where it has not already happened!

It has already happened, refunds are available for any event that has been rescheduled, but you need to request them, as the majority will likely avail of the revised date.

I’ve got 5 refunds so far, and only 1 of those was with Ticketmaster. In each case, there was no issues, but refund must be requested.

Refunds are only automatic, where the event is cancelled outright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

fafy wrote: »
    It has already happened, refunds are available for any event that has been rescheduled, but you need to request them, as the majority will likely avail of the revised date.

I’ve got 5 refunds so far, and only 1 of those was with Ticketmaster. In each case, there was no issues, but refund must be requested.

Refunds are only automatic, where the event is cancelled outright

Oh I know that. I was referring to the gigs that have not yet been cancelled or rescheduled like the Marley concerts. Its been obvious for a few weeks that they wont go ahead but no word from the promoters.
    No doubt we will hear soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wonder for gatherings of less than 5000 would we still need to keep our 2 metre distance as that could still rule out any gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Tidy towns competition is cancelled. Well that's it now I'm p****d

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Saltwater Festival in Westport is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

As In other threads
    MCD are to have full reschedule by next week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Tidy towns competition is cancelled. Well that's it now I'm p****d

The Tidy Towns crowd will riot. Knocking over cones and everything. Shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Anyone know if the refund from ticketmaster will be automatic or do i have to go chasing this refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Should be automatic refund if bought on Ticketmaster online account.

Here's something I didn't know.

Signed up to a website that turned out to be a scam last week so cancelled the credit card used and got new one reissued.
    The old credit card had loads of T/M purchases for gigs, theatre, sports events etc over last year, some of which are now going to be cancelled.
    Seemingly the Ticketmaster refunds go back onto the old card but it is (thankfully) linked to the new card so nothing needs to be done.
    Was Mastercard but assume would be same for all issuers, just in case anybody has the same problem in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Live at the Marquee tickets are still on sale :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Twenty One Pilots has been fully cancelled and not postponed so refunds straight back to cards for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

conflict rescheduled to jan 21, same venue, drop dead twice, if it opens after the plague....

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

T&C's reads as follows:

"11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages (Service Charges and Order Processing Fees are non-refundable). Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund. "

Does anyone know when the 'specified deadline' is for each event? Any email I have received from ticketmaster doesn't even mention an option for refund.
    I might hold onto tickets if I can claim a refund closer if it doesn't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Has picture this in malahide castle been cancelled. Can't see anything on the Ticketmaster site saying otherwise. The daughter was supposed to be going.

hadepsx wrote: »
    Has picture this in malahide castle been cancelled. Can't see anything on the Ticketmaster site saying otherwise. The daughter was supposed to be going.

All gigs will be off yes. You won't get an announcement until they have sorted a rescheduled date

That's the pixies done in iveagh gardens. Will hold onto the ticket for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

How can we get a refund for a rescheduled concert? I had tickets for the Westlife concert in August 2020 but just got an email now saying it's rescheduled until August 2021.

The email doesn't say anything about refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Rookie question but I’ve tickets to crowded house in Trinity for the summer bought in a ticketmaster kiosk if it matters, how do I check the status of that gig (I know it’s not happening I just mean officially)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭fafy

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    How can we get a refund for a rescheduled concert? I had tickets for the Westlife concert in August 2020 but just got an email now saying it's rescheduled until August 2021.

The email doesn't say anything about refunds

Exactly, TM don’t mention it, has been discussed at length on other threads.

Where a gig is postponed, if ticket bought from TM, you need to request a refund here :

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

Select “Refund/Exchange”in the select a topic menu, and fill in all the other fields.

It’s taking approx 5 to 10 working days at the moment before your card is credited.

Going from recent experiences, TM won’t process a refund request for a rescheduled event, until, such time, as the new event date has been officially announced. So its really a waste of time requesting a refund until the new date is announced by the event promoter.

Promoters will have a quite xmas this year if most shows are rescheduled to 2021

Hard to see any new tours happening and been announced at the end of this year

• Advertisement

I can see Duran Duran in St Annes Park getting cancelled casue it was part of a limited series of gigs with a few Euro festival dates. Possible return in the futre

MCR might be cancelled too and they will return in the future as part of a new tour

Too early and difficult too say for post summer gigs yet

Advertisement