Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick University full of Nazis?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I thought this might have been about the students complaining they cannot find accommodation on campus because the fee paying foreign students get first dibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

It's a man wearing big flares proposing to his fiance . Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How do these things get published? Surly someone in the room looked at it and realised it looked bad.

google: Catholic Church’s Archdiocesan Youth Commission.

You couldn't make it up

Reminded me of the statue of Papa John outside the library at NUI Maynooth. “Say nothing about this to anybody lads. There’s a big bag o’ tayto and a bottle of TK red in it for ye!”

ie333.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Gas altogether.
    I've lost my concentration.

How do these things get published? Surly someone in the room looked at it and realised it looked bad.

google: Catholic Church’s Archdiocesan Youth Commission.

You couldn't make it up

Nearly choked laughing at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im more intersted to find out why they are crash testing 1000 cars a year, thats almost 5 crashed cars in every working day. Will the 1000th crashed car really tell them any more than the 999 before them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im more intersted to find out why they are crash testing 1000 cars a year, thats almost 5 crashed cars in every working day. Will the 1000th crashed car really tell them any more than the 999 before them?

Depends what you're testing. They might crash 30 cars to test a single point of impact on different objects.

Test data can take a long time to gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

El Tarangu wrote: »
    If you ever had to design a logo or other sort of abstract shape, you will know just how easily it can end up looking like either a swastika, or a penis.
    74230466_438439060133394_2113215388140437504_n.jpg
    NSFW.
    penis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

CHILL ..its just a logo....its like an ink blot it can look like anything if you squint

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

93825333-219587072678189-7756202017450580566-n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

El Tarangu wrote: »
    If you ever had to design a logo or other sort of abstract shape, you will know just how easily it can end up looking like either a swastika, or a penis.

Exactly. You see what you want to see :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

biko wrote: »
    93825333-219587072678189-7756202017450580566-n.jpg

I did Nazi that coming.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Totally SFW

that in no way even remotely resembles any kind of phallus....

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Totally SFW

that in no way even remotely resembles any kind of phallus....

:D

The deer is shagging the torpedo/castle, and there's bacon. That's what a lot of UL students saw anyway. The rest of them saw the deer
    with its mouth on something attached to its body that in no way even remotely resembles a phallus
    ...and bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I see a red door and I want it painted black

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

It's an unfortunate logo indeed but I don't think it means UL is full of Nazis. Most likely it was designed by some millennial or Gen-X student who like sooooo totally wasn't into all that like ancient Hitler and his like Roman legions history stuff like in like secondary school like. I'm sure it will get fixed without the need for a purge of the campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

All I see here is hyper-sensitivity. Any excuse to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Limerick is less Supermensch and more Supermacs

Advertisement