Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey FK1 Honda Civic

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That has answered my question yes! Some LEDs don't dim gradually. Might get them myself so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That has answered my question yes! Some LEDs don't dim gradually. Might get them myself so.

But because I have the reflective piece taken out and the LEDs are so bright, it takes abit getting used too.

But ya, it does dim whether you're inside the car with the keys in the ignition or outside the car locking it!

Also them bulbs I found great. Had them in the number plate lights on the yaris for like a year and a half as well and no issues of overheating, blowing or anything like that!

I also think they make a massive difference to the car. The camera phone photos are just awful, it gives the impression that it looks sh!te. However, I can assure you that you'll not be disappointed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭passatman86

Done anything recently

Done anything recently

Erm no nothing happening lately. I'll keep you posted. :)

Update time again! Nothing over exciting, but updates none the less.

So, since the last update the Civic

Service: New oil.air filter and Castrol C3 magnetic.

27601103959_9b14a20311.jpg

by Ah here! Do not talk bull!, on Flickr

Old and new air filter!
    27601104699_12e394033a.jpg

Next I changed the boot light for a purple one!

The boot light just pops out of place, a butter knife was useful for this! But becareful, the wire can disappear behind the trim which is what happened to me! Spent 3 hours trying to fish it out with my fingers!

27601136669_eed671702c_c.jpg

Dissemble!

27601136629_03cc817c3e.jpg

Old and new!
    39378023251_e44a76a161_c.jpg

It's literally plug in and play, like the other bulbs!
    27601136469_eb55b895c5_c.jpg

27601136359_9c8683ae6e_c.jpg

Back in place! Nicer than the yellowish standard on! the light it dimmer, but bright enough to see what you're at in the boot.

27601136299_ffa5198a9c_c.jpg

Next on the list was the middle interior light!

27601136089_bba22e5ff8_c.jpg

To remove the cover, there are two notches on this side indicted by the arrows. This can be achieved by a small flat head screwdriver
    27601136039_6f36ae9532_z.jpg

Cover off!
    27601135939_958af3dd72_c.jpg

The dome requires a 31mm Festoon type bulb. (These bulbs have a point at either side!
    27601135829_0396132100_c.jpg

by Ah here! Do not talk bull!, on Flick

Push it in and that's it! :D

27601135779_9a861848df_c.jpg

Much better!
    27601135679_a6c4122d8b_c.jpg

• Advertisement

Next on the list was to change the bulbs in the sun visors

27601135559_38f7e86976_c.jpg

Again, a small flat head screw driver is helpful here. Just stick it into the notch at the bottom of the plastic cover and it unclips with a bit of light force.

27601135439_bb6be74cf6_c.jpg

Like so!

39378021711_3449993616_c.jpg[/url]

The sun visor requires 31mm fuse type bulbs!

Old and new!
    27601135369_3d8b6f64f8_c.jpg

The bulb holder is pretty delicate and it can push back slightly, so ensure you have the right bulb!

Half way there!

27601135249_aa757f8029_c.jpg

Repeat the process for the passenger side! And wa-lah!

27601135159_325254d065_c.jpg

That's all the interior bulbs changed!

Brighter than my future!

39378022851_6b4c48b1d3_c.jpg

The Civic was also looking manky! So it got a wash!

Before!

38500485225_49bf35fb4b_c.jpg

25508595668_427864cbf9_c.jpg

After! As clean as a whistle!

27601104219_366ac27f50_c.jpg

38500485095_80a4bb1252_c.jpg

I didn't want to have to link the profile, but it seems that Flickr requires it now! So if it ensures that the photos don't disappear I am willing to do it!

More updates to come in the next few days.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Lights look well, might change the reg plates lights myself now.

Im right in saying that the original rear view mirror is magnified ?

How you finding the cabin noise ? Mine came with two front winters so I dont know if thats what is making road noise so piss poor.

Any plans to change the radio ? Was browsing through other forums and seen that a lot of people have removed the standard one and have fitted double din touch screen units instead. Would be a while before I could consider it myself tbh for cost reasons.

Lights look well, might change the reg plates lights myself now.

How you finding the cabin noise ? Mine came with two front winters so I dont know if thats what is making road noise so piss poor.

Any plans to change the radio ? Was browsing through other forums and seen that a lot of people have removed the standard one and have fitted double din touch screen units instead. Would be a while before I could consider it myself tbh for cost reasons.

Thanks! I am awful at updating these progress threads. :o

The L.E.D's are a nice cheap upgrade and I think it really suits this generation Civic

Well, I have 4 mohawk summer tyres on mine. I really don't find it bad. Compared to the Yaris I used to have, which was awful. But that's like comparing apples and oranges tbf. But I can't say it's that bad since buying the car. Another thing to consider is that you're car is a lot faster than mine.

I considered it indeed. The OEM radio doesn't look the best IMO.But it's handy that it takes CD's. But I am currently out of work for the time being, so funds are low and progress is very slow in this thread.

Yeah sure I wouldnt go as far to say its dire or anything but giving its modern futuristic design I would of expected a bit better sound insulation.

Regarding the radio, its something id really have to think strongly about as much as id love to.
    I've generally held onto my other cars for about 2 years but I dont think I'll be holding onto this one as long so it probably wouldnt be worth my while. Sorry to hear your out of work, hopefully things pick up for you :)

How are the window visors holding up ? Micks Garage have the same ones as yours at the moment which I am thinking about getting in a couple of weeks.

Yeah sure I wouldnt go as far to say its dire or anything but giving its modern futuristic design I would of expected a bit better sound insulation.

Regarding the radio, its something id really have to think strongly about as much as id love to.
    I've generally held onto my other cars for about 2 years but I dont think I'll be holding onto this one as long so it probably wouldnt be worth my while. Sorry to hear your out of work, hopefully things pick up for you :)

How are the window visors holding up ? Micks Garage have the same ones as yours at the moment which I am thinking about getting in a couple of weeks.

I usally have the radio very high, so I don't find it really. However, members have re-insulated their Civics on civinfo. Under the boot, doorcards etc. I can get more info on it if you like?

Oh really? Why is that? Thanks, I should be grand in time..

I bought them on Ebay, I'd only buy team-hekos. They are good quality and I've not had any issues. I had G3 wind deflectors on my old yaris. Put down the window, grand. Put up the window and the glass caught in them and bent the window regulator. Burned the wind deflectors the following weekend. Never again! So I'd recommend team-heko's over the G3's any day!

• Advertisement

Didnt get the same wow factor that I got with any of the the other cars I owned. Still early days though.

Didnt get the same wow factor that I got with any of the the other cars I owned. Still early days though.

Have you gotten all the ‘REV’ lights beside the speedo to come on yet?

Have you gotten all the ‘REV’ lights beside the speedo to come on yet?

I dont think so :D

Quick question as well colm,

When you are about to come to a stop and you clutch in, does your revs fluctuate and hold @1500 rpm for a second or two and gradually fall back to idle.

Same with reving it from stationary, when you let off the accelerator , it falls down to 1k and back to 1.4/1.5k and gradually falls back to normal idle rpm

Here a video i took of it.

https://youtu.be/aWfk6F52tQU

Ive been advised that it could be a dirty throttle body or maf sensor.

No, mine doesn’t do that.
    Have a look at the plugs too, Honda say use iridium ones, but I’ve been using Denso KJ20CR-L11, 4 for €20 on micksgarage. They won’t last as long obviously but they’re easy to change.

Cheers Colm. Its going to the dealer tomorrow to be sorted.

Apologies for hijacking your thread job seeker.

Idle speed is ok, don’t think it’s idling too low there. Shouldn’t be jumping like that.

Apologies for hijacking your thread job seeker.

No worries. :)

Idle speed is ok, don’t think it’s idling too low there. Shouldn’t be jumping like that.

Now fixed, throttle needed to be relearned with obd reader.

Not at all impressed with the honda main dealer I bought it from who couldn't fix it after me telling them what it was and a four hour round trip to them last week. :rolleyes:.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/398570-fn2-test-drive-2.html

The last post on that thread might be of interest to you Job seeker.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/398570-fn2-test-drive-2.html

The last post on that thread might be of interest to you Job seeker.

Cheers! All in good time though! SC! :)

______

Long time no chat with the updates horse! :o
    So where was I? Oh yes!

So let me take you back to 9th of February 2018! :eek:

32398166357_5afe1408c2_c.jpg

Ah here! Do not talk bull!, on Flickr

This turned out to be a flecked relay! Marked in the pic below.
    46425143455_1b78810960.jpg

Then three months back a rodent started squatting in my car. :( Had a feast on my back seat and left shortly after.

46425039135_437993a327_o.png

Got some new plates and binned the dealer plates & surrounds. Really freshen it up!

47287768132_3d4b312795.jpg

47287772222_963e1582dc.jpg

This one alloy needs a bit of a refurb! But we'll get back to them! ;)
    32398152377_3e60426221.jpg

I've more time & dolla now. Therefore, there a lot of parts waiting to be fitted.. Just need to get the finger out!

• Advertisement

Yeah man I don't frequent here that much anymore since I went to Australia.

I also sold the Civic last summer as well before I went. Took a hit on it but I sold it to a good mate so I wasn't overly bothered. Kind of miss it still but not its firm suspension :pac:

Your lucky that the little bastard left and didn't die where you wouldn't be able to find him :D

Got alloys sorted a while ago! :)

48613865092_7c25a19b43_z.jpg
    Ah here! Do not talk bull!

48613785601_c9247651ed_z.jpg

48613797026_a554faf334_z.jpg

I always thought this was a neat job! :)

I started by taking off the black panel

48660748028_7879d0441d.jpg

Removing wheel arch trim and front bumper: Pull wheel arch trip (carefully) towards you.

Remove phillips head screw located under the wheel arch trim, which hold on the bumper just below the wing and pull bumper forward!

48660692758_4a7a1c7c31.jpg

Perspex boy is held in with two 10mm bolts and four push-release clips!

48661180142_0ab92b1b88.jpg

Old and new

48661384047_c6333929a7.jpg

reinstall the black plastic!

48661179727_8419fd1414.jpg

And done! :)

Install of the new grille is literally the previous steps in reverse!

I was hoping to get it washed as well, but it rained all day unfortunately! :(

Advertisement