Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

• Registered Users Posts: 14,932 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

gunny123 wrote: »
    Answers on a postcard please. Where to buy a small amount of walnut veneer.

PM incoming;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Bloody expensive for a gardner..Hope at least he did the weeding and mowed the lawns properly for that!:pac:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Answers on a postcard please. Where to buy a small amount of walnut veneer.

What size pieces do you need , I can cut you some off a plank

Limerick well prepared to take on Islamic jihadists!!:D:D:D:D:D:D
    [We all thought they were here for the knife fighting courses:D]

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/irish-examiner/20170624/281930247985637

• Advertisement

Its ok i was given an old broken gunstock and the colour is close to my own. So its just a matter of cutting out the wood i need and gluing it to my own stock. I know someone into woodwork, so may ask him to do it for me.

The hippy-dippys and drippy liberals are in melt down over kids being allowed to use training firearms on a police indoor range in the west midlands in England. I predict Owen Jones walking out of an interview in disgust over it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-force-accused-glamorising-guns-10689635

http://news.sky.com/story/police-criticised-for-letting-schoolchildren-use-toy-guns-on-firing-range-10928420

742b3982220e6cfc557a4815814a56875e5f5c97ac9a3388fd9e8e240394db95_3987824.jpg?20170627085906

Meantime in the Middle East.......Parents dont have that problem of their kids learning how to use guns.

http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/imageedit_2755_3864845994.jpg

We are turely in deep trouble...

Would you ever feel relaxed and at ease taking one of those works of art out into the hunting field?? I wouldn't..The thought of one ding or scratch on a 30k plus gun would give me palpitations.

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Would you ever feel relaxed and at ease taking one of those works of art out into the hunting field?? I wouldn't..The thought of one ding or scratch on a 30k plus gun would give me palpitations.

I reckon most are bought as investments. Any that are used would be used from high seats or on driven shoots. But yes I would use them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

As a six-year old when I started my shooting 'career' I can only applaud the WMP and the school concerned for getting youngsters interested in how real live police use real-live guns to deadify those kind of people who so desperately yearn for it.

The more young people that I can introduce to safe shooting via our monthly guest days, the better. I start young people off on AirSoft, shooting at paper cups on sticks at 7 and 10 metres. Depending on what I have with me, that can be anything from a SIG to a full-size M249.

The moms and dads, also guests, can also get hooked on this style of backyard shooting, of course, with the UK law as it is, they can't have a 1J Airsoft gun without either joining a reenactment group, or AirSoft group, but they CAN buy a 4/5/6J pellet or BB gun that looks and feels exactly like the real thing...makes some kind of sense to somebody, I guess.

tac

Seems like a bit of common sense, rather than the ban and hope approach of the EU

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-attacks-france-arms-idUSKBN19R1HO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

What? Taking guns away from the people most likely to use them to commit atrocities? Whatever next?

Maybe a better form of application for a firearm, or a more rigorous overview of gun club membership should be applied?

It is to be noted that apart from a couple of Asian doctors, both from Pakistani backgrounds, we have NO islamics in our gun club of more than 400 members. Both of them - a husband and wife team - a members of Medécins sans Frontiéres, and are pediatricians. Not likely ISIS followers, I would have thought.

tac

In Europe anyone can end up on these lists for just about anything.Things like liking face book posts that are not of the PC mainstream, belonging to political parties that dont fit the overall picture ,belonging to idiotic groups that think all British laws are based on British admilitary laws or think that Weimar Germany is still the real Germany and insist on Its laws being the only law.

In fact anyone of us because we are gun owners and voice our dissent on occasion about our rubbish gun laws and post about it here ARE no doubt on lists in the DOJ..:)

Also,they somehow forgot to mention that this chacter was well known to the authorthies as a radical ,and somehow they didnt bother acting on him before he went off with his "arsenal" of a Glock 17 and a semi auto Chech VZ rifle.. This one is squarely on the French authorthies door.
    But they have been damn quick to ban converted semi auto belt fed machine guns of great historical value and have never been used in crime or terrorist attacks to "prevent terrorism" instead:rolleyes:

In Europe anyone can end up on these lists for just about anything.Things like liking face book posts that are not of the PC mainstream, belonging to political parties that dont fit the overall picture ,belonging to idiotic groups that think all British laws are based on British admilitary laws or think that Weimar Germany is still the real Germany and insist on Its laws being the only law.

In fact anyone of us because we are gun owners and voice our dissent on occasion about our rubbish gun laws and post about it here ARE no doubt on lists in the DOJ..:)

It seems George Orwell was right in "1984", thought control, newspeak, the whole 9-yards.

1984 and Animal farm were supposed to be satire,not feckin manuals on how to run a society.Seems too many of our politicans have held onto those two leaving cert books abit too long..

1984 and Animal farm were supposed to be satire,not feckin manuals on how to run a society.Seems too many of our politicans have held onto those two leaving cert books abit too long..

I kept those two books from school, but took great joy in ripping peig sayers load of cack to shreds and dumped it in the first bin i came to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hah. The Streisand effect in full swing. By trying to stop any mention of her she has made the story blow up.

Just as a side not what about An Gardaí if this is true? Look at what we've had in the last year alone:
    • Maurice McCabe being relentlessly victimised
    • The Commissioner under fire from the public and from some quarters of the Dail.
    • "Loosing" her phone
    • IIRC three other separate issues relating to her actions (including the promoting of her husband to Chief Super just weeks before the civilian board was due to take over that role)
    • Templemore financial scandal
    • Millions of fraudulent breath tests.
    • Gardaí including, according to the records, a Superintendent lying under oath at the Jobstown six trial (this is actually recorded and the word used is lying)

Now it seems they are continuing in their new role as enforcers for the state. Given their actions during the water meter protests, meter installations, Belmullet, evictions, etc. they are acting on behalf of companies and now it would appear TDs all the while ignoring their true roles as mandated by their oath.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Cass, Noireen didn't just lose her phone, she has lost 6 or 7 of them.
    It stinks to high heaven that (I think) 11 out of 15 official phones belonging to two highranking police officials cannot be located, and texts and calls thereon cannot be retrieved.

She's in on Thursday next in front of the PAC (her birthday!) for another session.

Last day, they couldn't lay a finger on her......

Our glorious leader is now going to be issuing weekly propaganda updates, stand by your set for further instructions.

http://www.newstalk.com/Leo-Varadkar-announces-plan-for-weekly-video-messages

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Cass wrote: »
    Look at what we've had in the last year alone:
    • Maurice McCabe being relentlessly victimised
    • The Commissioner under fire from the public and from some quarters of the Dail.
    • "Loosing" her phone
    • IIRC three other separate issues relating to her actions (including the promoting of her husband to Chief Super just weeks before the civilian board was due to take over that role)
    • Templemore financial scandal
    • Millions of fraudulent breath tests.
    • Gardancluding, according to the records, a Superintendent lying under oath at the Jobstown six trial (this is actually recorded and the word used is lying)
    There seems to be a bit more than that on the list, including:
    • The last commissioner now stands accused by several journalists and others of personally libelling McCabe as a paedophile - an accusation which would seem to imply he had knowledge of the fake Tulsa records;
    • Several, if not all of the senior management team being damned to the PAC by senior civilian Garda management (the auditors involved in the Templemore case) who said they had no confidence in them and that they had been obstructed in their audits by the senior management team;
    • Several other mobile phones (not just the current Commissioners but also her predecessor's and several of those from the senior management team) going missing;
    • A non-garda gmail account being used by the current Commissioner for sensitive emails, which not only breaks the Gardai rules on such things but also quite a few data protection rules on account of the data involved being personally sensitive stuff and being housed (because this is gmail) on servers outside the jurisdiction (meaning under different rules from the EU, which is a major no-no), and since the Gardai also manage state security, it kindof breaks common sense as well;
    • Near-comical meetings with the new Policing Authority which verged on the Commissioner telling the Authority that she didn't have a report they were obviously going to need because the dog ate it;
    • Several other whistleblowers being ill-treated in a similar manner to McCabe, if not so visibly;
    • Data protection. I mean, seriously, where do you even start? PULSE records being accessed regularly by Gardai illegally and the information being handed or sold to third parties; our FCA1s going missing and turning up dumped; PULSE data itself turning out to be erroneous, inaccurate or just plain wrong -- wholly separately from the just-plain-falsified stuff now, this is where stuff gets entered wrong because the system's so broken that a Garda can't even sit down at a terminal and enter it in, he or she has to call it down a phone line to someone else to enter it in;
    And that's off the top of my head, just the stuff I remember in three minutes from the last few weeks from court reporters and the like on the tweetingbox.

You should not be able to come up with a list that long that fast.

Something's so rotten here that I keep hearing people on both ends of the hippie-to-neocon spectrum saying that we're heading towards a PSNI situation.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Last day, they couldn't lay a finger on her......
    Were we watching different meetings? She had strips torn off her. Not as badly as the PAC did, but still.

Sparks wrote: »
    Were we watching different meetings? She had strips torn off her. Not as badly as the PAC did, but still.

Yeah, but at the end of the day, what will happen ? SFA ! We have a long list of people in Ireland involved with ; the government, the law, the gardai, the church, even sport, caught with their sticky fingers in the till, or abusing their power or being corrupt in some way.

All get off scott-free with nice fat pensions. I have given up expecting any sort of justice, once you go above a certain paygrade, you are teflon coated.

Yeah, but at the end of the day, what will happen ? SFA !
    Well, yeah, but if one meeting could throw the head of the police and state security forces out on her ear in the space of twenty minutes, I'd be more worried. Stuff like that should require some time and effort. One meeting should be serious enough to be noted, but not serious enough to fire the boss over, if you follow me.

The problem is, we're so far over to the wrong side of the pendulum swing that now you need way too much before people are fired, to the point that by the stage you have that much together, there's an election on and everything resets on you.

OTOH,it should also mean they are too busy with all this to cause us gunowners any hassle for a long time...Hopefully.

OTOH,it should also mean they are too busy with all this to cause us gunowners any hassle for a long time...Hopefully.

OR....................., "QUICK, look over there, jihadi-paddies with cz bolt actions ar-15s and evil black plastic Walther gsp Glocks", Also chuck in a bit of "public safety", "American style gun culture", "high capacity clips" and the public eye is on us and not them and their shananigans.

• Advertisement

Advertisement