Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Madden NFL Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

matthew8 wrote: »
    Wait... you and Santry away at the same time? Who will advance the league if a week finishes around that game?

I'm sure they will get someone else to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No one. The site will go into meltdown :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I am only away for four days anyway. So won't miss any games. :)

Bye weeks are awful. Mad for the week to be advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raoul wrote: »
    I am only away for four days anyway. So won't miss any games. :)

Bye weeks are awful. Mad for the week to be advanced.

Even so, if we finish a week while you're away (and we probably will) we'd be waiting for a while for an advance.

Even so, if we finish a week while you're away (and we probably will) we'd be waiting for a while for an advance.

Yeah I know, I meant from the point of view of me missing games. At most I will miss one game.

• Advertisement

I've PM'd Berty so if an advancement has to occur while Raoul is away, Berty said he'll do it. Crisis averted.

You're desperate to play as many CPU games as possible aren't you Matthew :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    You're desperate to play as many CPU games as possible aren't you Matthew :pac:

I think I can reach 100 sacks and 50 passing TDs this year with all my CPU games. Either way I won't be playing the Broncos or Bills, and I will be playing the Titans, Bengals and Buccaneers. The thing is I'm going away in August and the league could theoretically drag on for that long but I don't want it to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads any good controller deals around at the moment.
    Both of mine are fcuked now, cant take the annoyance anymore after it probably cost me a game in another franchise :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

it helps if you don't throw it against the wall when you lose :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Lads any good controller deals around at the moment.
    Both of mine are fcuked now, cant take the annoyance anymore after it probably cost me a game in another franchise :mad::mad::mad:

I got a wired one in gamestop for €20 the other day. Both my analogue sticks kept getting stuck, it's mad how much difference a decent controller makes :o

We still good for tomorrow with this controller business?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do any of you have NBA 2K12 and if so, what's the online gameplay like on it? I found 2K11's online awful, really laggy games all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Paully D wrote: »
    Do any of you have NBA 2K12 and if so, what's the online gameplay like on it? I found 2K11's online awful, really laggy games all the time.

i only played one game because i know nothing about basketball and kobe put 50 on me but i had no lag issues

nerd69 wrote: »
    i only played one game because i know nothing about basketball and kobe put 50 on me but i had no lag issues

Cheers mate. Thinking about picking the game up myself and made a post in the games forum just there to see if there's enough players about for an online franchise, would you have any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Cheers mate. Thinking about picking the game up myself and made a post in the games forum just there to see if there's enough players about for an online franchise, would you have any interest?

na im really really bad at it footballs my sport

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We still good for tomorrow with this controller business?

Yeah will pick one up today mate

adrian522 wrote: »
    it helps if you don't throw it against the wall when you lose :)
    I didn't do that! It's my niece chewing on them. On one I couldn't press the A button a few times and then when it worked and the ball was snapped I realised A wasn't working again and neither was B and on my other controller A and Lb weren't working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Have 2K12 on the PS3, online play is slick. Awesome game too!
    Didn't have too many issues with 2K11 online, though 2K12 is definitely an improvement. The online options are awesome.
    EA could learn a thing or two about online modes if they were so inclined

• Advertisement

Played 2k12 recently for the first time and I was thinking of picking it up, I'd definitely be up for an online franchise. Although when is 13 out?

Lukebray wrote: »
    Played 2k12 recently for the first time and I was thinking of picking it up, I'd definitely be up for an online franchise. Although when is 13 out?

Not 'till October usually mate. The cheapest I've seen it has been around €30 on Ebay. Surprising, as it's usually down to around €20 by this time every year.

Well the controller i got in game is $hite, its a game branded one and its worse than 2 broken ones i have!

Well the controller i got in game is $hite, its a game branded one and its worse than 2 broken ones i have!

From experience it's best to just fork out for the official Xbox ones. They're expensive, but much better IMO.

From experience it's best to just fork out for the official Xbox ones. They're expensive, but much better IMO.

Yeah i'm thinking that, the one I have feels like when i press it too hard its going to fall apart tbh

If any of you play NBA2K12 we're going to get an online franchise (with fantasy draft) started over the course of the next week. The more the merrier:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056347427&page=7

The gamestop ones are very good value, only €20. Did game not shut down?

If any of you play NBA2K12 we're going to get an online franchise (with fantasy draft) started over the course of the next week. The more the merrier:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056347427&page=7

Would love to start playing this but need to save money, couple of my mates do and have great craic playing it. Especially shouting absolute crap in faux american accents.

I'd actually sign up, but honestly with the Madden i play i'd be shot if i took up another thing!

Though I'll probably buy the new ghost recon game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Lukebray wrote: »
    The gamestop ones are very good value, only €20. Did game not shut down?

Game closed, Gamestop is still open. There are limited edition controllers coming out next week that look sweet. They also have the new Dpad which is for fighting games, if anyone plays them.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox360/Accessories/Controllers/special-edition-chrome-wireless-controller

Advertisement