Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

you should get them by the weekend. usually if there's not enough time they will only offer the "box office collection" or "ticketfast" options. usually they will also tell you to contact them by a certain date if they are not received. is this in your email from them at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Detanon

Hi, I ordered some tickets last night for a gig this saturday. I know its real late but will they come before the weekend comes? and if it doesnt can I just collect it from any box office?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Gigs & Events

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dolphie

Hi

I want to get tickets for a gig that is sold out in Manchester. Can anyone tell me if there is anything like toutless.com in the UK. Before anyone points out to me that toutless.com do have UK gigs on it's site, this particular gig is not on toutless. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For anyone interested the gig is Erick Morillo and he's playing in Sankey's Manchester.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

you could try putting a "wanted" ad up on toutless anyway just in case? can't help with your query though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dolphie

Good idea. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Try www.scarletmist.com, its the English equivalent of toutless.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

They should be there before the weekend. Usually they won't let you order for delivery if there isn't enough time to deliver them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭yahurespuestas

is there nother way to buy tickets for Avenged 7x for the 8 of nov in Dublin... i tried in ticket master but it say that there is a problem... do you know another way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

is there nother way to buy tickets for Avenged 7x for the 8 of nov in Dublin... i tried in ticket master but it say that there is a problem... do you know another way?

It's sold out, keep an eye out on Toutless or www.adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

This is going to seem like a REALLY weird question, but bear with me :D

I'm taking a couple of people to Lady Gaga at the O2 on Tuesday. I didn't book the tickets, but standing tickets were bought. Now the thing is since the tickets we bought, one of the group has had a relapse of anxiety relating to panic and sort of a slight case of agoraphobia (fear or open/crowded spaces). But he's really intent on going to this still, almost as a test.

My question is, is it possible to arrange things so that when we get there, we're in a 'less crowded' part of the standing area, and one that is closer-ish to a way out in case he were to get a panic attack? He has reassured that he thinks he will be OK, but I just want to try and get us to a spot where it wouldn't necessarily be so overwhelmingly packed and where we might be able to make an exit if needs be. I haven't been to the O2 so I'm not really sure how they are set up and if what I'm asking about is possible...

Thanks for any advice - and I told you it was a strange question! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

Standing in the O2 is a single big open area so you can stand where you like. Even at sold out gigs I've been at there was plenty of space near the back and at the sides which still allow you a decent view so I think you should be ok. However before she is on stage there will be a lot of people milling around inside so maybe try and arrive slightly later if you are worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Thanks very much for the answers! Sounds like it should be fine. We're probably going to be heading in late anyway, the opening acts apparently don't come highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

LookingFor wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the answers! Sounds like it should be fine. We're probably going to be heading in late anyway, the opening acts apparently don't come highly recommended.

By heading in late you almost ensure that you'll be stuck at the back, which in your scenario, is a good thing. There's plenty of space, but you can still see the stage perfectly so you should be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭kirstyor123

Hi All

I have just purchased tickets for me and my mam to go see westlife next April. :D
    I had to go for the seating option as i couldnt imagine my mum standing because it can get very messy down there at some gigs lol

I have always stood at concerts and am just wondering can anyone tell me is the visibility better sitting or standing ??? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

The seating in the O2 is all tiered and I think pretty much wherever you're sitting you have a good view. Much better layout than the old Point Depot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭kirstyor123

Jennyfer wrote: »
    The seating in the O2 is all tiered and I think pretty much wherever you're sitting you have a good view. Much better layout than the old Point Depot.

Thats good enough for me so :D
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sudename

My mate booked tickets to take that and ended up booking 2 pitch and 1 seated. Would it be possible to go on the pitch with a stand ticket? How strict would they be in Croke Park about this? Thanks

sudename wrote: »
    My mate booked tickets to take that and ended up booking 2 pitch and 1 seated. Would it be possible to go on the pitch with a stand ticket? How strict would they be in Croke Park about this? Thanks

Unless the people checking tickets are complete asshole and/or under very strict guidelines, they're not going to make a guy ditch his friends to sit alone. It really depends though. A way around it would be to try and send one of the lads up to the seats with the two standing tickets and bring the lad back down with the two standing tickets and then ye'll all be in standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 applesinead

Anybody know if I can book tickets on Ticketmaster using a Visa Debit Card?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PacManFan

Just wondering if anyone knows what Block A in the o2 is like. I know it's off to the side, but how bad is it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

This was from block A row 30. Sound was fine. View was grand.

blockaO2.jpg

PacManFan wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows what Block A in the o2 is like. I know it's off to the side, but how bad is it? :(

The best thing about the 02 is that no matter where you sit you get great sound and a good view..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Thinking of heading to Ross o Carroll Kelly play 2mor(Friday)but theres are the only tickets coming on ticketmaster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Please move my thread back for while i wont get many replys in here tonight:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarah9522682

im looking for places in letterkenny for a band to play! weres the best places??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Probably the Casbah.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

The casbah has been closed for years, its called tonic now. they still have music in it as far as i know

mcginleys be the best spot to play
    or try voodoo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The casbah has been closed for years

Just Googled it and was about to edit my reply! It was a cool spot - saw SLF play in there :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jerry21locke

Their is a place called McGinley's pub its a very nice place.
    You can have your band play their just have a audition to the owner.
    When i was their they were playing bluesy/rock cover.

Advertisement