Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Few bets this week.

Ryan Palmer top 20 finish 9/2

Ancer to win his 3 ball today 11/10

Hatton e/w 50/1

Woodland e/w 50/1

Matt Fitz e/w 45/1

Rory McIlroy e/w 22/1 first round leader

Best of luck

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Bryson is my big bet.
    Adam Scott at 60/1 is bananas (even though he hasnt played since restart)
    Couple of small bets on the Butterman (Im), Webb, Berger, Cantlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Went with Xander ew and also did him for R1 leader. Might back someone else on Saturday morning if he doesn’t perform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Sincere Howling Reformer

Very small glitch in the matrix, but can avail of 1stRL (early) which is a smaller field than the (late 9:12+) field.

Both parts have 5pl each, but (early) contains only 4 of the top 10WRs, including the projected #1, Rory is in there too, but runs either very hot or very cold recently.
    This may(might) somewhat imply 10/11pl for 1RL overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Alot of love for Xander. I'd have serious question marks about his mettle. Had chances before in Majors but ultimately never there at the shakeup. 4 wins in 5 years on tour.

He's the post rickie rickie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Xander 5pts ew
    Berger 3pts ew
    Matsuyama 3pts ew
    Lowry 1pt ew
    Fitzpatrick 1pt ew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

Disappointing near hit in the 3balls yesterday. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Small outright bets on Rahm, Lowry and Morikawa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Justin Rose leading after the end of r2 16/1 PP small bet

Small e/w bet on Jamie Donaldson in the English championship, 3 off the lead. Showed some form last week as well. 45/1 Betfair 5 places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Two small bets at the 36 hole stage of the USPGA
    Louis Oosthuizen at 1,000
    Cameron Smith at 1,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Sincere Howling Reformer

Two small bets at the 36 hole stage of the USPGA
    Louis Oosthuizen at 1,000
    Cameron Smith at 1,000
    Like this style of 'big numbers' approach, in a similar vain, couple of lads (both 5pl).:

Palmer (-4 yesterday) @400
    Redman, both @500

The only bonus from R1 was Xander@31 placed (1stRL), which was double the outright odds. Also have (as mentioned other day) featured using 'w/o big6': Xander Schauffele@13 (jt/koepka/rahm/rory/bryson/dj) 5pl, which is about the same price for him on today's standard outright market on 4/5pl.

3rdRL for Haotong Li 2-shot lead, looks a reasonable price even @6.5/7 4pl.
    But caution for the 5 big names breathing down his neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Shortlist is a little longer than usual for the week that is in it but with the place terms on offer i don't mind as much all ew punts 1/5 odds

Schaufelle 20/1 8 places (betway)

Dj 22/1 8 places (365)

Morikawa 30/1 10 places (boyles)

Matsuyama 40/1 8 places (365)

Oosthuizen 75/1 8 places (365)

Scheffler 90/1 10 places (pp)

Bubba 100/1 8 places (365)

Champ 150/1 8 places (365)

Van rooyen 150/1 10 places (pp)

6 of the 9 in the top 25 happy enough adding just the one in going with Matthew Wolff 100/1 5 places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

With nothing to hope for in the golf i got involved again by having a tenner ew 5 places on Li at 16/1 pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cknfriedrice1

With nothing to hope for in the golf i got involved again by having a tenner ew 5 places on Lee at 16/1 pp.

If he starts solid or even with a couple of birdies after 4 or 5 the 16’s won’t last too long. I still think Brooks wins but I have Fleetwood at 55’s for a few pound.

Still holding out for this guy
    Also on Sky Request-a-bet of Finau/Rose/Fleetwood/Souffle all top 10 for added interest (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Still holding out for this guy
    Also on Sky Request-a-bet of Finau/Rose/Fleetwood/Souffle all top 10 for added interest (hopefully)

Does the Top 10 include ties?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Does the Top 10 include ties?

Think so, not sure. For regular top 5/10 bets it says "dead heat rules may apply"

Was gonna put small outrights on Souffle and Matsuyama but I'm nearly sure either Brooks or DJ will be top dog and it's not worthwhile putting my kind of money on either of them

For regular top 5/10 bets it says "dead heat rules may apply"

Yep but the "specials" should be different, big difference if it isn't.
    Finau/Rose/Fleetwood/Souffle all top 10
    Unless the enhance is big, you will never get the benefit of the "correct odds" on these.
    The correct odds for the 4fold isn't just the top 10 odds for each as if you pick one player then that's one place gone so if Finau is player 1, then you are picking 3 to be in the top 9 as Finau takes 1 of the 10 places.
    So by the time you get to 4th player, there are 3 of 10 places gone for the bet to win and the odds on the last player should be higher as place numbers are reduced as 3 are already in the 4fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Going in on brooks now. 6/1 will back him each way. 1/5 odds for top 4. I can see a few fading away but not him. Should be a great evenings golf.

• Advertisement

unplayable wrote: »
    Going in on brooks now. 6/1 will back him each way. 1/5 odds for top 4. I can see a few fading away but not him. Should be a great evenings golf.

Where did you get the 6/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Have Morikawa backed antipost but i can't see past Koepka or DJ so took some of that 5/1 with PP for Brooks e/w

I'm nearly sure either Brooks or DJ will be top dog and it's not worthwhile putting my kind of money on either of them
    Have Morikawa backed antipost but i can't see past Koepka or DJ so took some of that 5/1 with PP for Brooks e/w

Hey we're betting buddies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Hard to believe that brooks is actually the one man going backwards.
    Great final day... no idea who gonna get the W

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Got 25/1 for Morikawa cos i used Skybet playing 11 places, seen bigger with other firms. Awful bet on Koepka, could have saved myself €50

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I’d be looking towards the big hitters here anyway. Seems to be just a driving golf course. 7200 yards isn’t that long but as a par 70 and in San Fran weather you will need to be a long hitter.

Hard not to see one of the top 20 in world and the betting not winning this.

I’d be looking at;
    Xander (good form, gets going in majors and is from torrey pines which people are comparing Harding Park to)

Brooks (it’s a major!!!))

Bryson (very obvious pick though with the course set up) hope he ain’t the winner anyway.

MoriKawa ( great ball striker, great form and local game for him)

Rahm ( Great driver of the Ball, won on torrey pines like example above and is obviously on form)

Rory just isn’t playing good enough for me to have confidence in him to do well. Obviously good course history so maybe that brings his form back.

FRL — Tony Finau and of course to then fall away

Corey connors and Jason day e/w

Now if only paddy power would let me into my account from abroad so I can make these picks and earn some money.

I’ll try to do some tips every week based on some stats and form. Thought this past week was quite obvious where the selections would be given the course and form of guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Shortlist is a little longer than usual for the week that is in it but with the place terms on offer i don't mind as much all ew punts 1/5 odds

Schaufelle 20/1 8 places (betway)

Dj 22/1 8 places (365)

Morikawa 30/1 10 places (boyles)

Matsuyama 40/1 8 places (365)

Oosthuizen 75/1 8 places (365)

Scheffler 90/1 10 places (pp)

Bubba 100/1 8 places (365)

Champ 150/1 8 places (365)

Van rooyen 150/1 10 places (pp)

Winner 3 places with dj and scheff and wolff that I added in champ and xander just short of the places. More than happy with that

Whyndham Golf B&M offers:
    PP E/W 8 Places, Money Back if you finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th (including ties) as a Free Bet Max €20.
    Boyles E/W 8 Places, Money Back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th, only for Boyle Extra card holders though Max €20.
    Ladbrokes E/W 7 places, Money Back if player misses the cut Max €20.

Got 25/1 for Morikawa cos i used Skybet playing 11 places

*does virtual elbow bump*

I got had him @ 40/1 after the first round, no idea if that was value or not...

Three of my top 10 acca came through too but sadly Fleetwood would not would not Fleetwood

• Advertisement

*does virtual elbow bump*

I got had him @ 40/1 after the first round, no idea if that was value or not...

Three of my top 10 acca came through too but sadly Fleetwood would not would not Fleetwood

As he won it, I'd say it was value all right ;).

Advertisement