Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

1264265266267268270»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 L85a3

Yep waiting on a call myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Soso123

Yep - waiting too

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Topjimmy5

Hello, just a quick question what do they test on the SMT? how long after your medical are the results? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BFast1461

Topjimmy5 wrote: »
    Hello, just a quick question what do they test on the SMT? how long after your medical are the results? thanks

A hair sample is taken.

Personal experience was a week for medical, less than two for SMT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Well done onnthe calls guys!

Can you confirm when you get the call whether you're live in 1810 or not please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ALFA21

long time lurker first time posting, roughly where are you in the merit list?, trying to figure out when i may get a call

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

ALFA21 wrote: »
    long time lurker first time posting, roughly where are you in the merit list?, trying to figure out when i may get a call

You should hear something soon 😗

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ALFA21

Also in the 1710 campaign, just patiently waiting for my phone to ringl. Congratulations on the call! hopefully wont be too far behind lol

Anyone had calls today?

I got the call!!! Late August start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Belfast123456

Soso123 wrote: »
    I got the call!!! Late August start

Congratulations!

I'm assuming you're in the 18/10 campaign?

Congratulations!

I'm assuming you're in the 18/10 campaign?

Nope - 1710 campaign, I didn’t do the 1810.

Was it a local number that called or did it start with +44 ?

Had a missed call, buts it's probably PPI claims no doubt lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Up a tree

L85a3 wrote: »
    Was it a local number that called or did it start with +44 ?

Had a missed call, buts it's probably PPI claims no doubt lol

Will be unknown/withheld

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dadbod

Quick question, probably has already been answered but are you paid for your induction day?

Dadbod wrote: »
    Quick question, probably has already been answered but are you paid for your induction day?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BFast1461

Can anyone who has received the call and induction pack send me a message with the checklist for things to bring with for induction? Seem to have destroyed my copy

BFast1461 wrote: »
    Can anyone who has received the call and induction pack send me a message with the checklist for things to bring with for induction? Seem to have destroyed my copy

Or you can just call recruitment and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jalis

Anyone out there from this campaign still waiting on a call too? My vetting took forever, had to appeal the medical and resit the PCA but better late than never lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Hi all, i’m now appointable for 1810 campaign.

Roughly how long for most between being declared appointable and receiving the call?

Getting excited now lol

Thanks!
    C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ams1707

Hi all

Likely no one on here but thought I’d message in

Currently in 1810 , passed 4 stages awaiting vetting . Seems to be a lifetime
    Nearly 5 months . Has anyone else experienced this length of time. I feel I may receive a fail or be called for interview

any help is appreciated

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

ams1707 wrote: »
    Hi all

Likely no one on here but thought I’d message in

Currently in 1810 , passed 4 stages awaiting vetting . Seems to be a lifetime
    Nearly 5 months . Has anyone else experienced this length of time. I feel I may receive a fail or be called for interview

any help is appreciated

Regards

I’m in the same boat as you know, be keen to see what the responses are

W221 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as you know, be keen to see what the responses are

Anyone any light to share on this topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

ams1707 wrote: »
    Anyone any light to share on this topic?

My vetting took ages, I couldn't actually tell you how long, it was so long I forgot about it, really the whole process.

Eventually.. I got the email.

Stay strong, I didn't bother contacting anyone. The way I figure it, they aren't going to just forget about you, must just take longer for certain applications over others.

I believe mine was 5+ months also.

Any one ever been asked for more financial info ? If so dm me

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stevob7

For those of you on here that have already been deployed in the PSNI, how do you find the job? Is it rewarding? Are there plenty of opportunities and encouragement for promotions etc? What are your serving areas like?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G18

2018 campaign here. Just a quick question. On average how long did you guys have to wait on vetting to come through and have they exhausted your merit list?

Advertisement