Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Pat,
    If the upcoming list"all about Oud" includes Indonesian Oud by ermenegildo zegna Can you stick me down for 50 ml or whatever you have please
    Gave the 10ml I have the ould road test last night as it was rather wet miserable and cold here in the west..... Christ almightly tis a performance beast! Could still smell it this morning when I got up. Plus it gets a massive thumbs from the wife ;)

Stick me down for 50ml of this Pat
    , pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I'm so easily led- can you keep me in mind for 50 ml of the zegna Indonesian too 🀫

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Had a bit of hassle with Outlook, but eventually got the new list of stuff out to previous participants this evening. Check Junk etc if you don't see it; let me know of any issues.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AiAiAi

Hi Pat,

Another new customer please put me down for the

Tom Ford - Soleil Blanc 15ml:

Cheers
    Jamie

AiAiAi wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Another new customer please put me down for the

Tom Ford - Soleil Blanc 15ml:

Cheers
    Jamie

That one is provisionally gone I'm afraid, just waiting for payment to come through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Excellent service Pat as always.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Hi Pat, I'm interested in the Indonesian oud too. Tyvm

Hi Pat, I'm interested in the Indonesian oud too. Tyvm

All gone I'm afraid....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi Pat,

Have you any Aventus left? I'll take a 50ml if so please.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

All gone I'm afraid....:(

Ok, ty. Next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Thanks for the fantastic service once again pat. The Indonesian Oud and armani arrived safe and sound The Armani prive oud royal is just a quality juice with a fantastic opening and the dry down is nice.I'll add it to the winter soldiers collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Any word on the all about oud list? :) Thanks

PopTarts wrote: »
    Any word on the all about oud list? :) Thanks

It's there alright, I just need to post it up here! Apologies for delay, was on holidays and pretty busy at work since as I'm very involved with Covid stuff...

Tomorrow with any luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Faiche Ro

Hi Pat
    New customer here - Have you any Creed Aventus left? If so can you put me down?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

My order arrived today as promised, first time I've bought from Pat. The bottles have nice labels and a spray atomiser. Everything is well wrapped up and packed, so there's no movement of the bottles in the package.

I got 2 Tom Fords, Oud Minerale and Noir de Noir, they're both unisex (I'm a woman). I'm wearing Oud Minerale today, it's a lovely, clean, fresh smell and one spray is all you need. I'll try the other tomorrow and report back.

Great service, Pat, I'll definitely be back!

Faiche Ro wrote: »
    Hi Pat
    New customer here - Have you any Creed Aventus left? If so can you put me down?

Yes, just got some in yesterday - pre reformulation batch 19Y11 too - will PM you. Good bit leaked in transport though......:(

Yes, just got some in yesterday - pre reformulation batch 19Y11 too - will PM you. Good bit leaked in transport though......:(

Soul destroying, I feel your pain pat. When my daughter was 18 months old she knocked over my 250ml flacon of tobacco Vanille all over the bathroom floor(I had it left in a stupid place) . Myself and the wife spent the next hour trying to scoup up what was left of it. Mind you that room smelled amazing for the 6 months that followed....

Soul destroying, I feel your pain pat. When my daughter was 18 months old she knocked over my 250ml flacon of tobacco Vanille all over the bathroom floor(I had it left in a stupid place) . Myself and the wife spent the next hour trying to scoup up what was left of it. Mind you that room smelled amazing for the 6 months that followed....

Oooh, nasty (and expensive)!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

Tobacco Vanille is amazing, great fragrance. MAC had a fragrance called Velvet Teddy which was similar but not as strong or long lasting, still nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Oooh, nasty (and expensive)!
    The child or the aftershave?? :D

• Advertisement

I'm wearing the Noir de Noir today. On me the patchouli is dominant from the off and I find it leans more feminine than Oud Minerale, it's also slightly powdery (but not to the extent of say Chanel no.5).

I love patchouli though and don't find this particularly sweet (I'm not a fan of sweet perfume), again it's long lasting and you don't need a lot. For me this is a night time fragrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Knightofcydonia

Hi Pat, new to this thread and concept of splits. Any chance you can put a list up of what you have available at the moment?

I defo want Creed aventus but keen to see what else you have.

Thanks

Tobacco Vanille is amazing, great fragrance. MAC had a fragrance called Velvet Teddy which was similar but not as strong or long lasting, still nice though

TV is a fantastic beast! My go to fragrance for cold winter evenings and nights out. One spray or 2 max is enough. Anymore than that and it's overkill

Hi Pat, new to this thread and concept of splits. Any chance you can put a list up of what you have available at the moment?

I defo want Creed aventus but keen to see what else you have.
    Coming right up - in the next post!

D'Agger wrote: »
    The child or the aftershave?? :D
    Both!

I'm wearing the Noir de Noir today. On me the patchouli is dominant from the off and I find it leans more feminine than Oud Minerale, it's also slightly powdery (but not to the extent of say Chanel no.5).

I love patchouli though and don't find this particularly sweet (I'm not a fan of sweet perfume), again it's long lasting and you don't need a lot. For me this is a night time fragrance.
    NdN is a slightly funny one - rose is a note which is of course normally associated with female scents but here, as in Issey Miyake Or Encens, it's dark and brooding enough to work well on a man too. Definitely a night time one. And of course, rose is extremely popular in Arabian style oud / rose combos as often worn by men.

‘All About Oud’

Oud – or agarwood – must surely be the most popular star ingredient in niche fragrances for several years now. So, here’s a list of some of the very best oud flavoured fragrances out there, as well a few other bits for the non-fans! Most of these are in hand but anything marked as an ‘Open Split’ needs to get enough people signed up to proceed to ordering. Note most of the in hand stuff will be single bottle only so be quick if after any!

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml. NB: new batch of 10ml glass bottles I've started using actually hold slightly less, about 9.6ml - apologies.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

"Open splits" need to get a minimum number of people signed up to go ahead.

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 20/8/2020:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml. Pre reformulation batch 19Y11.
    Tom Ford - Noir de Noir: dark and brooding. €41 for 20ml, €59 for 30ml, or €95 for 50ml.
    St John’s – Bay Rum: world’s best bay rum? 120ml left at €21.50 for 20ml, €30 for 30ml, or €45 for 50ml.
    Faviol Seferi - Insomnia: popular Kilian Black Phantom clone. 40ml available at €19 for 10ml or €37 for 20ml.
    Profumum Roma – Acqua E Zucchero: super sweet but light. 20ml available at €27.50 for 10ml or €51.50 for 20ml.
    Armani/Prive: Oud Royal:Top of the line oud / incense / wood from Armani’s Prive line. Very good ratings. Three 10ml (plastic) left @ €21.50 each.
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 Oud Absolu: creamy oud and myrrh. Effortlessly classy, but subtle. 30ml left @ €13.50 for 10ml, €25.50 for 20ml, or €36 for 30ml. 30ml in original 80ml bottle if wanted.
    Floris - Santal: classic sandalwood cologne. 60ml left at €13.50 for 10ml, €25.50 for 20ml, €36 for 30ml, or €51 for 50ml (in 100ml original).
    Maison Margiela – At the Barber’s: does what it says on the tin – a classic barbershop. 30ml left @ €15/10ml, €27.50/20ml or €39/30ml.
    Murdock London – Black Tea: Tea and wood. Last 20ml available at €24.50.
    Les Senteurs Gourmandes - Thé Absolu: Cedar, green tea and mint – light and unisex. €8 for 10ml.
    Burren Perfumery - Aran / Man of Aran: unisex marine / citrus with Burren herbs. €8.50 for 10ml. Last one.
    Rook - Rook: another beast from Rook, this time incense based. Last 10ml available at €24 each.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED

Royal Oud *open split*
    One of Creed’s most popular – classy and versatile. Not too much oud though…. RRP €210 / 50ml.
    €85 for 50ml.

Himalaya *open split*
    Relatively light one from Creed, with musk, sandalwood and citrus. RRP €190 / 50ml.
    €80 for 50ml.

................................................................................................................

TOM FORD
    375x500.1826.jpg

Oud Wood *open split*
    Needs no introduction – an icon! RRP €188 for 50ml.
    €41 for 20ml, €59 for 30ml or €95 for 50ml. .

................................................................................................................

AMOUAGE
    375x500.2366.jpg

Jubilation XXV *in hand*
    Arguably Amouage's most popular fragrance - with oud, blackberry, opoponox, myrrh, incense and assorted other luxury bits. Regal - smell like a king! RRP ~€250 for 50ml.
    €23.50 for 10ml, €46 for 20ml, €66.50 for 30ml, or 99.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original luxury 100ml bottle and box.

MEMO PARIS
    375x500.12139.jpg

Shams Oud *in hand*
    Highly rated oud / balsam / labdanum from pricey house Memo. RRP €185 for 75ml.
    €27 for 10ml, €52 for 20ml, €65 for 25ml or €117 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in impressive original 75ml bottle and box.

ORMONDE JAYNE
    ormonde-woman.9180.jpg

Ormonde Woman *on the way*
    My first listing from couture house Ormonde Jayne - and it's for the ladies. Swish hemlock and grass.
    €19 for 10ml, €35 for 20ml, €50 for 30ml or €87 for 60ml (note volume). 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

GUCCI
    375x500.32743.jpg

Intense Oud *in hand*
    Niche entry from designer giant Gucci, with the scent emphasis on…..well, you know! RRP €150 for 90ml.
    €20 for 10ml, €38 for 20ml, €55 for 30ml, or €82 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 90ml bottle and box.

BOUCHERON
    375x500.44717.jpg

Oud de Carthage *in hand*
    Bit of an unknown quantity from an under appreciated house – but check those reviews! Oud, incense, wood and honey. Nothing new in a way – but done very, very well.
    €16 for 10ml, €30 for 20ml, €43 for 30ml, or €78 for 75ml. 75ml portion in original 125ml bottle and box.

CHOPARD
    375x500.17184.jpg

Oud Malaki *in hand*
    Lot of cult noise about this – seriously good oud, tobacco, amber and spice.
    €17.50 for 10ml or €32.50 for 20ml

COMME DES GARCONS
    375x500.8991.jpg

Wonderwood *in hand*
    Only my second listing for cult Frenchies CdG, which is perhaps a bit surprising. Not a whole lot of oud here, but a good dash of wood, pepper, and spice.
    €15.50 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml, €41 for 30ml, or €59.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in completely impractical original 100ml bottle and box, as well as an apparently random bit of cloth.

DUNHILL
    375x500.57781.jpg

Arabian Desert *in hand*
    From Dunhill’s top end Signature Collection, this is “an exploration through the Arabian plains, abundant with fragrant spices and floral finishes”. I wrote that myself, honest.
    €16.50 for 10ml, €31.50 for 20ml, €45 for 30ml, or €67 for 50ml. 50ml portion in very nice original 100ml bottle and box.

VALENTINO
    375x500.49860.jpg

Noir Absolu: Oud Essence *in hand*
    Valentino are a brand that wouldn’t normally……be on my radar so to speak. The ridiculous bottle suggests style over substance – perhaps a generic designer? Hello no! This is actually far into niche territory and may not suit all, with its pretty hardcore oud and leather – like a second cousin of Tom Ford’s Oud Wood Intense. One for the cooler weather…..
    €14 for 10ml, €26 for 20ml, €36.50 for 30ml, or €49.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

VINCE CAMUTO
    375x500.46984.jpg

Smoked Oud *in hand*
    You know those days when you can’t decide whether to wear a smoky or oud fragrance (come on, we all get them!)? Well, here’s the answer to your problem. It’s got oud! It’s got smoke! It’s got other stuff (rose, incense, amber)! And it’s cheap! Win win all round really…..
    €12.50 for 10ml, €22.50 for 20ml, €32 for 30ml, or €43 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NdN is a slightly funny one - rose is a note which is of course normally associated with female scents but here, as in Issey Miyake Or Encens, it's dark and brooding enough to work well on a man too. Definitely a night time one. And of course, rose is extremely popular in Arabian style oud / rose combos as often worn by men.
    I just realised I made it sound very feminine! It's not, just that Oud Minerale is slightly more masculine on me and NdN more feminine. Both are lovely though and I've read that these private blends can be worn together, so that's tomorrow's experiment.

It could be 3 fragrances for the price of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi Pat

Can you put me down for the following

Oud Malaki - 20ml ( i assume bottle is gone for 50ml )
    Smoked Oud - 50ml ( in bottle if available)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Does TF Oud Wood only come in your own bottles, Pat or are you doing a split in its own packaging too?

Hi Pat

Can you put me down for the following

Oud Malaki - 20ml ( i assume bottle is gone for 50ml )
    Smoked Oud - 50ml ( in bottle if available)
    Email coming your way. Yes, Oud Malaki bottle gone.
    Passenger wrote: »
    Does TF Oud Wood only come in your own bottles, Pat or are you doing a split in its own packaging too?
    Just in my bottles as will be a 250ml split if it goes ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Hi Pat,

Stick me down for a 20ml of Oud Wood.

Advertisement