Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Partial build with no septic tank

• 06-08-2020 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm currently looking at houses at the moment. There is a house near me which is a partial built but there is no septic tank in. Will a mortgage lender give me a mortgage on a property with no septic tank? Does the seller put planning permission in for theseptic tank.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Has the planning run out or is it still valid?
    If planning has run out and no tank has been installed, in my opinion, a retain and complete application is needed.
    Selling party would really need to have this through for you.
    Typically these kind of houses are bought with cash as often will have no compliance documents and no valid planning.
    Even with planning still valid, bank will be difficult to convince re part finished house and funding the completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭13Ballymore

Yeah the planning has definitely run out. Yeah I was thinking that it will be hard to get a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yurtyaherne

Bear in mind, if the house is a one-off and you apply for permission to retain and complete, you may have to demonstrate compliance with local needs.

I have also seen an application to retain and complete a house refused recently where a house that was granted permission in 08, was partially built, permission extended in 2013 and expired in 2018, as the site is unsuitable to treat wastewater. Original application was under the older EPA Code of Practice.

Advertisement