Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playing multiple rounds over a weekend- handicap

• 05-08-2020 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Question- have 4 separate open comps booked at different clubs next week-2 of them in one day-if I get a score in first or 2nd do I need to impose a cut on myself-previous cuts I’ve had take a few days to progress on gui system I think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Question- have 4 separate open comps booked at different clubs next week-2 of them in one day-if I get a score in first or 2nd do I need to impose a cut on myself-previous cuts I’ve had take a few days to progress on gui system I think?

Yes, you should apply a cut at every point even if it's not yet up on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yep, cut yourself based on the sss of the course you played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

As above.

I remembering saying this to my partner in a Team comp against 2 other clubs. He had scored well the day before, I said to him over breakfast that he needed to cut himself. Why would I do that, that's a stupid rule he said to me. So I said no more. He found out the hard way that day.

Looking back I should have just cut him on the card myself. It was a team comp ran over 3 days. Our card was discarded which put us from being 8 ahead to 5 behind after day 1. We lost overall but would have won if he listened to me :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

etxp wrote: »
    As above.

I remembering saying this to my partner in a Team comp against 2 other clubs. He had scored well the day before, I said to him over breakfast that he needed to cut himself. Why would I do that, that's a stupid rule he said to me. So I said no more. He found out the hard way that day.

Looking back I should have just cut him on the card myself. It was a team comp ran over 3 days. Our card was discarded which put us from being 8 ahead to 5 behind after day 1. We lost overall but would have won if he listened to me :(.

Was his previous good score also part of the competition?
    If so, then he shouldnt have been cut, unless each day was strictly a separate competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

GreeBo wrote: »
    Was his previous good score also part of the competition?
    If so, then he shouldnt have been cut, unless each day was strictly a separate competition?

No it was a totally separate comp. he played a singles comp the day before the team event.

• Advertisement
Advertisement