Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think its healthy to talk about nothing except your job?

• 02-08-2020 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Title sums it up really..
    What are people's thoughts on people who have no other topic of conversation except their job? Is n't it a bit unhealthy?
    Just looking for opinions.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Not a bit unhealthy but very unhealthy its a habit i think with some people they might live really for the job and have little else happening in their lives .I know some people like that mainly men who are like that even though their jobs are fairly low key but they are often afraid to even go on a break in case they can be done without sad really .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Mod note:

OP can you please clarify if this is a personal issue for you? This forum is for advice on personal issues only. Therefore if you're looking for general discussion, I'll need to close the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Variety is the spice of life.

Might be comparable to people who just talk about their kids the whole time, or an unemployed person obsessed with politics or football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

If a person is talking about one thing all the time, I don't think it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I never get the idea where people believe that people shouldn't talk about their job. Maybe they love their work? It depends how people are talking about it. If it's like unloading on someone then that's not good but sharing what is going on then it seems fair game to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement