Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Schools in Cabinteely/Glenageary

• 19-07-2020 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

My wife and I are moving to the above área soon and have a 2 year old. We’re both baptized as Roman Catholics and our son is not baptized yet, as I want my sister to be his godmother and she hasn’t been able to come to Ireland for the past year and a half.

I see that many schools are from the Church of England. One of them, Johnstown, would be particularly attractive, as it would be a 5 minute walk from where we live. Would it be extremely difficult to get in? Have someone had a similar issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dara10

If you live in Johnstown Parish you are entitled to a place in Johnstown regardless of your religion. The same with St Brigids schools in Cabinteely parish. Both of these parishes have separate boys and girls schools. Admissions policies are on their websites. Contact the schools to apply. Johnstown boys school has a parish map on their website. If you are outside the parish you still might get a place depending on demand that year.
    Generally you need to be Protestant to get into Church of Ireland schools but Catholic schools have to take every religion and none.

Advertisement