Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sleeves on shirts too short even though shirt is correct size

Options
  • 16-07-2020 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Does anyone else get this?

I'm male. 171 cm tall, healthy weight.

If I'm picking up a shirt, I'll get a medium. The shirt fits my body perfectly but the cuffs of the sleeves are an inch or two above my wrist.

If I get a large shirt to ensure my wrists are covered, my body is swimming in the shirt.

Are my arms abnormally long for my body?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Does anyone else get this?

I'm male. 171 cm tall, healthy weight.

If I'm picking up a shirt, I'll get a medium. The shirt fits my body perfectly but the cuffs of the sleeves are an inch or two above my wrist.

If I get a large shirt to ensure my wrists are covered, my body is swimming in the shirt.

Are my arms abnormally long for my body?

Sounds like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

shirt sleeves come in various lengths. Try TM Lewin online and in many shirts you will have a option for sleeve length. I'm guessing you will need a 36" sleeve - standard is 34.5"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

re tm lewin, you select by collar and arm length, as well as fit: normal/slim/fitted/etc. also have the option to adjust arm length for €10 extra i think.

not sure if the one in grafton st is open but they will measure you up for free, and go online and order away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

not sure if the one in grafton st is open but they will measure you up for free, and go online and order away.

They closed all their retail stores as part of a CVA in the uk (like examinership here), so are now online only. Delivery takes about 5 days

Advertisement