Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid childminding / tax

• 15-06-2020 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Im just looking for some advice. I work in a Creche which has been closed since 12th March due to covid. I have been childminding 2 siblings during this time. I’ve earned less than €5000 and was paid through revolut. I’m looking to declare this income as we are hoping to apply for a mortgage soon. Is it as simple as declaring it on revenue or will there be an issue because I’m not a registered childminder? Any advice welcome, thanks.

Comments

Are you on social welfare also?
    The €350 payment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Breme08 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im just looking for some advice. I work in a Creche which has been closed since 12th March due to covid. I have been childminding 2 siblings during this time. I’ve earned less than €5000 and was paid through revolut. I’m looking to declare this income as we are hoping to apply for a mortgage soon. Is it as simple as declaring it on revenue or will there be an issue because I’m not a registered childminder? Any advice welcome, thanks.

You can register as self-employed on Revenue and then submit a tax return next year (for 2020) for your earnings childminding. To qualify for the tax relief (earnings under €15,000) you need to be notified to your local childcare committee. The CCC usually will issue you with a letter for revenue confirming that you are notified with them. This is all relevant to childminders working from their own home.

Were you minding the siblings in their own home or yours? If in their home you are an employee of the family so it’s up to them to register with revenue as your employer etc and issue payslips and work out your taxes/PRSI etc.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement