Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Why are Cage Warriors always in such a hurry to get through their fights? Literally zero wait time between bouts. A winner had only stepped out of the cage and the first fighter in the next fight is getting introduced!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Why are Cage Warriors always in such a hurry to get through their fights? Literally zero wait time between bouts. A winner had only stepped out of the cage and the first fighter in the next fight is getting introduced!

There's no crowd. UK is closing pubs, restaurants, cafes, theatres, arenas etc. They want it over and done with asap.

Ring announcer is really giving it socks tonight with nobody around to hear him.

There's no crowd. UK is closing pubs, restaurants, cafes, theatres, arenas etc. They want it over and done with asap.

Ring announcer is really giving it socks tonight with nobody around to hear him.

They do this every time though. Sometimes leaving an hour between the prelims and main card.

Their announcer is awful, always has been. Looking at his card every 2 seconds and he seems cross-eyed too.

They do this every time though. Sometimes leaving an hour between the prelims and main card.

Their announcer is awful, always has been. Looking at his card every 2 seconds and he seems cross-eyed too.

😂😂😂

Bit harsh! Not sure he can do too much about that and I wouldn't hold it against him!

Missed the Pimblett fight. I used to play minor hurling with Decky Dalton. I was 18 and he was barely 15. Even then he was known as a mad bastard who just loved fighting and he was already doing some MMA back then. Obviously tonight leagues above his level but fair play to him.

• Advertisement

😂😂😂

Bit harsh! Not sure he can do too much about that and I wouldn't hold it against him!

Ha, you are probably right. I didn't mean it in a disparaging way really. He just looks off center of camera in a weird way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Not Fight there , the last round there was barely a strike landed for the final 3 minutes. Fabinski basically held him down and did very little, gave him Enough space to get to his feet and then took him down again.

There are some good cage Warriors cards on over the next 3 days. Few Irish lads fighting today, John Mitchell and Jack Maguire from MMA Cork. Ian Garry and James Webb from Team KF Swords fight on Friday and Paul Hughes (who I think is a great prospect) from Fight Academy Ireland fights Saturday. All prelims can be watched on Cage Warriors.com and fightpass with main card available on fightpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Nice K. O there from Jake Hadley on Cage Warriers, was losing the first round when the head kick landed too. Looks like one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Impressive from Garry tonight, his movement was lovely and defense was excellent. Looks to have a very bright future

• Advertisement

Impressive from Garry tonight, his movement was lovely and defense was excellent. Looks to have a very bright future

Very composed performance alright. 3 more wins in the same manner and I see him heading to the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Been a good start for Irish mma.

Thursday
    John Mitchell very calm RNC to go 2-0
    Jack Maguire won on points

Friday
    Dean Barry gets a savage Ko win over in UAE warrior
    Ian Garry with another dominate win really think hes Irelands best chance of a world title
    Can we claim James Webb yet since he's with Team Kf? Great first round sub win

Saturday
    Kyle McClurkin and Paul Hughes in cage warriors
    Danni Nelson Frans Mlambo Richie Smullen Will Fleury in bellator

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

but1er wrote: »

Thursday

Friday
    Ian Garry with another dominate win really think hes Irelands best chance of a world title

Saturday

We've claimed Seanie Walker so might as well claim James Webb.

Actually kinda odd seeing Walker stroll along the canal - I live very close to SBG

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

MMA overload this weekend, I'm loving it. I thought Dean Barry was very lucky, his ground game needs a lot of work. But once he got it back standing he was excellent.

Ian Garry looks like he hits with devestating power. Everyone he fights gets bloodied up pretty badly.

I'm looking forward to seeing Paul Hughes tonight.

Wins so far for Smullen and Neilan

Wins so far for Smullen and Neilan

I didn't see Danni fight but Richie Smullen was pretty poor, lucky to get away with the win. It's amazing how poor his striking is.

I didn't see Danni fight but Richie Smullen was pretty poor, lucky to get away with the win. It's amazing how poor his striking is.

Fairly evenly matched, looked exhausted in the third. Denni's first two minutes were poor after that she dominated

That wasn't Paul Hughe's flashiest performance but technically he was fantastic. Dominant in every position. I definitely see a fantastic career ahead for him. 100% UFC bound.

Will flurry does what he has to do to win

4-0 in bellator big name for sbg

#IrishMMA went 9-3 this weekend.

✅ Maguire
    ❌ Mulholland
    ✅ Mitchell
    ✅ Barry
    ✅ Garry
    ❌ Hill
    ❌ McClurkin
    ✅ Neilan
    ✅ Smullen
    ✅ Mlambo
    ✅ Hughes
    ✅ Fleury

#CW114 #CW115 #CW116 #BellatorES8 #UAEWarriors13

• Advertisement

Will flurry does what he has to do to win

4-0 in bellator big name for sbg

He lost his last one in Dublin didn't he? KO'd by a young lad from MVP's gym?

Sorry, he's lost since then too. He's 4-3 in Bellator.

#IrishMMA went 9-3 this weekend.

✅ Maguire
    ❌ Mulholland
    ✅ Mitchell
    ✅ Barry
    ✅ Garry
    ❌ Hill
    ❌ McClurkin
    ✅ Neilan
    ✅ Smullen
    ✅ Mlambo
    ✅ Hughes
    ✅ Fleury

#CW114 #CW115 #CW116 #BellatorES8 #UAEWarriors13

I have to say I'm familiar with all those fighters expect Hill and McClurkin, where do they fight out off? Plus Maguire and Mulholland fought each other so that skews the stat negatively a little :) We can say Irish fighters won 9/11 fights this weekend.

Some more big SBG names fighting next weekend too, Crosbie, Moore, O'Driscoll.

Another big weekend for Sbg Ireland and Ireland in General..

The big one is James Gallagher vs Cal Ellenor. God Id love to see Gallagher lose.

You have another pound shop mcgregor fighting in Keifer Crosbie against Charlie Leary (16-11) so experiences could be a test.

Charlie ward Sinead kavanagh and Brain Moore fighting aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

God Id love to see Gallagher lose.

You have another pound shop mcgregor fighting in Keifer Crosbie against Charlie Leary (16-11) so experiences could be a test

Agreed about Gallagher, but he is making the dough so fair play if they want to pay him for fighting cans. As for Keifer. all the talk from him about being a beast, a future champ, a machine etc etc and here he is fighting another can - at his age he would want to up the level of competition.

At least with Charlie Ward he is not as full of rubbish like the other lads, he just goes in and get's knocked out or knocks out someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,020 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Agreed about Gallagher, but he is making the dough so fair play if they want to pay him for fighting cans.
    His opponent is 8-2. Seems reason for Gallagher at this stage.

Brian Moore with a great win, rough ride, knocked down then gets up to throw some bombs and win by KO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Mellor wrote: »
    His opponent is 8-2. Seems reason for Gallagher at this stage.

We actually got to fight week without any drama from Gallagher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Agreed about Gallagher, but he is making the dough so fair play if they want to pay him for fighting cans. .

Its the Conor act and acting like he's the greatest fighter to ever step into the cage that has turned people off of him. He's fighting cans, claimed he nearly quit the sport out of fear, yet acts like he's invincible without any sense of self awareness.

This Novenyi lad is something else. And still a child

• Advertisement

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Its the Conor act and acting like he's the greatest fighter to ever step into the cage that has turned people off of him. He's fighting cans, claimed he nearly quit the sport out of fear, yet acts like he's invincible without any sense of self awareness.

can you image the payday he gets with a pettis fight? he be set up for life

Advertisement