Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping eLiquid US to Ireland via An Post

• 27-06-2017 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this. An Post's Addresspal just announced they are now offering a forwarding service from the USA to Ireland from 15.99. Pretty cool I thought so I went to check the T&C's and An Post have any "Liquids (of any kind including water, alcohol, gels, creams, aftershaves and perfumes)" listed as prohibited items.

I'm looking to do my yearly order from OasisVapes (comes in right under 150 USD) but wondering will this be accepted by An Post. With AddressPal its going An Post (USA) to An Post Ireland rather than USPS (USA) to An Post (Ireland).

I ordered from Oasis April 6th last year and they shipped USPS and was received to An Post. No issues but have things changed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

I think it's the luck of the draw really. I got cologne delivered through royal mail to parcel motel in the north a few weeks ago and royal mail wont transport liquids overseas. You may be lucky, you may not.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I ordered from Oasis April 6th last year and they shipped USPS and was received to An Post. No issues but have things changed?

From Jan 1 2017 the list of Hazardous materials was expanded. That may include more stringent rules on liquids.

In the old method:
    USPS post it
    USPS send it on the plane (they're responsible)
    An Post Receive it

With Add Pal:
    USPS post it
    AnPost Receive
    AnPost send it on the plane (they're responsible)
    AnPost receive it.

AP have always been hardcore on not sending batteries etc even though the same planes bring them in to them. When they're responsible they care, when they're not its of no concern.

Unless the saving is very significant (remember with add pal you'll pay €15.99 + €10 + Vat and duty on items+shipping) I would keep the old method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

ED E wrote: »
    From Jan 1 2017 the list of Hazardous materials was expanded. That may include more stringent rules on liquids.

In the old method:
    USPS post it
    USPS send it on the plane (they're responsible)
    An Post Receive it

With Add Pal:
    USPS post it
    AnPost Receive
    AnPost send it on the plane (they're responsible)
    AnPost receive it.

AP have always been hardcore on not sending batteries etc even though the same planes bring them in to them. When they're responsible they care, when they're not its of no concern.

Unless the saving is very significant (remember with add pal you'll pay €15.99 + €10 + Vat and duty on items+shipping) I would keep the old method.

Anpost don't actually have anything to do with the transport from usa to ireland, its a third party company. Search the post code, they actually have their own website "Polar Express" . US companies shipping out are pretty lenient with liquids, most accepting them. Really addresspal restrictions should be the same as other USA parcel forwarders which all accept liquids. I think they just couldn't be bothered going into detail so just link to anposts own restrictions which are irrelevant.

Advertisement