Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Legal Highs

• 17-02-2003 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I was in a shop in Temple Bar called Cannabiz on Saturday and was looking at the Legal Highs you can buy there. They are pretty expensive so i thought i would find out about other peoples experiences. Has anyone tried any of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

No but i was just looking at this and I was very intrigued, could be the perfect solution to quitting smokes.

You can find it Here

No idea if it is actually legal or what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

hmm sugar always works for me and my friends.
    we get a fizz wizz bar (10p) a can of Spar red bear (80p)
    and 3 bags of rainbow drops (30p) each. its pretty cool....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ImpactPlayer

if you look at www.herbalhighs.com you can see all the stuff they stock. They have legal alternatives to ecstacy, speed and magic mushrooms aswell as dope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

Yes i have taken the pills in question. i wouldnt say they were worth the 12 EURO i paid for them. it feels kinda like being stoned. it lasts for about one hour and a half.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Originally posted by ImpactPlayer
    if you look at www.herbalhighs.com you can see all the stuff they stock.

Cool, I'd love to give that a try... I'd say that some of the stuff you could legally buy there would be way better than the cr*p we get in this country... If you've ever smoked in another country (even the uk), or got any 'real' imported stuff, you'll know what I mean... I would love to hear if anyone has tried any of it...
    --
    Also, if you look on www.kingbong.com you can buy actual real seeds to grow. My mum has already agreed to grow some for me in her greenhouse in a few months... (think I'm joking? i'm not... I gave her a few plants a few months ago but they died, too cold... i'm just waiting for the weather to heat up before we give it anither go... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ImpactPlayer

You can buy a herb to smoke but the dude in the shop said you have to smoke it a particular way which made me a bit skepticalas it looked like a way to cover themselves if/when it didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Salvia Detorium is the strongest known hallucinant in the world. But it only works when smoked after meditation. Their advice is the best way to simulate proper meditation without months of practice.

Have tried the legal xtc. It wasn't great... i was in a pretty manic mood that day anyway so it's hard to tell whether it kicked in or not. I do know that a friend of mine had the best trip ever on it while completely stoned.

But yeah... my advice.. sort out a good supplier and just get damned stoned dammit! Foo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by Zascar
    My mum has already agreed to grow some for me in her greenhouse in a few months... (think I'm joking? i'm not... I gave her a few plants a few months ago but they died, too cold... i'm just waiting for the weather to heat up before we give it anither go... :-)

pull the other one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

pffft...

Wahey it makes you slightly more relaxed... like tea...

Complete waste of money; you'll look silly buying legal highs, mostly because you will be silly for buying 'em. So don't tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Actually I tried the Some herbal last time i was in Holland and I thought it was great fun, but thats probably because I dont do pills and did not have high expectations.

Its a good alternative if you are considering quitting ciggarettes and or smoke

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Originally posted by Samba
    Actually I tried the Some herbal last time i was in Holland and I thought it was great fun, but thats probably because I dont do pills and did not have high expectations.

Good point mate... I don't do pills either, and i think it would make a difference... The reason I don't do them is the fear that i would like them too much, and I have seen may friends go way to far... I did try a pill once, and it did absolutely nothing to me.. i've also done coke a few times and didn't get a whole lot out of it... Its strange how drugs affect my body.

Hash as a drug completely suits me, I really love it, and if I didn't have a very mentally demanding job I'd smoke it every day, like in my student days... i don't drink very often, I don't get much out of it, but I sem to get more out of hash than anyone I know... to me it is instant happiness, thats cheap and easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Originally posted by ImpactPlayer
    You can buy a herb to smoke but the dude in the shop said you have to smoke it a particular way which made me a bit skepticalas it looked like a way to cover themselves if/when it didn't work.

probably salvia. it wont work in the slightest if smoked in a rolled cigarette. if smoked correctly you are thrown into another dimension...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

yeah, you really have to blaze that sh1t up to get anything, but when it works it's mental.

course in my day we just raided the press under the sink, mmmmmmmmm mr sheen fresh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Originally posted by fisifan01
    Yes i have taken the pills in question. i wouldnt say they were worth the 12 EURO i paid for them. it feels kinda like being stoned. it lasts for about one hour and a half.

Can you still get the greenies? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

What people seem to be talking about here is a hallucinogenic herb called Salvia Divinorum. The active compound in it is called Salvinorum A and it's metabolized very quickly so you need to get a fair whack of it into you in a short space of time for it to have the sought effect. Which means smoking a Salvia D joint will do absolutely bugger all to you, while vapourizing it (heating it in a special pipe or tinfoil and inhaling the fumes can give you hallucinations so strong your body isn't even involved. You'll have to at least smoke it in an ice bong and take about 3 big hits in a row holding in for 30 seconds (I say an ice bong because the smoke is very very hot, hotter than skunk or hash smoke and will burn your lungs if you try to take big hits). The effect is more of a mental hallucination than the likes of acid or shrooms, which operate on more of a sensory level. It's hard to explain.

I wouldn't count it as a recreational drug, more something for the experimental or philisophical types. You should never try it alone (at the heavier stages of hallucination, when your mind leaves your body, your body can wander around on its own, possibly into moving traffic, out a window, etc etc. If you're thinking of trying it, do a bit of research first.

During one of my more extreme sessions, I met someone in a desert who explained a number of things to me that had previously puzzled me, similar to one of my first trips where I began to understand how this type of hallucination worked, why my brain was being led to believe that it was in a desert and not in my living room, why it was different to other types of hallucinogenic drugs I had tried. Again, it's not easy to explain.

Edit: I dug up a post I wrote a while back on the Dam board on the subject:

Originally posted by Sico
    Dav, I had some in the gaff last time you were up, if we had been in the right mood I'd have brought it out.

The best way to take it is to vapourize the salvinorum A in the leaf - heat it (in a tin-foil tube or something), but don't burn it - breath it in deep, hold. BE CAREFUL doing it this way - you can get seriously deep trips from it, and if you don't have a 'minder' there with you you can start walking round oblivious to the world.

I smoked it in a bong - kills the lungs, but it's the most hassle-free way to get it into you quickly. The first time I didn't get to a hallucinogenic state, just the first stage - limbs got very heavy, speech slurred, coordination went out the window. Kind of like being droned.

Later on, when mike was out (he didn't want me to smoke too much in the same room, in case he got some of the effects and couldn't drive) I stuck a load of ice in the bong and took a few big hits off it (the salvinorum gets metabolized very quickly, so you need to get it all in as quickly as possible) and lay nailed to the sofa. The auld mind started wandering off, after a few minutes I had light closed-eye hallucination (patterns, not definite objects). I could feel myself right on the edge of full visual hallucination; I 'understood' how hallucination worked, how the salvinorum was affecting me, felt like I was right at the starting point of a trip. All sorts of mad **** - it's much more of a mental trip than anything else - acid, for e.g. 'feels' more visual, but salvia made me feel like I knew about the mechanics behind how my brain registered these optical patterns etc. More thought-manipulation than sense-manipulation (you'd have to get to that stage to understand what I'm talking about).

It's not a recreational drug - that was clear (I'd heard people say that before as well). It's an interesting experience, but it's not something I'd repeat regularly for kicks. But I'll get round to going through the 'full out-of-body hallucination' stage some time.

salvia is illegal in australia now. it is schedule 1 or class A (cant remember their terms) but it is in the same categorey as heroin and crack cocaine.
    they reckon it will be illegal in the US too soon.

stupid as it poses no threat to the alcohol industry as it is most certainly not a "party drug" . has to be one of the most non-addictive drugs around. scares the ****e out of most people

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Zascar
    Good point mate... I don't do pills either, and i think it would make a difference... The reason I don't do them is the fear that i would like them too much,

thats what i used to say too - and ud be right in saying that...dont touch em they really mess you up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by Tusky
    thats what i used to say too - and ud be right in saying that...dont touch em they really mess you up

your dead right drugs fukk people up, but i have to say one thing......moderation*........too much of anything is bad for you........

*i do not endorse drug taking in any means or form

Originally posted by Zaphod B
    pffft...

Wahey it makes you slightly more relaxed... like tea...

Complete waste of money; you'll look silly buying legal highs, mostly because you will be silly for buying 'em. So don't tbh.

heroin, cannabis, cocaine were all "legal highs" at one time. a lot of legal highs are bull**** but if you research properly you can get stuff legally here that is illegal in many countries. many plants are still legal since the very fact of banning them will lead to more interest in them. the governments know that many people out there have your attitude of "if its legal it must be crap" so they leave the plants alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by mooman_00
    your dead right drugs fukk people up, but i have to say one thing......moderation*........too much of anything is bad for you......

yah but i was just talking about pills there......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Can you buy salvia in places lke asha in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

be careful with those herbal ecstacy rthings its a lot safer cheaper and more fun just to take the illegal kind. trust.

asha used to sell slavia a few months back. it may be "under the counter" now. if they sold it to a kid they would be screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Here is some links and info for any one thinking of Growing Hemp in Ireland

Grow shop, Head shop in Temple Bar Dublin
    http://www.cannabizireland.com/
    hydroponics systems, Grow lights hps mh Enviro, grow mediums, rockwool, bulbs, nutrients and fertilizers, climate control devices, enhancers, cloning solutions, meters, regulators and much more...
    Ok prices friendly staff
    Open 12:00pm to 6:00 Monday to Saturday

http://www.dublinhemp.com/
    Mostly hemp food and clothing some Marijuana and pipes etc

Evergreen Hydroponics Irl 37 Stannaway rd Dublin 12 01 4921511 (no Irish web address appear to be link to http://www.evergreenhydroponics.co.uk/index3.html. I do not know much about them)

http://www.dundrumlighting.com/prod.asp?product=GRO%2DLUX+FLOURESCENT
    (Fluorescent lamps grolux lamps) this is a light shop with no interest in growing Hemp

http://www.yahooka.com/pages/Regional/Ireland/
    (good set of links for growers in Ireland)

http://www.cannabisireland.com/
    The Cannabis Ireland Alliance (Information on the Cannabis in Ireland no sales)

http://www.teagasc.ie/research/reports/crops/4487/eopr-4487.htm Irish state study on growing industrial hemp in Ireland

http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/hemp/iha/jiha5114.html

more of same above

http://www.shee-eire.com/Herbs,Trees&Fungi/Herbs/Hemp/hempfactsheet.htm

(some historical back round to hemp in Ireland)

Advertisement