Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annual Taxsaver Tickets to be extended by Six Months

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

My private bus operator is ignoring all emails for information.

They were off the road for 3 months. surely they have to give some compensation to customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Happy4all wrote: »
    My private bus operator is ignoring all emails for information.

They were off the road for 3 months. surely they have to give some compensation to customers?

I am in similar position to you where mine is refusing to give refund, however they are prepared to give extention for next year. Appears NTA rules don't apply to private operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

I've been working from home since march. My leap card runs out December 31st, I'm unsure of what to do. I think I want a refund from April until now. My HR have suggested that I cancel my card for the remaining months, but I'm reading in the T & Cs that in the event that an employee cancels their travel pass before the 12 months expiry date the transport providers will charge the full monthly price for the months that have elapsed? Has anyone else cancelled their annual leap card within the 12 month agreement and if so did you get charged.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

puma90 wrote: »
    I've been working from home since march. My leap card runs out December 31st, I'm unsure of what to do. I think I want a refund from April until now. My HR have suggested that I cancel my card for the remaining months, but I'm reading in the T & Cs that in the event that an employee cancels their travel pass before the 12 months expiry date the transport providers will charge the full monthly price for the months that have elapsed? Has anyone else cancelled their annual leap card within the 12 month agreement and if so did you get charged.

Normally these are the rules but with COVID these rules are not supposed to apply. My card runs out 31/12/20 and I've cancelled for the rest of the year via Travelhub.

HR are now working on the refund with Luas, I think they have said they will backdate to April....will get a refund for half I guess after tax....that is the plan anyway. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

I sent an email to HR last week asking them to cancel mine. It was due to expire at the end of December and I stupidly used it once or twice each month since the lockdown so I don't think the cancellation will be backdated to when I stopped using it full-time.

It might be a good idea for me to ask then to stop the cancellation if it means I'd get 6 months free next year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

billyhead wrote: »
    Sorry if it's a stupid question when collecting it on the ticket machine would you just need to scan the card and the 6 months is added?

Generally every year I have to ask them go check the balance and that updates the ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Mine expired 1 May but I have been working from home since mid-March.
    Unlikely to get much benefit from the six month extension.

Wonder if there is any chance of getting annual parking ticket refund? Irish rail car park run by Apcoa. Paid out €260 last December for 2020 parking and only got two and half months usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi folks, just wondering about my own situation. I have been working from home since March and I have the joint Bus and Luas.

My ticket runs February to February. Do I just cancel the ticket through the Travel Hub or are there any more hoops that I have to jump through ?

Thanks,
    Jimbob

Hi folks, just wondering about my own situation. I have been working from home since March and I have the joint Bus and Luas.

My ticket runs February to February. Do I just cancel the ticket through the Travel Hub or are there any more hoops that I have to jump through ?

Thanks,
    Jimbob

If you don't want a an annual travel ticket in these WFH times that is the first step.

Cancel it in travel hub then forward the confirmation to your HR as travehub will contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

If you don't want a an annual travel ticket in these WFH times that is the first step.

Cancel it in travel hub then forward the confirmation to your HR as travehub will contact them.

Perfect, thanks for that. Will get the ball rolling. Cheers !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

More infomation available here

https://www.taxsaver.ie/News/Free-Taxsaver-Extension-Customer-FAQ/
    For Dublin Bus, Go Ahead Ireland, Irish Rail and Bus Éireann customers whose ticket expired on April 30th, May 31st, June 30th or July 31st 2020, we are planning to make the new free tickets available for electronic collection by Friday 21st August 2020. The new extension ticket will run for 6 months from the expiry date of your original ticket. For example, if your original ticket expired on 30th April, your extension will be valid until 31st October.

Have to laugh at that, if you got your ticket in April and haven't used it to date you will only be getting an extension of 2 months. You'd be better applying for a full refund in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Stevek101 wrote: »
    More infomation available here

https://www.taxsaver.ie/News/Free-Taxsaver-Extension-Customer-FAQ/

Have to laugh at that, if you got your ticket in April and haven't used it to date you will only be getting an extension of 2 months. You'd be better applying for a full refund in that case.

That makes no sense at all. What are they at?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That is for people who expired and didn't renew. You haven't been paying for the months in between so why would you get a replacement for them?

L1011 wrote: »
    That is for people who expired and didn't renew. You haven't been paying for the months in between so why would you get a replacement for them?

The same could be said for people who use the card and get a full six months free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is it 6 months credit from Sept 1st or 6 months from the date your ticket expired? Mine expired on July 1st thus will the credit bring me up to Dec 31st or February 28th?

Is it 6 months credit from Sept 1st or 6 months from the date your ticket expired? Mine expired on July 1st thus will the credit bring me up to Dec 31st or February 28th?

Till Dec.

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Till Dec.

Thanks. How come I can't use it as of yet. Is it activated on September 1st. If so then it only 4 months credit.

Thanks. How come I can't use it as of yet. Is it activated on September 1st. If so then it only 4 months credit.

Tickets are supposed to be loaded by tomorrow can be collected on the app, payzone or Irish Rail/Luas ticket machine. Will just be a 6 month extension from July 1st so you should be able to use it as soon as its collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Folks, is there anybody here with private operator had any luck into getting refund.

When I scanned my annual tax saver ticket today at the reader it said a purchase was needed. It expired on July 1st. Has anyone else not had the extra 6 months loaded to their card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its expired.

If this was a bus ticket you need to get to a payzone outlet

If it was Luas/Rail you need to check at the issuing company ticket machines (if is a rail + luas add on, it will only update at Irish Rail)

Its expired.

If this was a bus ticket you need to get to a payzone outlet

If it was Luas/Rail you need to check at the issuing company ticket machines (if is a rail + luas add on, it will only update at Irish Rail)

I checked at the Irish rail ticket machine and the 6 months weren't loaded.

Bear in mind the ticket is valid from Sept 1st onward

Bear in mind the ticket is valid from Sept 1st onward

Ok. That probably explains it. I thought it would be valid from July 1st

Check the ticket at a ticket vending machine you should see the ticket on the system

You can also check at leapcard.ie

No pending action list on my card which is 31 Jan 2021 expiry

The system couldn't cope with issuing a action to every single annual ticket on the same day. Typically its 3-5 days prior to ticket start before they are pushed out

This new ticket will be made available a week before your current ticket expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Mine expired on July 1st and no sign of any new ticket added

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I was informed about week ago ticket valid from 1 Seotember and available to collect few days before that- but information above seems to contradict that?

Has anybody with an expired ticket in July had a new ticket added yet?

I was informed about week ago ticket valid from 1 Seotember and available to collect few days before that- but information above seems to contradict that?

Has anybody with an expired ticket in July had a new ticket added yet?

As above. Mine expired on July 1st and no new ticket was added.

• Advertisement

Received an email from HR today saying travelhub confirmed that if you want to cancel your card and get a refund they will backdate as far as April 2020.

Also says travelhub expect this to take several months to work through the backlog...in the meantime salary deductions will continue to be made.

Advertisement