Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

Again the tipp forwards look fragile
    Not tracking runners;

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hawkeye isn’t always great. Just like in tennis when it shows a ball in by about a poxy milimter. 99 percent of ball is out...that’s out...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Think Tipp will be reasonably happy to be only 2 points down as Wexford had them in awful bother at times.

Still not convinced by that controversial point. Very similar to Eoin Murphy against Waterford a few years ago.

Wexford certainly getting the most off this ref and it makes no sense for a Kilkenny ref to be in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

awec wrote: »
    You can’t blame the referee for that non goal. What can he do?

True but you would imagine he got the call a bit quicker than up blew up, which didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Was watching the Grand Prix but I caught the very end of the first half and it seems there will be a few talking points from this game.

• Advertisement

Think Tipp will be reasonably happy to be only 2 points down as Wexford had them in awful bother at times.

Still not convinced by that controversial point. Very similar to Eoin Murphy against Waterford a few years ago.

Wexford certainly getting the most off this ref and it makes no sense for a Kilkenny ref to be in charge.

You are spot on no way should a kk man in charge of this game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

From looking at the reply ,it looks as if Hogan ,caught the ball ,but seriously it must have been a millimetre,just over but even at that ,did it even constitute a full clearance over the bar to activate the Hawkeye sensors to allow the point,I’m more confused now tbh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cleere is out of his league here. Noel McGrath gets a yellow for a high tackle, 5 minutes later high tackle from a wexford player and nothing?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Happy4all wrote: »
    True but you would imagine he got the call a bit quicker than up blew up, which didn't help.

So you think he got the call and then decided to let the play continue on just for the sh1ts & giggles??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Whatever about the hawkeye point, there was absolutely nothing wrong with Tipps disallowed goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭threeball

Brian017 wrote: »
    RMAOK wrote: »
    They said on the commentary that Hawkeye exaggerated the flight of the ball anyways.

It shows the predicted path of the ball as if the keeper hadn't touched it

But he did touch it. No way that ball was over. He can't catch the ball with the whole thing over the bar. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Analyst was correct before the game saying it shouldn’t be a kk referee. Don’t think that has affected his decisions but it’s not a good look. Wonder if HQ foolishly assumed Limerick would win yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Why can’t they use that in-goal camera to look at the disputed point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

From looking at the reply ,it looks as if Hogan ,caught the ball ,but seriously it must have been a millimetre,just over but even at that ,did it even constitute a full clearance over the bar to activate the Hawkeye sensors to allow the point,I’m more confused now tbh!!!!

I’d say it was hogan’s hand rather than the ball that triggered it...?

The only reason Cleere is reffing today is because the authorities thought Limerick would win yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

namloc1980 wrote: »
    There is no way the ball was as far over the bar as Hawkeye suggested.

Looking at it again I don't think it crossed the crossbar at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

threeball wrote: »
    But he did touch it. No way that ball was over. He can't catch the ball with the whole thing over the bar. Not a chance.

Of course you can. How many mm is a sliotar? You can easily catch it from behind the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Analyst was correct before the game saying it shouldn’t be a kk referee. Don’t think that has affected his decisions but it’s not a good look. Wonder if HQ foolishly assumed Limerick would win yesterday?

Jesus get Brian Cody as ref and he'd do a better job than Cleere. Consistently mingles the rules whenever it suits him and does whatever he can for it to be about him. He's like Clattenburg.

citykat wrote: »
    Whatever about the hawkeye point, there was absolutely nothing wrong with Tipps disallowed goal

There was. It happened from an incorrect resumption of the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Angliru wrote: »
    It is almost like Cleere is trying to live up to his name as the worst ref in the sport.

I'd say he has a fair bit of competition for that title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Obviously the angle on TV isn't clear but it doesn't look to me that the ball cleared the bar.

Can see Tipp running out of steam with about 20 to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Joanne is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Absolutely wonderful to see Pádraic Maher done for charging / barging / over carrying.

Been getting away with it for years

To be fair he couldn't do much more with two lads hanging out of him there for that incident.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

marvin80 wrote:
    To be fair he couldn't do much more with two lads hanging out of him there for that incident.

Thought it was a free out myself.

walshb wrote: »
    There was. It happened from an incorrect resumption of the game..

The first disallowed goal ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Huge amounts of space compared to yesterday's game. Tipperary backs very open.

Had there been any clear replay of the point? Keep showing it from the pitch..

Jesus Cantwell is dire
    Youd miss lyster

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

threeball wrote: »

I think you need to go out to your local GAA pitch and try it. Of course it's possible to catch the ball when it's broken the plane of the goal line. We humans have these things called shoulders and wrists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Interesting to hear from the people on Hawkeye but I'm pretty sure that the system isn't designed for how the referee used it there on the point i.e. Goal line technology. It simply is tracking the ball flight.

Advertisement