Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ancestry.co.uk to Ancestry.com

Options
  • 20-07-2014 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone know if I can change my subscription from Ancestry.co.uk to Ancestry.com. My membership is due for renewal next week, and I only want to renew for 6 months, which Ancestry.com offers, but Ancestry.co.uk doesn't....

I'm now wondering if I can renew my membership under ancestry.com without losing my tree,etc...as I have over 2,700 people on my tree...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I think it's all the one system behind the scenes, your access to records just depends on the type of package you've paid for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If you log into Ancestry.com what upgrade options ddoes it give you? As shanew said, it's all the same backend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I think your tree remains intact and fully accessible to you regardless of whether you are currently subscribing or not.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

You can log into any of the Ancestry websites, they all have the same records anyway, but sometimes you have to log in a few times on another to get it to register, usually the only reason I have to do this is someone sends a link from ancestry.com thats when i'd need to relogin a few times to see the record....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kitchenkid

I subscribe only occasionally but have access to my tree anyway. Hermy is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 skylady

Hi
    Anyone having trouble accessing ancestry.com ...was working perfectly until this week ..keeps redirecting me to ancestry.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

Just tried it and I logged in Fine to ancestry.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Well, I just tried the .com and it offered me the .co.uk but I could then select which to use.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement