Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Angels plot glasnevin

Options
  • 16-08-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

So, a relative of mine had a baby in the nursing home in Herbert place in 1931. He died at 4 days old from cardiac failure in the home.

I have some questions that people may be able to assist me with -

Would he have been baptised in the home? (the death cert gives no first name but the birth cert does, despite both being registered on same day - different handwriting though so registered in different departments or something?)

If he was, would there have been a record of this?

We have tried in vain to locate where he was buried - definitely not in mount jerome with the rest of the family (such lovely people in that place by the way - soo helpful!!) and from what I can tell from the Glasnevin website, he's not there either. Would babies in the Angels plot have been registered?
    Any other suggestions? My mum would absolutely love to reunite that whole family in the one grave - this might be pie in the sky but we'd at least like to find his grave and mark it properly, mind it etc.

Any help, as always, gratefully appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mollymoo19

Yaya, I have a relative buried in the Angels Plot in Glasnevin. She died, aged 1 week, in 1947. Glasnevin Trust helped me locate her burial record by typing "Newborn" in the christian name slot, with her actual surname and year of birth. There was a record, similar to any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

Mollymoo19 wrote: »
    Yaya, I have a relative buried in the Angels Plot in Glasnevin. She died, aged 1 week, in 1947. Glasnevin Trust helped me locate her burial record by typing "Newborn" in the christian name slot, with her actual surname and year of birth. There was a record, similar to any others.

Mollymoo,

You're a genius!!! Found him under newborn - it says he's a female though so we'll have to correct that but I dont care - after about 5 years hunting, we found him!!

One more question for u, it says he's buried in St Patricks section - is this the Angels Plot official name?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and solving our family mystery!!

Yaya

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

Just answered my own question, thanks to a map of Glasnevin cemetery from boards.ie!!

It's a different section entirely and he's in his grave on his own. :(

Anyway, what a great day - thanks again Mollymoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mollymoo19

Yaya, I'm Delighted you found him!

Advertisement