Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annual Taxsaver Tickets to be extended by Six Months

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

just checked and I got mine back last month (hadn't even noticed at the time - they only gave me back 1 month, which was then halved by tax...)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Question on Taxsaver.
    If you have say a Luas only taxsaver do you need a seperate leap card for Dublin Bus? I use the Bus occasionally but not enough to make the combined ticket work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Gael23 wrote: »
    Question on Taxsaver.
    If you have say a Luas only taxsaver do you need a seperate leap card for Dublin Bus? I use the Bus occasionally but not enough to make the combined ticket work

No, you can load credit as usual onto your annual one. The system knows to use the annual ticket if on Luas and your top-up balance if on bus etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

mailforkev wrote: »
    No, you can load credit as usual onto your annual one. The system knows to use the annual ticket if on Luas and your top-up balance if on bus etc.

How do I go about reclaiming credit on my existing leap card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Gael23 wrote: »
    How do I go about reclaiming credit on my existing leap card?

You can request a refund of what’s left on the old card via the website. Not sure if you can transfer. Need cards to be registered for online obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jupiter90

Any advice..... I have a yearly ticket expired 31st Dec. I didn't apply for a refund because I stupidly thought I would be back in the office and could use the 6 month extension. Didn't know there was a deadline.
    Now it looks like I still wont be back to the office any time soon so the extension is useless. I'm unsure here. What do I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

Think yourself lucky. A lot of us had to go back to work during the pandemic I don't understand why you're complaining. TBH, I don't think you can reclaim now. Why don't you send a query to taxsaver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jupiter90

labrik wrote: »
    Think yourself lucky. A lot of us had to go back to work during the pandemic I don't understand why you're complaining. TBH, I don't think you can reclaim now. Why don't you send a query to taxsaver?

Are you serious? I paid €1800 for a yearly ticket for a service which I didnt use that's why I'm complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Not sure if right or wrong thread.

I never had a Taxsaver Leapcard before and I applied for one in December 2020 for this year 2021, received it but haven't used it once since.
    The money was taken - of course!

Am I to take it that there will be an extension at the end of this year for months/weeks with no travel or will it be applying at the end of year for a refund? Was the process easy for ye last year?

I've asked on Twitter, was given an email address to query but haven't heard back and its near a week.
    Thanks!

Best year ever to try one out for the first time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

If it helps... have annual rail only ticket Feb to Feb, renewed as normal 2020. Used for 1.5 months, then my employer requested I WFH till now. Applied via 'TravelHub' for a refund end August 2020 once TFI finally published a refund process. About 2 months later, the monthly salary deduction ceased. Contacted TravelHub who confirmed my refund request was with IE awaiting action. Sent IE taxsaver emails in December and 2 weeks ago for an update, but never got a response. Rang today, call directed to a different department, as Taxsaver not taking any calls. We agreed they were also not responding to emails. Was advised that as of 1 month ago, they had refunded those cancellation requests send to them in March and April 2020. They seem to be seriously behind schedule refunding customers. Nothing really we can do about this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Is it only a 6 month extension they are offering? At this stage I have been wfh for 10 months and will be most likely for another 4 or possibly more.

My only worry is that there were a few months when restrictions were eased I used it twice a week - not sure if it counts as one trip where you go and return in a day or that’s two trips.

Edit - I emailed taxsaver.ie with these questions and just got sent a link to the FAQs. Appalling customer service even if I’m just being too stupid to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Just got an email from their Credits team today that my refund has been approved and should hit my company's account tomorrow. My ticket expires at the end of this month and the last debit from my salary came out last week so maybe they're processing refunds as and when tickets expire.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Extension finally arrived today for a January ending ticket. Whatever will I spend the extra 75 quid a month on :pac:

Still works out better than a refund for me as I used the card in most of March, mid June to early August and again from December so there's only s few months of sub 10 tags, and the usual two lost

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Anyone know what the craic with the 6 month extension is? will it be extended again or should I be getting onto HR about renewing for remainder of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 facebeard

Hi,
    Hoping someone can help me with this query. I renewed my Annual Rail ticket last July as usual but never tried for the Free Extension. I am up for renewal again but was wondering if I can avail of the Extension ? according to taxsaver.ie I can, the details on how this works are unclear. Taxsaver.ie mentions "Collecting" the new ticket from Irish tail as you travel, it also mentions that the ticket will be renewed after expiry ( without details of how this happens). I don't want to not renew and then miss my renewal date or has this free extension ended since December 2020 ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

The extension was automatically added at the end of your last ticket unless you applied for a refund. Original closing date for a refund was the end of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 facebeard

Thanks Steve, My ticket renews at the end of June so I should have done this last year, Pity I missed out on a claiming back a few hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭YellowLead

facebeard wrote: »
    Thanks Steve, My ticket renews at the end of June so I should have done this last year, Pity I missed out on a claiming back a few hundred.

Me too! I’ve been paying all year and not using mine. Asked my HR to cancel it and apply for refund but nothing happened. I hope I at least get a 6 month extension for free when I return to the office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

YellowLead wrote: »
    Me too! I’ve been paying all year and not using mine. Asked my HR to cancel it and apply for refund but nothing happened. I hope I at least get a 6 month extension for free when I return to the office

Unfortunately extensions were from the end of your ticket. You had to apply for refund at the end of December if this extension wasn't used.

It wasn't really pushed that much so I'm sure many were caught out. No harm in trying your HR to see if they can get anywhere with Taxsaver.

One provider gave a good guide on this last year

https://support.hubex.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360044040071

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

HR prompted me to renew my ticket today for July onwards, so no more free extensions anyway!

Advertisement