Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hair surgery

• 25-08-2020 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

My nephew is only 30 but he’s losing hair on his forehead - he wants to get surgery or something to help the hair. Does anyone know of a good place he can go to in Ireland? He would prefer cork or galway as he lives in kerry so the nearer to home the better.
    I know there’s a lot of people doing this abroad but I know he won’t go abroad.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

My nephew is only 30 but he’s losing hair on his forehead - he wants to get surgery or something to help the hair. Does anyone know of a good place he can go to in Ireland? He would prefer cork or galway as he lives in kerry so the nearer to home the better.
    I know there’s a lot of people doing this abroad but I know he won’t go abroad.
    Thanks
    There are a couple in Dublin if he is still interested. However, is he doing anything at the minute to try and maintain the hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

There are a couple in Dublin if he is still interested. However, is he doing anything at the minute to try and maintain the hair?

Fighting a losing battle - no matter what the manufacturers of those products say. Speaking from experience!

There's two ways to go when your hair is thinning - deny it, or embrace it. Get a blade and shave it off.

However, there are other options like transplants. Saying that, if he's 30 and his hair is only starting to go, if he gets a transplant now, what happens when the rest of his hair falls out? That's why I was always hesitant about it.

There's also the option of tattooing the hairline - not something I'd want to do myself (way too late for me).

Advertisement