Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dog sh*t

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Had noticed a particularly bad patch along my regular walk route earlier in the year, despite there being two dog poo bins on either side of the road. It was a road into a housing estate with a big footfall of children going to the school nearby, and people walking to and from work/the shops. Some of the ****e was calked into the footpath the whole time too.

I took to one of the local by and sell groups on FB (that allowed off-topic discussion if required) condemning those who don't clean up after their dogs, mentioning "fur-babies" to those who are particularly precious about their pets, and it got a huge response. I noticed a gradual clean-up of the path over the next couple of weeks. I don't know whether it was guilt-trip from serial offenders, or a concerted effort from the council after an online backlash, but I was delighted with the improvement.

Even though I wouldn't be a resident of the town (living out in the sticks), it still maddened me to see it left in such a way. Such an easy thing to address too- even if picking up dog poo is a bit icky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Refusing to stop even when the dog needs a shít so it is forced to do it like a husky, on the run.

I had a dog who used to poop like that of her own choice. Funnily enough she was a Rottweiler. But on a bog standard lead, not a chain. She used to get nervous when crossing the road, start dumping and running at the same time.

We referred to it as a "shít & run".

A number of times a car came along while I was bagging a 4-part crap from one side of the road to the other. Must have thought either me or the dog was not the full shilling.

I'm convinced she wasn't mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I’ve never seen a cat take a dump on the footpath or grass verge.

Cats will still take a **** somewhere. My Dad’s garden seems to be the local spot for a couple of cats. It’s awful to clean up after.

Advertisement