Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Operation Waiting List in Public/Private Hospitals?

Options
  • 27-08-2003 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Has anyone heard how long someone has had to wait for a heart operation on either a public waiting list or on a VHI/Bupa waiting list?

I was wondering as I recently heard about someone in Northern Ireland on a waiting list for a heart operation and wondered how this compared to waiting lists here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,244 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Take a look here:

http://www.doh.ie/statistics/wlist/2003mar2.pdf

It will of course depend on condition, requirements and expection of recovery. If you are at risk of dieing in the next week and require only minor surgery, but are young, otherwise healthy and have a good chance of living you will get the surgery sooner. If you are 95 and have a long term condition and could drop off at any time, you are unlikely to be treated promptly.

I don't think there are real waiting lists in the Blockrock Clinic and the Mater Private.

Advertisement