Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

McDonalds - prices off the scale

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

AllForIt wrote: »
    I wouldn't dream of going into MCDonalds and spend anything like 10 quid on a meal. I rather spend that money on a nice juicy high quality steak form the butchers. Takes no 'cooking' as such, just throw it on a grill pan with some mushrooms/onions of whatever. It's terrible that so many ppl don't seem to realise how simple cooking can be.

I too carry around a griddle and heat source with me at all times.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

RasTa wrote: »
    Bunsen cheeseburger and hand cut fries for €10.50 can't be beaten.

Five guys is the biggest rip off I find

Hand cut fries? Do they karate chop them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭lau1247

recently went to mickey d, large wrap of the day meal is 6 quid.. quite decent to be fair.

as for the prices, they do show them on screen for what they are promoting but the rest you will need to either look for it at the wall by the counter or at the main door from what i have seen.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Over 8 euro for a large meal is overpriced in my opinion; 5 euro, 5.50 max, is all it is worth considering it isn't even that filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

AllForIt wrote:
    It's terrible that so many ppl don't seem to realise how simple cooking can be.

I'd guess that even basic cooking isn't mandatory in school. (It was where and when I went.)

I was surprised when I found out a friend of mine didn't know what it meant to preheat an oven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Over 8 euro for a large meal is overpriced in my opinion; 5 euro, 5.50 max, is all it is worth considering it isn't even that filling.

And be starving again half an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I wouldn't dream of going into MCDonalds and spend anything like 10 quid on a meal. I rather spend that money on a nice juicy high quality steak form the butchers. Takes no 'cooking' as such, just throw it on a grill pan with some mushrooms/onions of whatever. It's terrible that so many ppl don't seem to realise how simple cooking can be.

Good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Get Real

Back to my original point;

McD's has gone expensive.

Most people will order what they see on the display. The majority of food items are not being displayed.
    You have to remember what else they serve - the euro-saver menu is no longer on view.
    The way to deal with this? An old fashioned blockade, stop buying stuff. F*ckin' starve them out. They will soon get the message.
    I am not paying E8 for crap food. My weekly food budget is E20 in total.

5 Guys? Dont get me started - they deserve to go under. E15 for a fast food meal? Not in my world.

I take your point about 5 guys. It's 15 quid for burger, chips and drink. So by that logic, maccy ds is nearly half the price for the same set up.

I think a blockade is a bit extreme. You don't have to pay 8euro for their food, I meanwhile, happily will the odd time I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

scamalert wrote: »
    if op thinks mcdoanlds is expensive think he never visited burger king, two double deckers almost 12e, where in mcd i get 5 plus curly fries, no overpriced meal crap combo.

But burger king is so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

silverharp wrote: »
    8 euros would get you a helluva fillet stake and make your own delux steak sandwich or a 5 layer burger and fixins and make your own.

Are you the ghost of Marty Crane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anyone noticed this lately?

McDonalds do not display a menu price list.
    I waiting in Q, to make my choice, all I can see are a few meal combo's they want to promote. Theres no longer a menu on side wall or in front window.
    Is this not illegal?

E8.00 for a meal? What is this bullsh*t?

Served you right for eating that muck in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I waiting in Q, to make my choice, all I can see are a few meal combo's they want to promote. Theres no longer a menu on side wall or in front window.
    Is this not illegal?

Served you right for eating that muck in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's quite disturbing that ppl take their junk food so seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Is this not illegal?

Not much of a viscount if E8 is beyond you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Allinall wrote: »
    Eight Euro is feckin great value for a meal .

You can get better lunch value in at least two places in Letterkenny, both within five minutes walk of the local McDonalds.

Backstage Bar And Grill, check the brunch menu HERE

Stationhouse Hotel, check the chef's recommendations HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

McDonalds do not display a menu price list. I waiting in Q, to make my choice, all I can see are a few meal combo's they want to promote. Theres no longer a menu on side wall or in front window. Is this not illegal?

McDonalds do not display a menu price list. I waiting in Q, to make my choice, all I can see are a few meal combo's they want to promote. Theres no longer a menu on side wall or in front window. Is this not illegal?

Totally agree... Compared to UK prices alone quite expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭EdEd

I avoid McDonalds like the plague. Much nicer take away food at the local chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm living over in Manchester.

In the old chicken place you can get the equivalent of a snack box, with two hot wings, chicken tender + can +gravy for £4.50

Only main difference is the chips are more KFC then chipper but it's cheap for what you get and easy to see why they are so obese over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

frag420 wrote: »
    Should be discount aggro...

This is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Hammer89 wrote: »
    This is great.

Thanks!

I’m available for weddings, confirmations, abortions, birthdays etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That article is talking about gourmet burgers in the USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

McDonalds Eurosaver is decent value, the rest is overpriced. McDs the odd time is grand. Much nicer here than in the States, nicer again on the continent.

McDonalds coffee is fantastic for the price, very underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Heebie wrote: »
    I'd guess that even basic cooking isn't mandatory in school. (It was where and when I went.)

I was surprised when I found out a friend of mine didn't know what it meant to preheat an oven.

I chose Home Economics in secondary school in the 80's over Mechanical Drawing. It wasn't just about cooking but I was taught how to sew as well. To this day when I buy some shoddy cheap clothings and the buttons fall off I can just fix it myself rather that buying a replacement.

Cooking should be mandatory in all schools, for men and women, and I think if it was, we wouldn't have as bad an obesity crisis as we have. Because if you can cook one wouldn't settle for the muck you can get in these poisonous fast food restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I chose Home Economics in secondary school in the 80's over Mechanical Drawing. It wasn't just about cooking but I was taught how to sew as well. To this day when I buy some shoddy cheap clothings and the buttons fall off I can just fix it myself rather that buying a replacement.

Cooking should be mandatory in all schools, for men and women, and I think if it was, we wouldn't have as bad an obesity crisis as we have. Because if you can cook one wouldn't settle for the muck you can get in these poisonous fast food restaurants.

Well that's not true at all.

I took home ec, I like cooking, still love me a chipper.
    A mate of mine is a head chef in a fancy hotel. Absolutely loves a Big Mac.

Advertisement