Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Men Only...

Options
  • 01-05-2018 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭

So...
    The reason I say men only is well:- because I don't want a long winded politicians response to my post....
    Ok lets go.
    Lads if you want to make life a lot easier in the kitchen as you prepare/cook meals..
    Go get yourself a good set of extremely sharp knifes.
    I like to cook(yeah I know the cooking area could be bigger honey)and when I prepare I go fasssssssst and when I cook I go fassssssst.. For me it's like:- get the fúck out of my way type of cooking, I love it and do it with military precision(no fúcking about, get da fúck out of my way)leave the dishes alone pet I'LL DO THEM ALSO.. Sorry I've gone on a bit of a rant(deep breaths)..
    Anyway Lads get yourself a couple of very dangerous sharp knifes,.. it makes life so much easier in the kitchen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A good cook book which includes basic recipes, plus a food processor...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

RobertKK wrote: »
    A good cook book which includes basic recipes, plus a food processor...

Google that shít, the phone is there in your hand GO GO GO..
    Funk that sheeeeeet books and stuff by Mary Mc Cookingpants..
    GO GO GO

Edit: Food processor for healthy drinks when she's at weight watchers GO GO GO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

A woodsman was once asked, “What would you do if you had just five minutes to chop down a tree?” He answered, “I would spend the first two and a half minutes sharpening my axe.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

That's it exactly. A nice sharp knife. And a whet stone. And lots of fresh ingredients. Expensive, top quality, farm fresh foods. Plenty of salt. Good wines. And sharp implements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    That's it exactly. A nice sharp knife. And a whet stone. And lots of fresh ingredients. Expensive, top quality, farm fresh foods. Plenty of salt. Good wines. And sharp implements.

No wine for me.
    But am with ya ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I read the OP in the voice of Bill Burr :p

He's always on about ideas to make life easier for guys.

Sharp knives are safer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sharp knives are safer as well.

Ya call that a knife? This is a knife!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ya call that a knife? This is a knife!

That’s not a knife that’s a spoon.

That’s not a knife that’s a spoon.

I see you’ve played Knifey-Spoony before!

• Advertisement

God I’m alone...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

God I’m alone...

You'll be right, Omack

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I used to think that I was a good cook. And I was but I was also a student. So the standards I was aspiring to weren't high. They mainly involved jars of pasta sauce.

I went looking for cooking classes in Dublin last year but they're all pretty advanced. They all assume you know basic techniques. I really just wanted a beginners course that showed you all the basics of preparation and a few basic meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There is something very very satisfying about sharpening knives on a whetstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Guns for show, knives for a pro!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

OP, you made me hungry now get back into that kitchen and cook my Brunch like a good little dear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

I love having everything preped and laid out before cooking. You can focus on flipping the pan and flinging in ingredients like your a celebrity chef while screaming at all the idiot sandwichs to get the fark out ma way, **chopchopchop*whoooosh!*sizzle**

Quite right about having a sharp knife.Not only does it make things easier to cut and tidier, it helps preserve the cell walls of what you are cutting through which helps retain the flavor (think of it like slicing garlic rather than crushing it) Ive mine so sharp it could cut through the fabric of space and time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ive mine so sharp it could cut through the fabric of space and time.

Yeah you told me that tomorrow already...

Advertisement