Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

I’m not sure Ted as I didn’t have a proper card to test with on the initial flights

The gimble is definitely connected properly and firmly

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Heres some pics for you

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fZGlITf77mpGmCAa2

Are you trying it with a micro sd card?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Did you do a firmware update with the SD card? Sometimes the gimbal gets hot after doing several updates, then flying directly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Letter in post today, spare battery was hit by customs. Anyone esle get this? Ordered same time as drone from Gearbest, although a separate order.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Letter in post today, spare battery was hit by customs. Anyone esle get this? Ordered same time as drone from Gearbest, although a separate order.

I also got a letter today. Just emailed through the invoice I downloaded from gearbest which is under the liable duty.

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    Did you do a firmware update with the SD card? Sometimes the gimbal gets hot after doing several updates, then flying directly afterwards.

Yes - it’s stuck on 50% when doing the 4K RC update

Have tried manually installing 1077 using micro card and doing a few downgrades - same thing

I read online to do the upgrade with an android device which I will try shortly but I have a feeling there’s a problem with the gimble itself as I get N/A on gimble, camera and servo in the version info section

logistic wrote: »
    Heres some pics for you

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fZGlITf77mpGmCAa2

Are you trying it with a micro sd card?

Thanks - on the gimble, are there two pins each side that are elevated higher than the middle ones?

lordlame wrote:
    I read online to do the upgrade with an android device which I will try shortly but I have a feeling there’s a problem with the gimble itself as I get N/A on gimble, camera and servo in the version info section

The gimbal won't work if the update has not completed. Definitely check with an android device. I think that's your issue as the gimbal sits correctly and moves when switched on. I'm sure that's your issue

logistic wrote:
    I also got a letter today. Just emailed through the invoice I downloaded from gearbest which is under the liable duty.

Happened to me with banggood. Just the battery, they must be keeping an eye out for batteries as DJI users are experiencing the same.

Really annoying process. Once you email them the receipt it's another 2 working days after they action it.

It'll cost around 25 euro - 10 (fee), 15 (tax) - pretty annoying. If it was over 150e you have to pay duty on top. It's not the end of the world I suppose as the drones got through ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

Gearbest is where most of us got it from, and didn't get hit with customs.

Can also be got at Gearbest. Tomtop also, but I think there's a greater chance of customs. I think tedpan got one from Gearbest.

Yep. Theres a mod by using some dji signal boosters. Something like this https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopter-parts/pp_312009.html but from what I know there's none made specifically for the mi drone, so you'll have to do some modding.

I'm afraid I can't really help you with that.

Thanks buddy :)

The sale seems to have been extended, getting the jitters about pushing the button.
    Just breathe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

1. It's basically pot luck with customs, the majority of people on this thread have used Gearbest, none have had to pay any additional charges.

2. Batteries can be ordered from gearbest, tomtop, banggood etc. Although I had to pay customs on top of mine, which was about 25e. Disappointing, it was my first order from banggood, but at least it was only the duty on the battery.

3. signal - yes, videos are on YouTube

4. Unsure about SDKs and Dev. It's not something I'd be interested in, maybe have a read online..

It's been hovering around that price for a few weeks now, so wouldn't be especially worried about the flash sale..

Good luck!

Thanks tedpan,
    great thread fellas,
    I'm srsly, it was the footage wot sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Ordered drone and bag - so far only the bag has landed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Happened to me with banggood. Just the battery, they must be keeping an eye out for batteries as DJI users are experiencing the same.

Really annoying process. Once you email them the receipt it's another 2 working days after they action it.

It'll cost around 25 euro - 10 (fee), 15 (tax) - pretty annoying. If it was over 150e you have to pay duty on top. It's not the end of the world I suppose as the drones got through ok..

Ah sugar on that anyway. I've tried to download the invoice for the battery but it says 'download failed' so I've requested they send me an invoice. I haven't heard anything from customs yet but it more than likely will get stopped. As you say at least the drone got through!!

How long roughly were you waiting for your battery from Gearbest? I'm waiting just over 2 weeks now and no letter from customs yet. Mine appears to have been routed through Sweden post for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

Been reading up on this thread the last couple of days and couldn't resist anymore so ordered one this morning. Thanks for all the great info lads, especially tedpan, hopefully have this bad boy before Christmas now !

logistic wrote: »

I get a "Failed to download please try again later" when I try to download the invoice. Is it under the 'Track Your Shipment' tab on the order?

Thanks for the €€ amounts. Not too bad I guess.
    Lanshane wrote: »
    How long roughly were you waiting for your battery from Gearbest? I'm waiting just over 2 weeks now and no letter from customs yet. Mine appears to have been routed through Sweden post for some reason.

Ordered both drone and battery on 14-11-2017

I get a "Failed to download please try again later" when I try to download the invoice. Is it under the 'Track Your Shipment' tab on the order?

Did you pay with PayPal for the battery? They'll accept that receipt.
    Thanks for the €€ amounts. Not too bad I guess.

Yeah, but still pretty annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Great information here. I'm interested in buying my first drone. I was leaning towards getting the parrot bepop 2 power one. Would I better off buying this one?? My budget is about 600. Thanks

eoz wrote:
    Great information here. I'm interested in buying my first drone. I was leaning towards getting the parrot bepop 2 power one. Would I better off buying this one?? My budget is about 600. Thanks

Definitely, check out the footage on YouTube, the bebop is not in the same league. Probably the closest quad to this is a DJI P3SE.

The sub 350e price now though really makes it unbelievable value, have a read of the thread and watch some YouTube videos

Had a look at the bebop 2 power footage, actually pretty decent. I'd like to see what it's like in real life, it's a much smaller quad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

keltoms05 wrote: »
    Been reading up on this thread the last couple of days and couldn't resist anymore so ordered one this morning. Thanks for all the great info lads, especially tedpan, hopefully have this bad boy before Christmas now !

Ordered just now got it for 272 delivered :eek: says not shipping till Janaury
    hopefully it will ship sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Lanshane wrote: »
    Ah sugar on that anyway. I've tried to download the invoice for the battery but it says 'download failed' so I've requested they send me an invoice. I haven't heard anything from customs yet but it more than likely will get stopped. As you say at least the drone got through!!

As tedpan says, if you used Paypal, they'll accept that invoice. In fact, I sent them a screenshot of the purchase window in my account a couple of times, and that was accepted. All you have to do is show them how much you paid for it so they can calculate the customs.
    11James11 wrote: »

Wow! That's some price, but also some wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

whats the code please?

Think I'll order another one for spares at that price!!

Was that on gearbest? Got mine for 330 this morning on gearbest. Looks to be gone up to 570 on it now 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Do you order it with the Chinese plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

BFMJ300-50 is the code only works on the gearbest mobile site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

BFMJ300-50 is the code only works on the gearbest mobile site

Seems to be expired.

eoz wrote: »
    Do you order it with the Chinese plug?

Yeah it comes with an adaptor

• Advertisement

Did you pay with PayPal for the battery? They'll accept that receipt.

Yeah, but still pretty annoying..

€24.87 customs charge, will have it this Thursday. Pain in the $%£%

Advertisement