Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC possibly in dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I heard from someone today that it is indeed true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

http://www.ifight365.com/2008/09/ufc-set-to-announce-debut-in-dublin-with-ufc-93/

Well this could be exciting, UFC 93 in the O2 arena dublin. As far as I know this subject hasn't came up here yet has it?

It is far, far more than just a possibly. The date of Affliction 2 will have to be set in stone before this gets fully confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

great news i will def head along to this it will be a great night

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Cool - nice one. I'll go!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Im going if this is on..Cant wait to see price of octagon-side tickets..Fairly pricey..Ringside ones for $600 for UFC 90!!...and Ive seen them been sold for over a Grand on other sites for other events

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sounds good. Just disappointed that if it does happen that weekend, I defo won't make it.

Should this go ahead it is interesting to note that it will have competition the previous night somewhere, which cannot be mentioned.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Im going if this is on..Cant wait to see price of octagon-side tickets..Fairly pricey..Ringside ones for $600 for UFC 90!!...and Ive seen them been sold for over a Grand on other sites for other events

Ive been told by someone in the know that the ticket costs will very high as Ireland is very expensive for UFC to run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

"Front Row" at the o2 in London last year were £300stg, so expect them to be at least the euro equivalent of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If it ends up being true, I think I'll splash the cash and get the best seat I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Been waiting for something like this to be announced for dublin :D

Shame its also when im broke from shelling out money for three wrestling shows in the space of a month :(

whats the price ranges usually like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

When they came to Belfast for UFC 72, the cheapest seats were still like 50quid i think.... and it went up to the sort of range people have been mentioning.

So i'd imagine somewhere around 50-75 Euro would be the cheapest maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

rovert wrote: »
    And another thread goes off topic....

Tbh you did take it off topic in the first place by insulting me..

Back on subject ....

I have it on good authority that that is going to happen and its most likely Serra V Hughe's also throwing Marcus Davis in the Mix .

Back on subject ....

I have it on good authority that that is going to happen and its most likely Serra V Hughe's also throwing Marcus Davis in the Mix .

FYI I posted this last week: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57349341&postcount=2081
    Zelaznik is pretty authortive.

What about Forrest?

dango wrote: »
    I don't think there were any intended insults lads :confused:
    OT, this looks very interesting. The more details i hear about the more i'll want to go :)

Everyone Ive heard from has went to a live UFC says the atmosphere is amazing and an Irish crowd being a an Irish crowd would make this extra special. Ireland is meant to be a key market in UFC's international expansion according UFC's President of European Operations Marshall Zelaznik. UFC has major plans to break into Germany possibly having a Couture fight in the country, shame we wont get that.

FYI I posted this last week: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57349341&postcount=2081
    Zelaznik is pretty authortive.

What about Forrest?

Well i work with Marshall ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

UFC has major plans to break into Germany possibly having a Couture fight in the country, shame we wont get that.

Beggers cant be choosers :p Id be happy with GSP-Penn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Everyone Ive heard from has went to a live UFC says the atmosphere is amazing and an Irish crowd being a an Irish crowd would make this extra special. Ireland is meant to be a key market in UFC's international expansion according UFC's President of European Operations Marshall Zelaznik. UFC has major plans to break into Germany possibly having a Couture fight in the country, shame we wont get that.

Yeah i was at 72, and i'm in agreement. Even though the card wasn't great, and the non-PPV matches were superior to the main show, the atmosphere was fantastic throughout. The Irish fans went absolutely nuts for Forrest Griffin particularly.

Yeah i was at 72, and i'm in agreement. Even though the card wasn't great, and the non-PPV matches were superior to the main show, the atmosphere was fantastic throughout. The Irish fans went absolutely nuts for Forrest Griffin particularly.

A few of us from here went to it. I was lucky as i had 15 ringside seats :P
    VR even got to meet Dana White .

The memory of VR drinking Baileys from the bottle on the side of the road. :P

How did you get 15 seats! :eek: Or why even?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

Can't wait for this. I was at both London and Belfast and had great seats which costs €160 each. Howmuch will they be here?

Can't wait for this. I was at both London and Belfast were great seats were €160 each. Howmuch will they be here?

Going by what people have been saying, €50-130/140.

but your guess is as good as ours.

Just out of interest, where were you seated for those shows?

How did you get 15 seats! :eek: Or why even?

Its the perks of working in Sports TV :)

Oh and its now official

Frenklin V Henderson

Shogun V Coleman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Im so hitting this. Should be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

someone needs to change the title of this thread :D

franklin headlining the irish show again, they could have picked someone else, its a bit disappointing given that GSP was marked to headline ufc93 for a while, but i suppose beggars can't be choosers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Franklin Vs Henderson and Coleman Vs Shogun are two quality main events for a debut Irish show,

Already a better card then the belfast show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Anyone know when a definite announcement is going to be made or when tickets will go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Anyone know when a definite announcement is going to be made or when tickets will go on sale?

official announcement was made a few days ago http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=14870

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I heard he also met Joe Rogan, Bruce Buffer and Quenton Jackson amongst others as well. ;)
    The memory of VR drinking Baileys from the bottle on the side of the road. :P

You still remain partially at fault for that, had you had not been a lightweight the night before, that bottle of baileys would not have lasted until the following morning.

That said, it tasted very good coming right out of the fridge the following morning. Made for a nice healthy breakfast for the road trip ahead. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

This will be good!!!:p

Advertisement