Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Funny interview too.. It was like he'd just been woken up.. Chilled out guy.

What's happening next in heavyweight anyway? I know it's Stipe v Ngannou.. Who's Jones training for though?

Lewis vs Jones makes sense. Ngannous Vs Stipe is going to leave some injuries to both so getting Jones in there to deal with Lewis would be a great test of his chin. Would also sell massively as both are well known trash talkers in their own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Lewis vs Jones makes sense. Ngannous Vs Stipe is going to leave some injuries to both so getting Jones in there to deal with Lewis would be a great test of his chin. Would also sell massively as both are well known trash talkers in their own right.

Yeah, can't argue with that.. They need to do something with Jones pretty soon what with him doing all that bulking. Lewis seems like a perfect gatekeeper. Maybe that's even selling Lewis a bit short after seeing this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They’ve confirmed it’s Jones v The winner of Stipe/Ngannou. He sat by to bulk up properly.

Lewis firmly in the no.2 spot.
    I feel like heavyweight is interesting for the first time in a years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

The MMA gods were shining down for that KO.

Cannot stand blaydes ot his style, absolutely delighted.

Another quality Lewis interview after haha

• Advertisement

Anyone watch last night?

Don't think I'll bother unless anyone can recommend any decent fights from the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,331 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ASOT wrote:
    Anyone watch last night?
    I did, deffo watch Munhoz v Rivera. Ankalaev v Krylov, Bueno Silva Vs De La Rosa and Croom Vs Caceres were decent enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

Munhoz v Rivera was a solid fight, Moise v Hernandez was really good as well. Few other OK fights but nothing remarkable. There was enough to make the card worth watching though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Another two fights ended for fouls last night. Leon poked belals eye so bad it was bleeding. Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Surely they could design gloves to prevent eye-poking.
    It's horrible to see/watch and even worse when fights are ended as a result of this.

Dan Ige with the quickest KO ever? Right on the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

hawaii501 wrote: »
    It's horrible to see/watch and even worse when fights are ended as a result of this.

https://twitter.com/jasonthehart/status/1370942805233840131

Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

hawaii501 wrote: »

Where did the quickest Ko ever come from? DC was going on about it too. It was the first punch Ige threw, but it was after 20 seconds or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭hawaii501

derfderf wrote: »
    Where did the quickest Ko ever come from? DC was going on about it too. It was the first punch Ige threw, but it was after 20 seconds or so.

I was thinking this when watching until the replays as they were counting 4/5 seconds so i was wondering had I daydreamed the start....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

derfderf wrote: »

NO IT WASN'T the first punch he threw!

DC and bisping are such idiots between not knowing the rules and crap like this. Looking at a slow motion replay and counting the seconds, my god!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Beersmith wrote: »
    NO IT WASN'T the first punch he threw!

DC and bisping are such idiots between not knowing the rules and crap like this. Looking at a slow motion replay and counting the seconds, my god!

lol, that genuinely made me laugh when he started counting during the slow mo. i like DC, he's a good guy but that was next level stupidity. Can't stand Bisping though, and both of them together is like tweedledee and tweedledumb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

A women's BW contender collapsed at weigh-ins just now. After they revived her she attempted to weigh in again whereupon she promptly collapsed again!

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1372955348999475204

Some great fights, what a KO just now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

ASOT wrote: »
    Some great fights, what a KO just now

Very good, talk about in the nick of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Terrible main event. Holland looked clueless talking smack while being unable to do anything on bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Terrible main event. Holland looked clueless talking smack while being unable to do anything on bottom.

Imagine how anyone must feel if they had money on him.:pac:

The Holland run last year was cool, but if you look at the five dudes he defeated , bar Souza not exactly hall of famers was it? Arguably Darren Stewart was his second most impressive win and he was very unlucky that night which puts the streak in perspective.

That might have been his ceiling, skeptical he has the work ethic needed to be anything more than a fun undercard fighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

Bizaare stuff between Ruiz and Buys at the end. I know a lot of people are saying it was a terrible fight but I found it really entertaining.

Twitter comments are utter gold.
    Cheyanne Buys heard saying “I’ll follow you home bitch” to Canejo and her middle finger... I’m crying, you’re gonna follow her home and get taken down in her driveway with that same head lock
    Cheyanne Buys is gonna wake up in a cold sweat trying to fight off imaginary scarf holds for the next two years

• Registered Users Posts: 20,455 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Holland is mentally very weak

His talking while losing is to give himself the excuse that he is just having fun and to act like he doesn't care or isn't trying ,
    If you watch he does it more in fights that he is clearly going to lose ,He is afraid to look like he is actually trying because he mentally has to give himself and excuse,

He was on Rogan's podcast and after 10 minutes I turned it off, you learned exactly what you need to know ,
    He kept saying stuff like he hates 5 rounds it to tough and he doesn't like to train and he doesn't train hard Blah blah, Making excuses for it to be ok for when he losses ,

His coach the Travis Lutter ( the Jordan of BJJ haha ) kept apologising for him ,

He clearly doesn't have the mind set to be a truly top fighter ,

Holland is mentally very weak

His talking while losing is to give himself the excuse that he is just having fun and to act like he doesn't care or isn't trying ,
    If you watch he does it more in fights that he is clearly going to lose ,He is afraid to look like he is actually trying because he mentally has to give himself and excuse,

He was on Rogan's podcast and after 10 minutes I turned it off, you learned exactly what you need to know ,
    He kept saying stuff like he hates 5 rounds it to tough and he doesn't like to train and he doesn't train hard Blah blah, Making excuses for it to be ok for when he losses ,

His coach the Travis Lutter ( the Jordan of BJJ haha ) kept apologising for him ,

He clearly doesn't have the mind set to be a truly top fighter ,

All I could think was that this eejit thought he would fight adesanya.

All talk, no walk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

4.30pm kick off for today’s UFC with the main card at 8pm for anyone who was unaware.

Quite a decent card with some fun fights.

mdwexford wrote: »
    4.30pm kick off for today’s UFC with the main card at 8pm for anyone who was unaware.

Quite a decent card with some fun fights.

Really, had no idea. How come?

Really, had no idea. How come?

I think because Till was originally on the card and they were catering to the UK time zone.

Big knockout there. He is gone to another world.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Mike perry too tough for his own good

Mackenzie is the female Damian Maia.
    If you end up on the ground it is game over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

mailburner wrote: »
    Mike perry too tough for his own good

Cant believe he's still around, should've been cut

Advertisement