Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 251 - Usman vs Masvidal Sat July 11th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Yan by Sub
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Trending bigger than a mcgregor fight.. Comparable to khabib mcgregor fight according to dana

And Dana doesn't lie, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,432 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yan by KO/TKO
    Dana already mentioning Conor v Masvidal will be the biggest fight in ufc history. He's gonna blow a load if Jorge actually pulls it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Yan by Sub
    https://www.thefight-site.com/home/ufc-251-at-fight-island-the-fight-site-staff-predictions

Some interesting breakdowns and predictions on this site if anyone fancies a read before the card. Can't say I disagree too much from the consensus, but I do think Andrade will beat Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,432 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yan by KO/TKO
    Rose knows not to take the slams for granted in this one and will be doing everything to avoid the clinch imo. If she can stay on the outside, it's all here's but can still see a sneaky sub. War Rose!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It’s hard to see Usman losing at the moment but Masvidal has plenty of weapons and is a dangerous fight for anybody. Definitely the most exciting fight at 170 pounds. Really hoping Jorge can pull it off, he is capable of knocking him out but I think he will need to as it’s hard to see him out pointing Usman.
    Usman will probably be spamming takedowns. It’s a matter of whether Masvidals take down defense holds up and if he can get back to his feet if it does hit the mat. If he can he certainly has the advantage standing.

My heart wants Max to win but these immediate rematches with long reigning champions almost always go the same way as the first fight. I’d expect Max to be more aggressive from the start and Volkanovski to fight similar to the first using a lot of leg kicks. Alex to win again though and maybe Max to move to 155 permanently afterwards.

I give Aldo zero chance against Yan. He shouldn’t even have the fight in the first place. He hasn’t beaten anyone of note in a long long time. Yan is a killer, expect him to win easily inside two rounds.

Namajunas v Andrade is tough to call. Both have questions to answer after crushing title defeats. I’d favour Rose if her head is right after her family issues.

Ribas has impressed me since since joining the UFC. Moving up in weight and with Paige being tougher than a lot of people give her credit for I think Amanda wins a decision.

No major interest in any prelim fight but looking forward to watching it all live with some alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Masvidal by KO/TKO
    Would love nothing more than Street Jesus breaking Usman face with a knee! Usman is a great fighter but just I can't warm to him for some reason but think he wins on pts. He is probably top 3 p4p for me.

I think volk wins against Holloway on pts. Think this will be fight of the night.

Yan v Aldo, I think Yan takes this in the 2nd round.

Should be a great night of fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Aldo by Sub
    Want a Usman win to prevent McGregor from being gifted a title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Masvidal by KO/TKO
    Want a Usman win to prevent McGregor from being gifted a title shot.

Surely gives Nate a rematch first no?

Even though he was well beaten in previous fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

why is aldo yan a title fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

froog wrote: »
    why is aldo yan a title fight?

Henry "retired"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Still Ill wrote: »
    Henry "retired"

yeah but what about moraes or sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Aldo by KO/TKO

Probably wanted the big name in there in Aldo. Anyway do we really believe Henry won't be back to challenge the winner sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Probably wanted the big name in there in Aldo. Anyway do we really believe Henry won't be back to challenge the winner sooner or later.

Cejudo, his team and the UFC should really be hoping for an Aldo win tonight, as unlikely as it may be. That’s a massive fight to come back for, the name recognition in Aldo is still huge even if he’s past his peak, and it’ll be a nice feather in Henry’s cap, because that’s a fight he’d win pretty handily IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Yan by Sub
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Cejudo, his team and the UFC should really be hoping for an Aldo win tonight, as unlikely as it may be. That’s a massive fight to come back for, the name recognition in Aldo is still huge even if he’s past his peak, and it’ll be a nice feather in Henry’s cap, because that’s a fight he’d win pretty handily IMO.

Is he not looking the volkanovski fight?

Damn, that was a great opener!

Aldo by KO/TKO
    Tuned in 5 seconds before the K.O, just thinking 'Here we go!'.

Yan by Sub
    That mofo with a broken jaw lol, he swinging and banging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Yan by Sub
    They should have put that small cage in and not the 30ft one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

This fight is bizarre

I bet on the guy who doesn't understand the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Yan by Sub
    That mofo with a broken jaw lol, he swinging and banging.

It's been all downhill since then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Moraes fought for the title not too long ago. An
    unconvincing win over Aldo wasn't gonna get him straight back in.
    The fight should be Yan vs Sterling though.

• Advertisement

Yan by Sub
    Call that a nut shot fight!!

Aldo by KO/TKO
    Cool submission there, even cooler refereeing, Ididn't see he was out till the slow motion replay

Yan by Sub
    Marc Goddard with the performance of the night so far in those last two fights.

Nice sub by Amirkhani to be fair.

Yan by Sub
    Tut tut

https://mobile.twitter.com/YMick089/status/1282116271660609536?s=19

"The term Black Sun (German Schwarze Sonne), also referred to as the Sonnenrad (German for "Sun Wheel"), is a symbol of esoteric and occult significance. Its design is based on a sun wheel mosaic incorporated into a floor of Wewelsburg Castle during the Nazi era.”

Yan by Sub
    This crazy is gonna get himself knocked out, but it's entertaining lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Christ, that was a vicious KO! Prochazka is brilliant to watch.

Yan by Sub
    Oooohhhhh ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Great fun scrap that.

Yan by Sub
    What an unusual fighter, entertaining to watch alright. Will get KO'd BAD in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,323 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gonna give me he rest of this a miss. Bunch if fights that could all go the distance, just going in too late.
    I do fancy Usman to win by sub though.

Advertisement