Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Switch for my 6 year old? Games?

• 11-04-2021 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

My son is turning 6 next week and he wants a Switch, his friends on the street and in school have one so we're considering it. Is it suitable for him? As stores are closed, Where's the best place to buy one? And what games would you recommend? He wants Minecraft, can that be bought in a bundle? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

R11 wrote: »
    My son is turning 6 next week and he wants a Switch, his friends on the street and in school have one so we're considering it. Is it suitable for him? As stores are closed, Where's the best place to buy one? And what games would you recommend? He wants Minecraft, can that be bought in a bundle? Thanks

Smyths is probably the best bet , they're €330 for the regular one , Minecraft is only €25 , any of the Mario games but Odyssey is the best of the lot and Mario kart 8 is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭YoshiReturns

Yep, Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart are perfect for everyone, all ages. Really wonderful games.

Amazon UK might have them slightly cheaper but Smyths will get them to you sooner probably.

Odyssey is 36 quid stg right now
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MUA0D2A
    About 42 quid Vs 45 in Smyths. But double check.
    Kart seems cheaper in Smyths at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭R11

Thanks everyone. I can get it at my local Argos for €329 and curry's have minecraft for €24....though I'm not sure if Argos classify a Switch as essential for click and collect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭YoshiReturns

R11 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I can get it at my local Argos for €329 and curry's have minecraft for €24....though I'm not sure if Argos classify a Switch as essential for click and collect..

Switch is essential. :)

Anyway, rules changing tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement