03-05-2021, 20:31   #1306
One More Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
At 650,000 sq ft (think of 20 large Tescos or 60+ Lidl stores) you can expect most "sold by Amazon" goods and then a huge range of items sold by local Irish sellers.
When is this supposed to be operational?
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 06:28   #1307
Darc19

Quote:
Originally Posted by One More Toy View Post
When is this supposed to be operational?
Q2 next year. So about this time next year.
Thanks from:
05-05-2021, 17:15   #1308
Suckit

Does this look right?

Item is priced €24.02 - shipping is free but they included it, then added tax and then removed it.
So I would have thought tax or import fees should be zero, as they are below negligible amount with free shipping.

Attached Images
File Type: png Importfees.png (28.9 KB, 713 views)
05-05-2021, 17:43   #1309
The Continental Op

^^^^

Is that Amazon Prime or just free delivery over £25?
05-05-2021, 17:50   #1310
whiterebel

They still have to account for shipping.No such thing as free.
Advertisement
05-05-2021, 17:53   #1311
sugarman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental Op View Post
^^^^

Im going to guess its Amazons new promo for new accounts, free shipping on first order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckit View Post
Does this look right?

Item is priced €24.02 - shipping is free but they included it, then added tax and then removed it.
So I would have thought tax or import fees should be zero, as they are below negligible amount with free shipping.

They added £6 shipping and removed it as a promo, not the taxes.

The threshold for VAT free items is €22, not €24, hence you're being charged import fees.
05-05-2021, 18:05   #1312
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarman View Post
Im going to guess its Amazons new promo for new accounts, free shipping on first order.

They added £6 shipping and removed it as a promo, not the taxes.

The threshold for VAT free items is €22, not €24, hence you're being charged import fees.
Sorry, yes, I should have worded it better. They added €6 shipping. Then added tax on the overall price. Then removed then €6.
So the overall price is €24.02 delivered (it states free shipping, whether or not it is included on the price of the item, I don't know.)
But there should be no vat collected on €24.02 as it says here:
Quote:
Where the VAT liability on any consignment amounts to less than or equal to €6 it should not be collected
If the shipping wasn't added before the VAT then the VAT amount would be negligible.
The overall price is €24.02, that is the amount I pay, so surely I shouldn't have to pay VAT?
I was just curious more than anything, as I haven't ordered from amazonuk since Brexit.
But it looks incorrect to me.
05-05-2021, 18:06   #1313
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
Sorry, yes, I should have worded it better. They added €6 shipping. Then added tax on the overall price. Then removed then €6.
So the overall price is €24.02 delivered (it states free shipping, whether or not it is included on the price of the item, I don't know.)

If the shipping wasn't added before the VAT then the VAT amount would be negligible.
The overall price is €24.02, that is the amount I pay, so surely I shouldn't have to pay VAT?
I was just curious more than anything, as I haven't ordered from amazonuk since Brexit.
the vatable total includes the shipping. they gave you a discount of €6 but it is the actual value that is relevant.
Thanks from:
05-05-2021, 18:06   #1314
Suckit

Quote:
^^^^

Normal amazon, I haven't signed up for prime, but have the option of free 30 day trial.
Advertisement
05-05-2021, 18:08   #1315
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonotgmail View Post
the vatable total includes the shipping. they gave you a discount of €6 but it is the actual value that is relevant.
That's where I got lost a little. So the actual value of shipping is included, regardless.
That seems a bit weird (although probably correct).
If the total value of the item delivered costs me €24.02, then I would have thought that would be what I would get taxed on.

It states shipping is free
Attached Images
File Type: png amz co uk Checkout.png (56.0 KB, 208 views)
05-05-2021, 18:23   #1316
The Continental Op

Unless you are desperate for it I'd hang on there Suckit that Mango will very likely drop a few quid in price sooner or later its even been down to about a tenner (when I bought it) but that doesn't show on 3c's.com https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B073TSK26W.

Last edited by The Continental Op; 05-05-2021 at 18:56.
Thanks from:
05-05-2021, 18:44   #1317
sugarman

Quote:

Ahh I get your initial point now.

...but the VAT limit is still €22 regardless.

Anything over that and you will automatically have to pay the import fee deposit to Amazon.

If Revenue then don't charge a fee, Amazon refund the deposit.
Thanks from:
05-05-2021, 19:16   #1318
whiterebel

Quote:
The €6 minimum for collection is gone since January.
Thanks from:
05-05-2021, 19:20   #1319
corkie

@Suckit

As many of us found out in January

"Duties and taxes are calculated according to the shipping destination's customs regulations. Typically, this calculation is based on our product price and shipping, before any promotions. This allows destination country customs authorities to obtain the accurate import duties and taxes owed to them based on the actual value of the goods. For more information, go to About Customs, Duties & Taxes."
About Import Fees Deposit

Shipping is included in VAT calculations because amazon is paying it, even when discounted for you.
Only Prime actually get shipping free without it included in VAT calculations.
Thanks from:
05-05-2021, 22:20   #1320
Suckit

Quote:
Unless you are desperate for it I'd hang on there Suckit that Mango will very likely drop a few quid in price sooner or later its even been down to about a tenner (when I bought it) but that doesn't show on 3c's.com https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B073TSK26W.
Yeah thanks, that's mainly why I was querying the price. I got it for €15 delivered with code last time - the code was under the listing. So I wouldn't fancy paying around twice that for it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterebel View Post
The €6 minimum for collection is gone since January.
Thanks, hadn't realised that. Any idea why was that scrapped?
They should update the revenue.ie site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkie View Post
@Suckit
As many of us found out in January

"Duties and taxes are calculated according to the shipping destination's customs regulations. Typically, this calculation is based on our product price and shipping, before any promotions. This allows destination country customs authorities to obtain the accurate import duties and taxes owed to them based on the actual value of the goods. For more information, go to About Customs, Duties & Taxes."
About Import Fees Deposit

Shipping is included in VAT calculations because amazon is paying it, even when discounted for you.
Only Prime actually get shipping free without it included in VAT calculations.
Ah... Hadn't realised that either, so that is obviously the reason why. Nice of amazon to be so concerned about other countries taxes..

Thanks all..

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion