Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I'm looking to get a Micro SD card. 400GB's maybe. Any recommendations? Looking at Amazon and SanDisk Ultra is £52.
    Thanks

Don't think you'll do better than that mate. The Integral 512GB is £58.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sugarman wrote: »
    Maybe hold off until Black Friday in 4/5 weeks time? Memory cards and SSDs etc.. always pop up on offer.

That 400gb is the cheapest its ever been. I can't see it going too much lower. I'd bite the bullet now, unless you want to wait on the 512gb one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Black Friday deals may go very different with any import tax or what ever An Post are thinking up they're rogering people buying funko Pop vinyl from non EU sources this past year so think ahead on any potential bargain plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

sandisk 128gb is also £14.49 on offer excellent price if that will suffice for some people (games you've finished playing can always be archived to save space on the Switch)

• Advertisement

Anyone who got Overwatch from CDKeys, did you get the 3 months Nintendo Online? I only got one code, and it seems like the "physical" release comes with two codes, one for the game, and one for the online sub. I contacted CDKeys who advised that the 3 months was included in the code, and while I saw the picture of the Nintendo Online sub in the game icon when activating, I definitely didn't get the 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

chrislad wrote: »
    Anyone who got Overwatch from CDKeys, did you get the 3 months Nintendo Online? I only got one code, and it seems like the "physical" release comes with two codes, one for the game, and one for the online sub. I contacted CDKeys who advised that the 3 months was included in the code, and while I saw the picture of the Nintendo Online sub in the game icon when activating, I definitely didn't get the 3 months.
    I did, my renewal hasn't changed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Wasn't sure which thread to ask in, what's the best place to get eshop gift card for Switch? Wanted to give one to my bestie in the Netherlands as a birthday gift

Wasn't sure which thread to ask in, what's the best place to get eshop gift card for Switch? Wanted to give one to my bestie in the Netherlands as a birthday gift

eShop cards are different from region to region. It may be that because we both use euro, that the Irish card will work in Holland, but it may be better to check what accounts your friend has.

Personally, I have an Irish (Debit Card), South African (Debit Card), Russian (Debit Card), US (buy eshop cards from the likes of pcgamesupply), Mexican (again, buying eshop cards), and Japan (using PayPal with my Irish debit card)

He could have similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Where do you buy Mexican eshop cards, Chris?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

chrislad wrote: »
    eShop cards are different from region to region. It may be that because we both use euro, that the Irish card will work in Holland, but it may be better to check what accounts your friend has.

Personally, I have an Irish (Debit Card), South African (Debit Card), Russian (Debit Card), US (buy eshop cards from the likes of pcgamesupply), Mexican (again, buying eshop cards), and Japan (using PayPal with my Irish debit card)

He could have similar.

When you say you have an Irish / South African / Russian ... what do you mean? Accounts?

Is that a better approach than changing the region, and easy to setup?

Mr E wrote: »
    Where do you buy Mexican eshop cards, Chris?

Only got it from here once, but used seagm

mrcheez wrote: »
    When you say you have an Irish / South African / Russian ... what do you mean? Accounts?

Is that a better approach than changing the region, and easy to setup?

Yes, multiple accounts with their own email address.

I find it easier than changing region, as I don’t lose balances. I play all games on my main Irish account and never had a issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

They have a Dutch and Irish account, just dunno where to actually get either digitally. I only used to buy stuff for my Vita since I set it to US.

Didn't know you could change region without making new accounts for each one either :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Grabbed Bastion, Transistor and Hollow Knight.

Picked up Bastion and Transistor too. Only got around to starting BAstion last night. What a great little game. The narrating as you do stuff is brilliant. For €2.50 i'm delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Free demo of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games for anybody with a Japanese eshop account

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Looks like Amazon are matching currys uk price for the Switch Lite + Link's Awakening @ £219
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07X6ZFLLD/

How do we jump on the Colombian bandwagon? :)
    I was pricing Return of the Obra Dinn....

0cAkocJ.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

0cAkocJ.png

I bought it last night from the SA store, pretty happy with the price.
    It's a lovely game

0cAkocJ.png

Set account to Colombia and buy the game here?
    I am guessing.

It looks like it works.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41959#s2q3

The Colombia store - https://store.nintendo.co/

I used this for the address - https://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/All_countries/address/country/Colombia
    and a random number between 5-10 digits for the citizens number and got to the credt card payment. I guess Revolut or similar card would work? But I used fake info so I didn't try with any card, I may go back and try it another time.

yMDyTYY.png?1

• Advertisement

$6,400 - yikes. Their currency value is really in the toilet, isn't it? :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

$6,400 - yikes. Their currency value is really in the toilet, isn't it? :(

It's not as bad as that - the peso seems to be like the lire or the Spanish peseta were before the Euro came in, ie routinely counted in thousands. So your base unit for comparison to €1 is $1000, not $1.

Doesn't help that they use the dollar sign for their currency, though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

3dw0it.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I looked on German Amazon and looks like can get Ring Fit Adventure for €63.83 including p&p, according to the final screen before purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Suckit wrote: »
    Set account to Colombia and buy the game here?
    I am guessing.

It looks like it works.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41959#s2q3

The Colombia store - https://store.nintendo.co/

I used this for the address - https://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/All_countries/address/country/Colombia
    and a random number between 5-10 digits for the citizens number and got to the credt card payment. I guess Revolut or similar card would work? But I used fake info so I didn't try with any card, I may go back and try it another time.

yMDyTYY.png?1

This looks interesting, do you buy via a web browser and then put the code in your switch?

Or do you create another account same way as other regions ?

This looks interesting, do you buy via a web browser and then put the code in your switch?

Or do you create another account same way as other regions ?

I think you have to buy in browser.

When I was reading through yesterday, I got the impression (I could be mistaken), that they don't sell prepaid nintendo cards in Colombia (and a few other South American Countries), and use a limited eshop to purchase the code. Then use the code in the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Suckit wrote: »
    I think you have to buy in browser.

When I was reading through yesterday, I got the impression (I could be mistaken), that they don't sell prepaid nintendo cards in Colombia (and a few other South American Countries), and use a limited eshop to purchase the code. Then use the code in the console.

Thats the way I read it too, but would there be a danger the game would only be in Espanol?

Thats the way I read it too, but would there be a danger the game would only be in Espanol?

I doubt it. But not 100%.

I thought they all or most come with a choice of languages.

I am going to try it later with a revolut card.

Tried it there. No luck with Revolut.

Hubo un problema al procesar la transacción. Contacta al emisor de tu tarjeta de crédito o selecciona otro método de pago. Para obtener ayuda, visita support.nintendo.com.

There was a problem processing the transaction. Contact your credit card issuer or select another payment method. For help, visit support.nintendo.com.

But....
    I have never used the virtual card feature in Revolut.
    Maybe that would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

For Mexico eShop I set up a Mexican PayPal account linked to my AIB debit card. Wouldn't work with my Revolut.

Advertisement