Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
27-07-2019, 18:57   #2686
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,311
It's actually funny reading some of the comments on here about the "heat" and "crippling humidity"

Fret not, you will be back to 10 months of gloomy, wet, dull horrible weather before you know it.

Summer has been very nice here in Wicklow... very little rain and lots of days in the 20s.
HighLine is offline  
Advertisement
27-07-2019, 18:57   #2687
Oneiric 3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashermcguirk View Post
Phoenix Park seems to be the warmest location nearly every day this month
Dublin Apt on the other-hand has the 2nd lowest mean minima so far this July with Mt. Dillon taking the top spot in this regard.
Oneiric 3 is offline  
27-07-2019, 19:03   #2688
igCorcaigh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLine View Post
It's actually funny reading some of the comments on here about the "heat" and "crippling humidity"

Fret not, you will be back to 10 months of gloomy, wet, dull horrible weather before you know it.

Summer has been very nice here in Wicklow... very little rain and lots of days in the 20s.
Beautiful county, would love to visit again. You tend to fare not badly with the weather events either. Jammy.
igCorcaigh is offline  
Thanks from:
27-07-2019, 19:08   #2689
compsys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
Dublin Apt on the other-hand has the 2nd lowest mean minima so far this July with Mt. Dillon taking the top spot in this regard.
Yeah. I’ve never understood how a coastal station, which gets moderated by the sea breeze during the day, can get so cold at night. Its minima are way below all other coastal stations.

On clear, calm nights in particular DA is often the coldest place in the county.

I remember a few years back during an exceptionally warm June period it got down to 2 degrees I think. Seemed bizarre.
compsys is offline  
27-07-2019, 19:13   #2690
compsys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLine View Post
It's actually funny reading some of the comments on here about the "heat" and "crippling humidity"

Fret not, you will be back to 10 months of gloomy, wet, dull horrible weather before you know it.

Summer has been very nice here in Wicklow... very little rain and lots of days in the 20s.
I know. Ireland has literally one of the coolest climates in the world in summer.

Apart from Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, the Artic Ciircle and western Norway there’s nowhere cooler.

Complaining of the heat seems laughable. However everyone’s different I guess and what suits one person won’t suit another!

For me 20-25 is perfect, regardless of humidity. Humidity is only really a factor when temps actually start getting hot.
compsys is offline  
Advertisement
27-07-2019, 20:04   #2691
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by compsys View Post
Yeah. I’ve never understood how a coastal station, which gets moderated by the sea breeze during the day, can get so cold at night. Its minima are way below all other coastal stations.

On clear, calm nights in particular DA is often the coldest place in the county.

I remember a few years back during an exceptionally warm June period it got down to 2 degrees I think. Seemed bizarre.
Frost hollow
Mortelaro is offline  
27-07-2019, 20:06   #2692
ZX7R
Registered User
 
ZX7R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
You really don't turn your back on it do you?

I have an odd feeling we'll be seeing a lot of snow this coming winter, which probably means that we won't.
I've the opposite feeling, I think a very mild winter and Chasing even a bit of a frosty weather.
ZX7R is offline  
27-07-2019, 20:10   #2693
pad199207
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,539
Beautiful day in Kildare with a high of 23c
pad199207 is offline  
27-07-2019, 20:38   #2694
appledrop
Registered User
 
appledrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,328
Another lovely day in North County Dublin. July has been brilliant in Dublin. Last year the heatwave was such an exception I was dreading how we would cope with miserable summer this year. June was a right off but July has been brilliant. 20 degrees most days here + very little rain. Bliss.
appledrop is online now  
Advertisement
27-07-2019, 20:49   #2695
lawred2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 20,176
Best Saturday of the summer in Dublin? Possibly

July has been great really. Few wet days to keep the flowers alive but nothing persistent over any significant length of time
lawred2 is offline  
27-07-2019, 20:50   #2696
sryanbruen
Registered User
 
sryanbruen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawred2 View Post
Best Saturday of the summer in Dublin? Possibly
That sunset on Saturday 13th was so good that I might have to say 2nd best.
sryanbruen is offline  
(2) thanks from:
27-07-2019, 21:20   #2697
nacho libre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
You really don't turn your back on it do you?

I have an odd feeling we'll be seeing a lot of snow this coming winter, which probably means that we won't.
I hope you're right. I remember when Sryan turned his back on snow in winter 2018, then look what happened So Sryan do the same this year. But seriously i feel by the time the winter comes the blocking will be gone. As you have mentioned before we can't get proper northerlies anymore, so it's that bit harder for us to tap into a cold enough source.
nacho libre is offline  
(3) thanks from:
27-07-2019, 21:29   #2698
SeaBreezes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,458
Already talking about winter :-) I note this year records being broken both for heat and cold this summer. Extremes seem to be the norm. the Netherlands had the coldest recording in July ever followed by the warmest ever? Fascinating stuff! Is this what happens for Solar min?
SeaBreezes is offline  
Thanks from:
27-07-2019, 21:54   #2699
sryanbruen
Registered User
 
sryanbruen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho libre View Post
I hope you're right. I remember when Sryan turned his back on snow in winter 2018, then look what happened So Sryan do the same this year. But seriously i feel by the time the winter comes the blocking will be gone. As you have mentioned before we can't get proper northerlies anymore, so it's that bit harder for us to tap into a cold enough source.
Go on nacho libre, be negative! I was fine this winter with my mountains trip on 2 February (best snow day I had in 9 years) and the ninja wet snow on 3 March so not much complaints from me even if it was disappointing to the forecasts. I will not say anything more on winter for now. Give me a classic August first thanks.

Last edited by sryanbruen; 27-07-2019 at 21:58.
sryanbruen is offline  
(3) thanks from:
27-07-2019, 22:15   #2700
mickger844posts
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,230
For me its been a well above average Summer so far especially if you discount the first 3 weeks in June which were cold. Since the 24th of June we have had at least a Max Temp of 19c in Waterford with 25 days with 21c or above. Just 18mm of rain in July. Plenty of beach days so give me that every year and i'd be happy.
mickger844posts is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet