01-04-2019, 09:56   #16
EoinMcLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor DooM View Post
Oh cool is that S.T.R.I.P.E in the background?
Yep, looks like he is going to be huge.
Advertisement
02-04-2019, 11:53   #17
pixelburp

That's definitely a superhero costume!
02-04-2019, 11:56   #18
EoinMcLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelburp View Post
That's definitely a superhero costume!
At least it's better than the ones from Smallville and more recently, Legends of Tomorrow
02-04-2019, 12:01   #19
pixelburp

Oh god, she looks so miserable in that right-hand shot; like her partner persuaded her to dress up for Halloween, and got snapped at the party

I know Titans wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but so far the DC Universe material has stayed very true to their comics origins - though a pet quibble is the insistence on those 'floating' eye masks. The CW do it a lot too and it always irritates me more than it rationally should. What's keeping the masks on their faces!
02-04-2019, 12:33   #20
Doctor DooM

Star Girl kinda HAS to look corny though. She is the new Star Spangled Kid, after all. Star Girl is a later thing (when Jack Knight gives her the cosmic rod. I suppose there's no chance of seeing him in the series, instant mark out from me if so, but James Robinson has his IP under lock so not likely).

Cool chance to deep dive into the JSA if they wanted to there.
Advertisement
02-04-2019, 13:59   #21
the baby bull elephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelburp View Post
Oh god, she looks so miserable in that right-hand shot; like her partner persuaded her to dress up for Halloween, and got snapped at the party

I know Titans wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but so far the DC Universe material has stayed very true to their comics origins - though a pet quibble is the insistence on those 'floating' eye masks. The CW do it a lot too and it always irritates me more than it rationally should. What's keeping the masks on their faces!
In universe for the Arrowverse at least doesn't Barry create some special adhesive for Oliver when he first meets him?
07-04-2019, 22:48   #22
Slydice

Just finished Titans!

Have you finished Titans?

Why are you reading this post?!?!

GO FINISH TITANS!

TITANS!
11-04-2019, 20:02   #23
The White Wolf

https://deadline.com/2019/04/batman-...se-1202593583/

Damn, that's going to be fascinating. Wasn't move too badly for an oul lad in Titans season 1.
Thanks from:
17-04-2019, 18:19   #24
Agent Coulson

Production on ‘Swamp Thing’ Abruptly Halted as Future of DC Universe Cast into Doubt

Quote:
The DC Universe series have been chugging along with shows like Titans and Doom Patrol, but production upheaval on the set of Swamp Thing may mean some major changes for the streaming service. A local outlet in North Carolina [via The Playlist], where the show is filming, reports that production was suddenly halted after only 10 episodes. The plan is now to re-write the final episode to provide a satisfying conclusion instead of sticking to the original plan to carry the story across thirteen episodes.

As the streaming wars heat up, it’s becoming clear that not every streaming service is going to make it. Yes, DC Universe has a large backlog of animated series and select movies, but among its original titles, you really only had Titans and Doom Patrol, and while those shows had their fans, that’s not enough to keep plugging away at original content in the hopes of building a subscriber base that’s being asked to make some tough decisions about subscriptions. DC Universe had to make the case that it was worth $8/month or $75/year (depending on your subscription option), and it looks like it’s struggling to make the argument. If Swamp Thing can’t even make it to its first full season order, what does that mean for other shows in the pipeline?

It’s possible that this could just be isolated to Swamp Thing and that higher-ups are unhappy with what they’ve seen so far and they’re cutting their losses. Either way, it’s certainly a bummer for fans of Swamp Thing, since an abbreviated first season means a second season is highly unlikely unless the show becomes a surprise sensation.

If DC Universe does fade, it will be interesting to see what Warner Bros. does with it. Will they try to fold it into a subscription with the DC Comics subscription? Will the shows end up on WB’s upcoming streaming service? The studio certainly has options, and perhaps an isolated genre channel meant just for their superhero properties was a bit of overreach.
http://collider.com/swamp-thing-dc-u...oblems/#images
Advertisement
17-04-2019, 21:25   #25
Slydice

Swamp Thing!
17-04-2019, 22:22   #26
Agent Coulson

It will be a petty if the end this Universe as I've been really enjoying it.

Doom Patrol is fantastically bonkers
17-04-2019, 23:39   #27
pixelburp

Had to have always been a realistic outcome, if indeed the news relating to Swamp Thing is an indicator. A service dedicated to just DC material was only ever going to be niche, at best, and the market is too saturated to justify the outlay DC expected. Wonder how much Netflix paid for the international rights to the properties.

Somebody had to be the next Yahoo, you gotta hit the market with more than 3, 4 shows (yes they had animated stuff but let's be honest it was the live action that had the best chance for mass appeal)
18-04-2019, 00:31   #28
Agent Coulson

DC might be better going into a longterm partnership with Netflix now that would benefit both of them long term.
18-04-2019, 06:35   #29
The White Wolf

News circulating now that the halt to Swamp Thing is not indicative of the future of the streaming service. Looks like they're still ploughing on.

To be honest I'd be surprised if it gets canned so soon given it's a joint venture between WB and DC. Reducing the episodes of Swamp Thing from 13 to 10 might just be a creative decision similar to how they ended Titans Season 1 an episode early.

https://screenrant.com/dc-universe-future-swamp-thing-shutdown/
18-04-2019, 11:09   #30
Sonics2k

So, uh. Titan's is pretty god damn good.

I went into it fairly sceptical, Robin is a pretty-boy and the usual saviour plot.

But, god damn this show is good. I really like the plot line for Dick Grayson and the trauma he would have gone through growing up, even after Bruce adopted him.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion