Forum Closed  

13-07-2018, 09:24   #2146
FrancieBrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamocovic View Post
What is the point of that? That Wright apologised and they made up?

Doesn't 'unsay' the attempt to put somebody down.
Advertisement
13-07-2018, 09:32   #2147

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post

Do take a joke Francie.
13-07-2018, 09:38   #2148
Conor74

When you point out to the Irish fans gloating about England's loss that they love Man and Liverpool so their position is not completely coherent, my favourite response is "yeah but (insert English city) is pretty much Irish and has HUGE Irish ties".
13-07-2018, 09:41   #2149
FrancieBrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Von Peppercorn View Post
Do take a joke Francie.
Joke or serious put down doesn't hide where it was coming from. He got called out and went for the put down.
13-07-2018, 09:43   #2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor74 View Post
When you point out to the Irish fans gloating about England's loss that they love Man and Liverpool so their position is not completely coherent, my favourite response is "yeah but (insert English city) is pretty much Irish and has HUGE Irish ties".
That’s a bad response Conor unless you are a Celtic supporter. Certainly doesn’t work for Liverpool.
Advertisement
13-07-2018, 09:45   #2151

Quote:
Joke or serious put down doesn't hide where it was coming from. He got called out and went for the put down.
Maybe you should check your white privilege. Black people cant be racist or prejudiced.
13-07-2018, 09:49   #2152
FrancieBrady

Quote:
Maybe you should check your white privilege. Black people cant be racist or prejudiced.
Wright was very much being a certain type of 'Englishman' as discussed throughout the thread.

*And yes there are Irish, Scots Welsh French Italian Brazilian men and women just like him.
13-07-2018, 10:03   #2153
Adamocovic

Quote:

Hi Francie. I posted it as there had been a debate about Keane and Wright hating each-other after their heated debate the other day. Saw on twitter the two of them the other day smiling (hard task to make Keane smile ), and arms locked in the pub. And I foolishly thought it was worth posting in here.

I will say that if what Wright said or did has displeased you to the point that it is still inexcusable after they appear to be getting on, or kissed and made up, like you say, then the best course of action for you is to file your Viewer's Complaint to the ITV.

As a paying customer I think you have the right to voice your opinion on the matter, but it would be better done directly to their complain office as we certainly can't do anything about it.

You can find the contact information here.
http://www.itv.com/viewerservices
but if the link isn't handy their email is: viewerservices@itv.com

Have a lovely day.
Thanks from:
13-07-2018, 10:05   #2154
FrancieBrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamocovic View Post
Hi Francie. I posted it as there had been a debate about Keane and Wright hating each-other after their heated debate the other day. Saw on twitter the two of them the other day smiling (hard task to make Keane smile ), and arms locked in the pub. And I foolishly thought it was worth posting in here.

I will say that if what Wright said or did has displeased you to the point that it is still inexcusable after they appear to be getting on, or kissed and made up, like you say, then the best course of action for you is to file your Viewer's Complaint to the ITV.

As a paying customer I think you have the right to voice your opinion on the matter, but it would be better done directly to their complain office as we certainly can't do anything about it.

You can find the contact information here.
http://www.itv.com/viewerservices
but if the link isn't handy their email is: viewerservices@itv.com

Have a lovely day.
I asked you 'what the point was'?

If it was to show that they don't 'hate' one another (which I for one, never claimed, as I don't know) you should have said that when you posted it? Is that too much to ask?

I have no intention of complaining about a low level putdown.

I am having a lovely day thanks.
Advertisement
13-07-2018, 10:08   #2155
alaimacerc

Quote:
Black people cant be racist or prejudiced.
Think you're muddling your right-wing talking points, there. Or to attempt to be fair, maybe it was already muddled by the time you got it. The "reverse racism isn't racism" semantic exercise doesn't say it isn't prejudice.

Not that there's anything particularly "reverse" about an English person trying to mock an Irish person for their accent.
13-07-2018, 10:12   #2156
Kiith

Right, this thread has run it's course. England are out, so no one has to worry about or celebrate it anymore.
Forum Closed