23-05-2017, 08:48   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck View Post
Not sure we'll get Miles Morales anytime soon. I read somewhere that part of the Sony/Marvel deal was that Sony stipulated that he be a straight, white male. If they went so far as to insist on that, I think it kinda speaks to their intentions.

And people say WB are bad.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-05-2017, 09:26   #17
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Gadot View Post

And people say WB are bad.
From the scuttle butt I've heard Sony NEED Spider-man to hit. ASM2 and Ghostbusters failing have left a huge gap where there summer tent post should be.

Considering Pascal's tendency towards female/ colour centric leads (she did ghostbusters and wanted to do something similar with super heroes in a film called glass ceiling) that'd indicate they wanted the new Spider-Man to be super safe.
23-05-2017, 09:29   #18
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor DooM View Post
From the scuttle butt I've heard Sony NEED Spider-man to hit. ASM2 and Ghostbusters failing have left a huge gap where there summer tent post should be.

Considering Pascal's tendency towards female/ colour centric leads (she did ghostbusters and wanted to do something similar with super heroes in a film called glass ceiling) that'd indicate they wanted the new Spider-Man to be super safe.
Are they getting a cut of the box-office so? What's it to them if Marvel do a great job with Homecoming? Are we in some sort of catch-22 situation where if Homecoming is a hit, Sony will ride that wave (and likely crash it), but if it gets a lukewarm reception, they... plough on anyway to hold on to rights?
23-05-2017, 09:50   #19
Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor DooM View Post
Considering Pascal's tendency towards female/ colour centric leads (she did ghostbusters and wanted to do something similar with super heroes in a film called glass ceiling)
As subtle as the 'b' in 'subtle' 'brick'.

As far as I've read, it seems Sony want to set up their own 'Spider-Verse' of films but likely separate from the MCU, including the MCU version of Spider-Man (because they can't cross their own films over with the MCU films). So they're likely going to do a bunch of films (Venom, Black Cat/Silver Sable, maybe try Sinister Six again) possibly with references to Spider-Man but without directly including him.
Thanks from:
23-05-2017, 10:05   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Are they getting a cut of the box-office so? What's it to them if Marvel do a great job with Homecoming? Are we in some sort of catch-22 situation where if Homecoming is a hit, Sony will ride that wave (and likely crash it), but if it gets a lukewarm reception, they... plough on anyway to hold on to rights?
More or less.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Weird-Specifics-Marvel-Sony-Secret-Spider-Man-Deal-69718.html

http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-2-mcu-marvel-sony/

Immediate financial interests in Sony's favour while they can pull the plug at a certain point. Marvel Studios benefit comes out of the non solo ventures.

Last edited by Ben Gadot; 23-05-2017 at 10:08.
Advertisement
23-05-2017, 10:21   #21
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Again I am not a movie person and this is based on scuttlebutt I've read, but the thinking is that if Spider-Man hits big with homecoming Sony will be in a very strong position for negotiating either a return to Marvel for billions or they'll keep a hand on the franchise and make tonnes after Marvel's done the hard work.

If it doesn't work..? Well, Sony don't really lose anything, as as long as a new Spider-Man film is made it's thought their license extends for 5 years. They get ANOTHER shot at the franchise.

I believe the box office for Homecoming and it's sequel is shared. Again, rumoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
As subtle as the 'b' in 'subtle' 'brick'.

As far as I've read, it seems Sony want to set up their own 'Spider-Verse' of films but likely separate from the MCU, including the MCU version of Spider-Man (because they can't cross their own films over with the MCU films). So they're likely going to do a bunch of films (Venom, Black Cat/Silver Sable, maybe try Sinister Six again) possibly with references to Spider-Man but without directly including him.
I like to think I'm quite the lefty liberal type and I certainly don't like my films pasty and penis only. Even I think Pascal is a bit of a pain in the arse

Last edited by Doctor DooM; 23-05-2017 at 10:24.
25-05-2017, 16:28   #22

Guardian blog that while disagreeable at times (I was not a fan of Taboo), it gets the crux of things: Tom Hardy will at least elevate this risky venture through pure talent.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/fil...rhero-universe
26-05-2017, 12:41   #23
pjohnson

I think Eddie should be remembered as Topher Grace and forgotten. If Hardy was playing Flash Thompson I'd be far more excited.
Thanks from:
26-05-2017, 13:20   #24
Brief_Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
I think Eddie should be remembered as Topher Grace and forgotten. If Hardy was playing Flash Thompson I'd be far more excited.
I won´t hear anything against big Joe Mang...
Advertisement
26-05-2017, 13:47   #25
Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
Yeah the only way I can see the film going story-wise is if they do the Flash Thompson version. Makes more sense considering it's a solo movie most likely without Spider-Man at all.
26-05-2017, 19:12   #26
Doctor DooM

Army no legs special ops Venom would be a great turn indeed!
18-06-2017, 18:54   #27
Agent Coulson

Credit to MilesMorales1 who posted this in the Film forum the will take place in the Spiderman Homecoming Universe aka the MCU.

https://twitter.com/comicfade/status/876443828370255874
18-06-2017, 19:34   #28

Having Tom Hardy at their disposal in the MCU was too good to pass up, though it raises questions about Eddie Brock's origin now as Venom.
18-06-2017, 20:44   #29

I dunno, feels like marketing double-speak to me. I don't think we'll see Venom in the MCU.
18-06-2017, 20:47   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck View Post
I dunno, feels like marketing double-speak to me. I don't think we'll see Venom in the MCU.
The good thing is that MCU have the right to not use him I think. They can say he's part of it, doesn't mean they have to use him.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion