Forum Closed  

17-02-2017, 14:29   #1
Ailesbury Hair Clinic: Lorraine
Verified representative

Ailesbury Hair Clinic: Lorraine's Avatar

Some common questions and answers

There are many reasons why hair loss occurs.

Joanne Cunningham is our in house trichologist and one of the world’s leading experts on hair loss and is available to answer any of your questions.

Here is a selection of some common FAQs. Feel free to ask your own question. We aim to respond within 48 hours, alternatively there is also a Live Chat function on the website which allows you to communicate confidentially and privately with one of our consultants:

http://ailesburyhairclinic.ie/question-and-answers
Advertisement
17-04-2017, 00:56   #2
SeantheMan

I think price is the most common question that people have.

It's hard to find prices or even people talkin about prices on the net ?

Can you give a breakdown without posting a link to your site saying
"everyone is different and more follicles cost more etc"

Just a basic gist for everyone please.
Thanks from:
19-04-2017, 11:40   #3
Mousewar

After a hair transplant, do you have to take/administer a supplement (propecia or whatever) forever in order to keep the transplanted hair?
20-04-2017, 14:16   #4
Verified representative

Dear Sean & Mousewar,

Many thanks for your posts and apologies for the delay in coming back to you (due to the Easter holidays).

So, in terms of the cost of a hair transplant - yes this is a really important question.  Ailesbury Hair Implants charges in line with all the leading US, Australian and Canadian hair loss clinics.  A starting procedure fee is 2800 Euros and an average procedure would be between 4000 Euros and 6500 Euros.  Unfortunately in Ireland, people tend to think fees are in the region of 25,000 Euros plus which is an outrageous fee.  This would be due to a clinic well known years back charging these sorts of fees.  Anyway, as I say above... the standard fees at US, Australian and Canadian clinics are completely in line with what we charge.  A hair transplant isn't open heart surgery let's face it and only takes four hours maximum to complete.  I hope that helps.  Lorraine (Ailesbury tel: - 01 2690933)
(3) thanks from:
20-04-2017, 23:37   #5
Mousewar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailesbury Hair Clinic: Lorraine View Post
 I hope that helps.  Lorraine (Ailesbury tel: - 01 2690933)
Doesn't help me...
Advertisement
21-04-2017, 07:19   #6
Verified representative

PRP injections / Laser therapy

Yes we do offer laser therapy and PRP scalp injections. Usually it's best to be seen at a consultation obviously, so that we can advise on the best course of action.
21-04-2017, 07:20   #7
Verified representative

Sorry that doesn't help you. We can assess the number of follicles you need at a consultation or with very clear photographs, from that we could advise an exact cost for a procedure.

Thank you.
21-04-2017, 07:23   #8
Verified representative

Hello there,

No following hair transplantation, you don't need Propecia or a similar product to hold onto the transplanted hair. It grows without assistance / products.

We do recommend the Saw Palmetto Herbal DHT blocker for original thinning areas which are currently too early for transplantation, this can help to hold onto the weaker hairs for slightly longer. We're don't like to prescribe Propecia / Finasteride for various reasons.

Thank you.
(3) thanks from:
08-05-2017, 17:24   #9

Who donates the hair?
Is it from living people or dead people?
Could I be getting hair from many different people in one session?
Is there any chance of getting any blood bourne infections/diseases from the transplant?
Advertisement
08-05-2017, 17:27   #10
helimachoptor
#TitanUp

At what do point do you say "i'm sorry but you're a lost cause" or do you?
09-05-2017, 17:55   #11
Verified representative

Hi there, the donor follicles come from your own donor follicles at the back of your head. It's not possible to take donor hair from somebody else unless they have the exact same DNA as you, which would mean an identical twin.

Hair transplantation is a medical procedure, as in we do have to penetrate the skin even though it's a minimally invasive method of hair restoration and so all the usual precautions and medical standards applied to any medical procedure would be applied to hair transplantation. Thanks.
Thanks from:
09-05-2017, 17:58   #12
Verified representative

Hi there, we would say "sorry you're not a candidate for hair transplantation" when:

1. The donor site is too weak or not sufficient to cover the area of current and future thinning / baldness.
2. If there are very severe skin issues such as psoriasis that can't be managed medically.
3. If the person looking at transplantation was on blood thinners long term.

The key though to a good result is a good strong, healthy donor site to provide enough healthy follicles to work with and transfer to the thinning areas.

Thank you.
02-06-2017, 17:09   #13
WhereIsSanJose
Banned

I have been researching HTS for quite a while now.

It is generally agreed by all that the best surgeons in Europe are Dr Feriduni and Dr Bisanga. Other people will add certain other surgeons to that list and some will agree and others won't but the two I mentioned are universally recognized as being at the top of the profession.

I'm sure you know of these two surgeons. What is your opinion on them? Who is your surgeon and how do you think he compares to these two?

----------------

Dr Bisanga has his prices clearly listed on his website:

Price per Graft (Strip/Tricophytic Technique)
- The first 2000 grafts at €3.00
- All additional grafts at €2.00

Price per Graft (FUE Technique)
- The first 1000 grafts at €5.00
- All additional grafts at €3.00

What are your prices?

----------------

For a Norwood 6 with normal hair thickness - can you give general guidelines as to:

- Which technique you would recommend?
- A rough guideline to the number of grafts you would estimate for a Norwood 6?

----------------

Generally speaking what medication do you recommend a patient to take before and after a HTS procedure?

Thank You.
02-06-2017, 17:18   #14
WhereIsSanJose
Banned

I'm looking at the pictures on your website and the angles of the before and after photos are different and there is only one of each.

Do you have multiple photos from various angles of a few patients before and at various stages after the surgery?
03-06-2017, 23:55   #15
Patient11

Do you prescribe Finasteride/Propecia for hair loss ?

One of Ireland's most respected Doctor's Andrew Rynne has said that hair loss clinics who prescribe this drug are "unethical".

Forum Closed